Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Default Re: Poetic Bumper & Atmosphere avail. Dec 30

I had some informations from poetic atmosphere yesterday and the guy told me that they will actually ship to Canada but only after their christmas and new year's rush because they are overwhelmed with orders. I'll wait a month or so to order mine.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus.plans View Post
    They really need more color options for that bumper because that gray ruins it.
    Sent from my LG-P999 using Android Central Forums
    Definitely agree.
    taj7575 likes this.

How much width does it add? Comparison to Google bumper?

Quote Originally Posted by pespule View Post
    How much width does it add? Comparison to Google bumper?
    That's the million dollar question. No one has one yet, so no one knows. It does look smaller to me though. For the price, anyone should be able to afford to simply try it out.

Just got an early email that the bumper just shipped! Still haven't heard word on the Atmosphere yet.

Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod

Quote Originally Posted by minnemike View Post
    Just got an early email that the bumper just shipped! Still haven't heard word on the Atmosphere yet.
    Good deal. I just ordered mine and the ship date will be between the 24th and the 26th.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Poetic Bumper went from 5 bucks to 10. Still free shipping though.

Just got my bumper in the mail - nice xmas present to get it to me so soon btw!

I have to say that it is really low profiled and barely added any size to the N4. I don't have the OEM bumper to compare to, but it does look smaller via the pics I;ve seen. Considering that, it probably doesn't provide as much protection as a sacrifice for the sleek dimensions. The fit isn't as tight as could be, but seems to fit just fine without any slack. Buttons are much easier to press than the cover I had on it just before, the S-Line TPU Gel Case. I like it.

I also have the Nilikin case that has nothing covering the buttons, and I would say the bumper is bigger around the edges of course, but the buttons are easier to manage with the bumper. The bumper also provides way better anti-slip properties front and back with it's more rubberized edges.

FOr now, I will roll with the bumper and see how it goes. I like being about to show off the back of the phone as my personal bling. lol
    Last edited by minnemike; 12-24-2012 at 02:12 PM.
    Thanked by 3:

Another update: Atmosphere has now been shipped too.

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

Just got my bumper in the mail - nice xmas present to get it to me so soon btw!
    Pics please?!

Sent from my Nexus 7

Got my shipping notification the other day for the Atmosphere case.

According to Amazon:
    "Shipment Date: December 31, 2012
    Estimated Arrival: January 8, 2013"

According to the USPS:
    "Expected Delivery By:
    December 29, 2012 "

The end of the Mayan calendar may not have signaled the end of the world, but it sure looks like it's thrown the rest of the calendars into a time warp, arranging actual delivery two days before shipment!

Same for me. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by KitN View Post
    Pics please?!
    Not exactly ideal marketing shots, but here you go.... taken from my EEE pad tablet.

Thanked by 4:

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

Not exactly ideal marketing shots, but here you go....
    Thanks so much! Really appreciate it. :thumbup:

Does the bumper feel solid or does it feel lose and gappy?

Sent from my Nexus 7

It feels solid when holding it - in other words, you don't feel any separation or movement from the phone when handling it. But if you pull on the side outward without much force at all, it will stretch away from the phone to create a gap. It's pretty effortless to remove as well. I hope this doesn't mean it will get looser as it gets worn out. But as it stands, the bumper is very nicely designed and follows the contours of the phone exactly.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod

My bumper came in today. Just put it on.

hmm... it's nice that it exposes the back but it really takes away the slim look and the nice lines of the phone and adds roundness to the sides... rubenesque lol.

Not exactly ideal marketing shots, but here you go.... taken from my EEE pad tablet.

haha - rubenesque indeed.

I can't imagine what could protect those edges any better though. I do think they could have gone without the grey color edges to at least not highlight it so much.

Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod

Quote Originally Posted by fabulas View Post
    My bumper came in today. Just put it on.

The bumper fits well and feels great in the hand. I don't worry NEARLY as much about dropping it. It also does not hinder my Qi charger. I do wish it were all black though.

I got my Atmosphere case today. It's quite rigid on the sides. There are no cutouts for the buttons on the sides. The top mic hole is aligned well, the bottom holes (mic & USB port) are aligned. The case does add a bit of thickness to the top and will offer some protection if dropped on its face onto a flat surface. The sides are not slippery, but does not making gripping the phone any easier than normal. The sides do not cover much of the screen so the area not covered by my Spigen screen protector are exposed. The case does take a bit of effort to take off because of the rigid sides. My main and so far only beef of the case is that the back does not allow me to show off the back glassy effect of the phone.

Here's a link with some pics alongside a portable battery charger.

Thanked by 2:

I received my borderline bumper today. It is definitely a pretty decent alternative to the nexus bumper. I already have the nexus bumper and the poetic bumper is noticeably not as long or wide as the nexus bumper and just slightly thicker. The Grey on the poetic is darker than I thought it would be and overall it fits very well and feels good in the hand. I would say the poetic bumper is actually easier to hold on to compared to the nexus bumper.

Overall, the nexus bumper looks a little more refined, but I will be sticking with the poetic bumper and selling the nexus bumper on ebay.
    Thanked by 3:

Quote Originally Posted by ultraviolet View Post
    I received my borderline bumper today. It is definitely a pretty decent alternative to the nexus bumper. I already have the nexus bumper and the poetic bumper is noticeably not as long or wide as the nexus bumper and just slightly thicker. The Grey on the poetic is darker than I thought it would be and overall it fits very well and feels good in the hand. I would say the poetic bumper is actually easier to hold on to compared to the nexus bumper.

Overall, the nexus bumper looks a little more refined, but I will be sticking with the poetic bumper and selling the nexus bumper on ebay.

THis is pretty much what I would guess without actually having the OEM version. Thanks for confirming my guess!

Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ18 View Post
    Per the title. Poetic Bumper & Atmosphere available Dec. 30th.

Bumper

Atmosphere

I personally love the Atmosphere for my girlfriends iPhone 5 so I will be picking that up. And for the price it beats everything else out there IMO.
    in for a bumper. great price... with Amazon Prime, i should get it soon! i just got an email telling me my nexus4 has shipped as well. christmas comes late for me

Quote Originally Posted by ultraviolet View Post

i would have done the same thing, if i could have gotten a hand on a bumper. people are buying these on ebay for $49+. even though i would love the nexus4 to myself, thinking of even ebaying that since suckers people are buying them for $500 or more

Quote Originally Posted by denne View Post
    I had some informations from poetic atmosphere yesterday and the guy told me that they will actually ship to Canada but only after their christmas and new year's rush because they are overwhelmed with orders. I'll wait a month or so to order mine.
    I live in Canada and was not able to order the poetic bumper case from amazon.com as they do not ship to Canada. My inquiry with the vendor indicated that they do not ship to Canada...and no indication was given that this would change soon. If you do an EBay search for "poetic bumper nexus 4", you will find it for sale for the same price as it is listed on amazon.com right now. You will have to pay $3 for shipping. I ordered one and it was shipped same day. Just waiting for it to arrive.

Looks like the poetic bumper cases come in several different colors now. wish they had these options when i bought mine. the blue one looks pretty good :-)

Amazon.com: Poetic Borderline Bumper Case for Nexus 4 Smart Phone E960 LG Yellow/Gray (3 Year Warranty from Poetic): Cell Phones & Accessories
    Thanked by 2:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast