What is the best case for the N4?

rudeshko

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
So my case came in on saturday, and it is not a TPU flexible case. It is made out of the same plastic, but this case is much more durable. You can read my full description on amazon here.
Could you please post some pictures of the case and Nexus 4 with the case on it please? I tried to find some reviews or pics in the internet but haven't found any..

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Got my cruzerlite case. Seems nice so far. Am liking the teal color and the button cutouts.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356990655590.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356990655590.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 44

SOLGarion

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
whos tried the knockoff bumper? any good?

From some other threads it seems the poetic bumpers are separating some at the seams. They do have a 3 year warranty (I haven't had a single phone for 3 years since flip phone days) so any with that issue should be able to get a replacement. Hopefully a newer batch will get better because it seems pretty soon to be falling apart. Having to do a RMA for your case every 2 weeks is no fun. Especially since it is $10 now.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
From some other threads it seems the poetic bumpers are separating some at the seams. They do have a 3 year warranty (I haven't had a single phone for 3 years since flip phone days) so any with that issue should be able to get a replacement. Hopefully a newer batch will get better because it seems pretty soon to be falling apart. Having to do a RMA for your case every 2 weeks is no fun. Especially since it is $10 now.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

where did you read about the bumpers separating at the seams? yea if its true than its not worth in IMO

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
after my aux cable wasn't working with my cruzerlite case on (and the s line case), i started to realize that the case wasn't the problem, the aux cable was. after doing some quick research i found that special aux cables are designed with a "step" in the plug design so that it does interfere with the added thickness of a case. i found this on amazon Amazon.com: Mediabridge 3.5mm Male To 3.5mm Male Stereo Audio Cable - 4 Feet - Step Down Design accommodates iPhone, iTouch, SmartPhone and MP3 cases: Electronics and it does interfere with the case!

i've attached a pic of my old aux cable so you guys can see what i am talking about. hope this helps!

Attachments

• oldaux.jpg
    oldaux.jpg
    704.5 KB · Views: 55

jim302

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered one of these...
Black Hard Case Cover Belt Clip Holster Face in Out LG Google Nexus 4 | eBay

It won't offer much drop protection, but also won't add any bulk to the phone. I had a very similar case for my Thunderbolt (it was probably from the same manufacturer in China). The holster was very secure, but it was still easy to remove the phone when needed. Hopefully the Nexus 4 version is just as good.

I also have a Cruzerlite Androidified A2 case. It is a very good case, but I need a holster. I don't like the horizontal pouch style holsters, and all of the top loading versions I have seen were either too small to fit the phone and case, or way too large.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
After just popping my phone out of my cruzerlite case for the hell of it, and seeing how damn beautiful this phone is, I feel very reluctant to put it back in... I think I wanna go the bumper + screen protector route...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

nigeljennings

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site