Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default JBL Powerup?

Anyone have any experience with the JBL PowerUp speaker (for Lumia) and the Nexus 4? If you do, I would much appreciate you posting your experiences, thanks.

Default Re: JBL Powerup?

Haven't got to try one but man i want one of those. That price tho... WOW

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

DOES NOT WORK WITH NEXUS 4. DO NOT BUY!

All of the recent Nokia-backed Lumina wireless chargers have well documented problems so much so that the Qi Consortium is looking into pulling their backing of said Nokia chargers.

I have personally tried two sperate JBL Power up charging speakers and currently OWN a brand new Nokia wireless charging plate:
    JBL Powerup?-uploadfromtaptalk1354316626415.jpg
    I can tell you with absolute certainty that neither the plate or the JBL speakers work.

I'll be returning the Nokia plate the moment I have a chance.

Save yourself the headache and do not buy!

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Thanked by 2:

Cool Re: JBL Powerup?

I too just bought the jbl power up and can confirm it does not work with the nexus 4. It tries to charge the device, but it will not charge with the speaker. It appears that it is charging but wait 5 or 10 seconds and the lights start flashing fast to denote the device is not properly positioned. I've tried to reposition it in every single possible way but cannot get it to charge, even upside down. The speaker sounds excellent however I cannot get the NFC to work either. At first I thought it was working but the Bluetooth just pairs fast and I think that is all that makes it connect since it will connect from far away.

i just tested the jbl with my n4 at a local verizon store. cuts in and out of charging constantly, exactly like on nokia charger as others have mentioned. no matter how i placed it, it did not maintain a charge.

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Is it the nexus 4 or the charger? I want to say its the nexus 4 since every other qi phone works with Nokia chargers such as all the verizon qi phones.