Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    1,678 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

Default Re: Nexus 4 Bumper - Why out of stock still?

Quote Originally Posted by smartphonedude View Post
    Am tempted to bite the bullet on eBay but they are going for almost 100 which is insane.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    I've been tempted also but, it looks like a few of them have already been opened. You can see cracks and tears in the package case. It's hard to over-spend $90.00 on a case that's not even worth that much let alone, opened and played with.
    Last edited by qnet; 12-05-2012 at 10:43 AM.

I'd be interested, but it be nice to see the product you are referring to first.

Quote Originally Posted by Solutions Etcetera View Post
    I was thinking something like that, but just in the 4 corners of the back glass to be able to set it down with safety and no slippage.

Quote Originally Posted by Solutions Etcetera View Post
    I have an idea! I have sourced a high quality, transparent, self adhesive, hemispherical polyurethane bumper in 6.5mm x 2mm. Placement of three or four of these on the back side of the phone would allow for you to safely set it on any surface, plus offer a little extra grip, without spoiling the look and feel of the phone. I would have to order these in bulk so I am curious how many might be interested in a solution like this.
    That's exactly what I was thinking! I'm sure you can get some at any craft store. My main reason for thinking of it was to lift it off the table a little, as the speaker gets soooo muffled sitting on a desk/table. Not to mention it sliding around like melted butter on everything.

I can't been believe there hasn't been anymore on the play store and eBay's prices are between 80-100 and that's not something I can pay for a bumper.

Quote Originally Posted by Basscase View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking! I'm sure you can get some at any craft store. My main reason for thinking of it was to lift it off the table a little, as the speaker gets soooo muffled sitting on a desk/table. Not to mention it sliding around like melted butter on everything.
    You can get clear self-adhesive bumper dots at any hardware store. Just look for "cabinet door bumpers". Meanwhile, I am looking for options either from the Play Store (out of stock), Otterbox (no plans for N4 products), or Speck Products (possible N4 case in the works).

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts

seriously? ppl would pay $100 for a piece of plastic that amazon will be overflowed with replica in about a month for around $10? use that extra $90 and go feed some hungry children. haha. or feed yourself.

Global Posts
    1,678 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

I admit I overspent for one.

Quote Originally Posted by klau25 View Post
    seriously? ppl would pay $100 for a piece of plastic that amazon will be overflowed with replica in about a month for around $10? use that extra $90 and go feed some hungry children. haha. or feed yourself.

I've been tempted but can't justify paying 100. 50 maybe

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

First World problem gone completely out of control... $100 for a bumper. GTFO

Sent from my Nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by Ziptied View Post
    A vendor change.
    Strange so early on in the life cycle. Does anyone have any info on when new ones will be available in the US? It seems more were made available in the UK recently.

Poetic Bumper for Nexus 4, shipping on 12/30 for $5.95. Poetic makes good stuff - and I wouldn't be surprised if it's longer than that before any not-yet-placed bumper orders from Play end up shipping.
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8000 View Post
    Poetic Bumper for Nexus 4, shipping on 12/30 for $5.95. Poetic makes good stuff - and I wouldn't be surprised if it's longer than that before any not-yet-placed bumper orders from Play end up shipping.
    Is kinda ugly but it's better than nothing and seeing how I just peeled my front screen protector off and am seriously eyeing the back protector, I'm gonna need something quick... Damn, 12/30? Don't know if I can make it naked for that long.... About to rip this back protector off any second...

Sent from my Nexus 4

Just saw one on eBay that sold for over $120 wow.

Poetic Bumper & Atmosphere avail. Dec 30
    That forum has a poetic bumper and atmosphere bumper.
    They will be available on december 30th (which is kind of far away) for only 5 dollars.
    If the bumper is still expensive, get that because it's almost the exact same as looks (not sure about material because I don't have or a bumper)

I bought a clear S-Line TPU case on ebay shipped From China..cost $2.01 shipped. Didn't care much for way it fit so cut out the buttons first then decided to cut out the entire back and ended up with my own bumper. It is a touchy process and you can screw it up without a sharp knife of other tool to make the cut. It actually looks good, with a chrome look all around and has a great grip. Seems it would be pretty simple to retool and also make bumper.

Quote Originally Posted by smartphonedude View Post
    Just saw one on eBay that sold for over $120 wow.
    Then again, I offered mine here for sale for pretty much what I paid and got no takers. Go figure.

I got one of the bumpers but I am not very happy with it and I feel I may have gotten a defective one. I never dropped or have been rough with my phone but the bottom where the charging port is my case broke...

All I have done is taken off the bumper, nothing major... but I guess that is not allowed. Now I am going back and forth with Google and LG about a replacement. Google says that since it is past the 15 days that they don't offer the warranty and LG is now researching what they can do about it. The service person at LG even seemed surprised that there would be a warranty on it. I guess I will see what happens.

And with Poetics bumper being 10 bucks with prime having a 3 year warranty Google charges $20 with a 15 day warranty and doesn't even have any to sell. Go go Google rangers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12