Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 42
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Screen protector?

    Should I get a screen protector for my nexus 4?

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  2. #2  
    J T M's Avatar

    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    ROM
    Franco's Nightly Kernel

    Default Re: Screen protector?

    If you don't want to stare at a perpetually scratched screen, then sure.

    I've always used a screen protector, just for the simple fact that accidents do happen, and i'd rather a piece of replaceable plastic get scratched than the screen itself. I know it's got Gorilla Glass 2, but that said, it's not impossible to scratch.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Screen protector?

    Of course you should. . . "Gorilla Glass" is whack.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Screen protector?

    Quote Originally Posted by J T M View Post
    If you don't want to stare at a perpetually scratched screen, then sure.

    I've always used a screen protector, just for the simple fact that accidents do happen, and i'd rather a piece of replaceable plastic get scratched than the screen itself. I know it's got Gorilla Glass 2, but that said, it's not impossible to scratch.
    Yea I have always had a screen protectors on my smartphones

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Screen protector?

    Is anyone selling one specifically cut for the Nexus 4 right now?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Screen protector?

    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    Is anyone selling one specifically cut for the Nexus 4 right now?
    Yes

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Screen protector?

    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    Is anyone selling one specifically cut for the Nexus 4 right now?
    SGP Stienhiel ultra clear
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Screen protector?

    Got mine from eBay covers the front and the back.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Screen protector?

    i wouldnt recommend getting a screen protector! i put a screen protector on my nexus 4 and it blocks the proximity sensor at the top. The screen goes black when your making a call and wont turn back on until the call ends!
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Screen protector?

    I'm using Liquid Armor. Never been fond of screen protectors.

    Quote Originally Posted by HTCTundaBow View Post
    Of course you should. . . "Gorilla Glass" is whack.
    ?
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Screen protector?

    Quote Originally Posted by heroman24 View Post
    i wouldnt recommend getting a screen protector! i put a screen protector on my nexus 4 and it blocks the proximity sensor at the top. The screen goes black when your making a call and wont turn back on until the call ends!
    That's because the dummies who made it didn't take that into account. There are other that have it cut out.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Screen protector?

    Quote Originally Posted by KwietStorm View Post
    I'm using Liquid Armor. Never been fond of screen protectors.



    ?
    gorilla glass is a marketing scheme.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Screen protector?

    Quote Originally Posted by HTCTundaBow View Post
    gorilla glass is a marketing scheme.
    If you say so.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Screen protector?

    Neah... not me...

    I used an iPhone 4S for a year with no screen protector and im still listing it (justifiably) as mint" on Craigslist. The N4 is GG2. Unless you walk around with sand in your pockets, why bother? And for the record I'm not the most cautious smartphone handler in the world lol.

    Just my .02 tho :-)

    PS: However, I do use a bumper/case on all my phones.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Nexus 5/Moto X
  15. #15  
    bunique4life05's Avatar

    Posts
    1,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Screen protector?

    Screen protector?-uploadfromtaptalk1354170792027.jpg
    Been waiting for them to come out with screen and back protector.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Screen protector?

    Anyone have a non-liquid screen protector that has the proper proximity cut outs? Can you please link me
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Screen protector?

    Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by HTCTundaBow View Post
    SGP Stienhiel ultra clear
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Screen protector?

    I have been using these guys for a few years now with multiple phones, (droid 1 and 2, Droid Charge). They just released the new skins for the nexus 4. They are the best I have found for the money, and keep my phone looking good and protected. Just ordered my full body cover for my nexus 4.

  19. #19  

    Default Re: Screen protector?

    I tried this Skinomi on my N7 and I think it's the best! Am ordering for my N4. They also have a body skin but think I'll just go with the screen protector: Amazon.com: Skinomi TechSkin - LG Nexus 4 Screen Protector Ultra Clear Shield + Lifetime Warranty: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Thanked by:
    KitN 
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Screen protector?

    zagg has one too, I already ordered one, its coming Monday. I have used a zagg on every phone i've had since my nexus one, they are great screen protectors
    HTC G1Nexus OneDroid X | HTC Amaze 4G | LG Nexus 4 | LG Nexus 5 | Nexus 7 (2012) | Note 10.1 (2014) | Moto X
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Screen protector?

    has no one seen this?
    Thanked by:
    KitN 
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Screen protector?

    I'm currently using the screen protector from Spigen SGP and was disappointed to see that it doesn't cover the whole screen. This is, according to Spigen, because it's a curved screen. That doesn't explain why it doesn't go completely from top to bottom though.

    With that said I went ahead and ordered the front and back pack from them too. I won a $7.77 discount from them by mentioning them on Twitter. The back is not curved so hopefully it covers the whole thing.
  23. #23  
    bunique4life05's Avatar

    Posts
    1,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Screen protector?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex A1 View Post
    has no one seen this?
    It does really matter because most people know that any mobile glass on a smartphone today will get scratches if not protected. Regardless if the glass is made by gorilla or not it can be scratched. No one makes a glass that can withstand the scratches that dust and sand make which is the most common scratches.

    In video they talk about the strength difference between key and sand which sand about over 500 times stronger. Ultimately buying a screen protector is a smart investment to protect it because regardless how careful you are when you phone can be simply scratched buy the dust in your pocket.

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Screen protector?

    Just a heads up...

    Trying to be prepared, I bought a pack of screen protectors off of ebay that ended up fitting my N4 perfectly (Amazon.com: Lumii Ark Screen Protector Shield for Google LG NEXUS 4 - [3-Pack] - CLEAR: Cell Phones & Accessories). However, a huge flaw - everytime I made or received a call, I couldn't hang up. Apparently the proximity sensor was blocked by the screen protector, so the screen would stay on, completely black as if it were still against my face, making it impossible to disconnect a call.

    Thanks for providing links for some good protectors!
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Screen protector?

    I should probably get a screen protector. But it has to be smooth, some have a sticky feel to them that I despise. The glass the n4 feels so good.

    Any of these posted have a smooth feel?

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Screen protector or flip case for Sprint Hero?
    By dornier in forum HTC Hero
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-04-2010, 08:24 PM
  2. Sprint Hero Screen protector/body skin
    By KoukiFC3S in forum HTC Hero
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 04-11-2010, 11:01 PM
  3. Touch screen protectors
    By o2bnclemson in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-14-2009, 05:45 PM
  4. Do I need a screen protector for my Hero?
    By mxu030 in forum HTC Hero
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-04-2009, 12:24 PM
  5. VZW Screen Protector
    By jlank in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 11-30-2009, 10:51 AM

Posting Permissions

B