Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By BeingBoston121
  • 1 Post By gone down south
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Car Dock

So I'm one of those people who don't bother with a standalone GPS because Google Maps + Navigation is more than enough for me. Why look up addresses when I can just say the name of the place, right. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows of any decent car docks that would work well with this phone. I know there's probably nothing specific for the Nexus 4 yet, so I may have to deal with something generic. I saw one of the threads here regarding an adjustable dock, but I am not too sure how reliable that is. Last thing I need is the phone toppling over after a hard brake or sharp turn.

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Car Dock

Quote Originally Posted by pespule View Post
    So I'm one of those people who don't bother with a standalone GPS because Google Maps + Navigation is more than enough for me. Why look up addresses when I can just say the name of the place, right. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows of any decent car docks that would work well with this phone. I know there's probably nothing specific for the Nexus 4 yet, so I may have to deal with something generic. I saw one of the threads here regarding an adjustable dock, but I am not too sure how reliable that is. Last thing I need is the phone toppling over after a hard brake or sharp turn.
    Until you're not in a coverage area or roaming and not near WiFi and need directions... It has happened to me and my boss (who used to say the same thing you did until he had to call me for directions) plenty before. There is a post here in this sub forum about how a dock for the LG Optimus G worked on the Nexus 4... Might want to look around a bit.

In another thread I was directed towards the X grip. Works wicked awesome. The phone ain't going anywhere in that thing.
    Thanked by:

+1 to the RAM mounts and xgrip.

This car dock holds the N4 tight, but you can still remove the device easily. It has audio out also.

You can find it cheap on eBay

Tim
    devilsushi and qnet like this.

ROM
    Stock

Beat me to the infuse dock, glad I keep it for my Skyrocket, my GS III and now my Nexus 4.

- - - Updated - - -

Beat me to the infuse dock, glad I keep it for my Skyrocket, my GS III and now my Nexus 4.

Does the X-Grip interfere with the power or volume buttons? It seems like it would be right there in the way.

I'm seriously considering a Ram setup.

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts

this looks like a good option. It uses the cd player to hold the phone, looks sturdy, good reviews on Amazon too.

http://www.amazon.com/Mountek-nGroov...idcentral00-20

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Anyone out there in Silicon Valley, if you stop by the Waze offices in Palo Alto they'll give you a free suction cup mount just for showing Waze installed on your phone!
    devilsushi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BeingBoston121 View Post
    This car dock holds the N4 tight, but you can still remove the device easily. It has audio out also.

Tim
    I'm guessing this would no longer fit with the dizitronic case...

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by BeingBoston121 View Post

Tim
    BUT, the audio out doesn't work and it will only charge at USB rates. Just FYI.

Sent from my SPH-L900

Quote Originally Posted by Coop1979 View Post
    BUT, the audio out doesn't work and it will only charge at USB rates. Just FYI.
    There's a fix for the USB rates, if you're adventurous...

Thanked by: