Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree10Likes

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Default Re: Poetic Bumper & Atmosphere avail. Dec 30

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Munki View Post
    Regarding the Poetic Atmosphere, does anybody have 'stretch' or 'stress' marks around the speaker and camera cut-outs?

I read somewhere else they had this problem, but I wanted to confirm if anybody else has the issue to. I like to remove the case every now any then to clean it (particles may scratch the chrome) and was worried these marks may grow when under stress/movement of taking the case on and off.
    I have the Atmosphere and it's ugly. Don't bother with it unless you want your phone to look like it's wrapped in Tupper ware. Horrible.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    ibbyj likes this.

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by minnemike View Post
    Not exactly ideal marketing shots, but here you go.... taken from my EEE pad tablet.

https://plus.google.com/photos/11707...COvjzqL2zN_STw
    does the poetic bumper have glossy sides? if so that would seem slippery
    Kyocera Marbl >> Kyocera Slider Sonic >> Sony Ericsson W580i >> LG Envy Touch >> Samsung Epic 4G >> LG Nexus 4

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Awww screw it, I'm just gonna go ahead and order the poetic bumper

Edit: done and done...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by bobjohnson201; 01-20-2013 at 11:46 PM.
    Kyocera Marbl >> Kyocera Slider Sonic >> Sony Ericsson W580i >> LG Envy Touch >> Samsung Epic 4G >> LG Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by bobjohnson201 View Post
    Awww screw it, I'm just gonna go ahead and order the poetic bumper

Edit: done and done...

I feel that the poetic case is better because it has more grip compared to the Google bumper. I just wish it looked more like the Google bumper.

Sent from my Moto X assembled in the USA!!
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    I feel that the poetic case is better because it has more grip compared to the Google bumper. I just wish it looked more like the Google bumper.
    Interesting... I actually feel less likely to lose hold of my N4 in the OEM bumper than in the atmosphere case. Of course, neither of them have very good traction.

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

poetic has more grip than oem bumper? do you have both?

poetic has more grip than oem bumper? do you have both?
    I had both, but settled with the poetic.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I had both, but settled with the poetic.
    how much smaller was the poetic than the oem?

does the poetic bumper have glossy sides? if so that would seem slippery
    I would say it really isn't slippery at all. I think it could maybe be slippery if you got it wet. I haven't got it wet since it is winter here and I haven't got it sweaty yet either. lol

It does have that glossy plastic stuff, so it actually grips really well when dry if you know what I mean - almost sticky. The grey edge material is not slippery at all, wet or dry. SO that helps too I guess. The grey part has that grainy rubberized feel.
    Thanked by:
    skidmark and dmowry7300 like this.

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I would say it really isn't slippery at all. I think it could maybe be slippery if you got it wet. I haven't got it wet since it is winter here and I haven't got it sweaty yet either. lol

It does have that glossy plastic stuff, so it actually grips really well when dry if you know what I mean - almost sticky. The grey edge material is not slippery at all, wet or dry. SO that helps too I guess. The grey part has that grainy rubberized feel.
    thanks for this. i think im going to return mine after i get it because i get sweaty lol so that would increase the chance of dropping it because of the glossy surface

how much smaller was the poetic than the oem?
    I don't remember, but that was not a determining factor for me.

Sent from my Moto X assembled in the USA!!

thanks for this. i think im going to return mine after i get it because i get sweaty lol so that would increase the chance of dropping it because of the glossy surface
    I haven't tested it wet, but there is a good chance it wouldn't be slippery when wet either. But, I would say definitely slippery when greasy. lol

THe edges do follow the contours of the phone very well though and give a nice feel when holding - giving a ridge, which helps with the grip too. You might still like it.

Well, after trying to remove my initial release bumper, it split apart at the seams. Finito. Emailed up support and they have already shipped me a replacement with tracking # within a couple hours! They also granted me a color option change. Top notch customer service if you should need it.
    badbrad17 likes this.

what is customer support's email address? my bumper split apart too within just a matter of 2 weeks...

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoadBikeGuy View Post
    what is customer support's email address? my bumper split apart too within just a matter of 2 weeks...
    I don't know their email, but you can reach them by filling out a contact form at Contact | Your Poetic | Cases for iPhone 5 and the New iPad 3
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoadBikeGuy View Post
    DId you buy via exact buy thru amazon? They responded first and sent out a replacement even before Poetic responded to my direct email. Not sure if they are the same entity or not.

DId you buy via exact buy thru amazon? They responded first and sent out a replacement even before Poetic responded to my direct email. Not sure if they are the same entity or not.
    They are. Exact Buy is just their presence on Amazon.

Just to give you folks an update on my Atmosphere case. I've had it for ~1.5 months or so, and where the volume buttons are, they used some other material than the hard plastic that forms the rest of the case (except for where the power button is). That material is starting to separate from the rest of the case. The power button area seems like it's doing okay (could be because it's a smaller area). For a ~$7 case, it's okay. If I had to pay $25 for the case, I would NOT be happy.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod

My Poetic case that I bought on Dec 21st started splitting, but Poetic sent me a replacement within 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by fabulas View Post
    My Poetic case that I bought on Dec 21st started splitting, but Poetic sent me a replacement within 3 days.
    If you look at the Amazon reviews for the Poetic bumper, a lot of people panned it because it was splitting. I want a bumper case and, besides the official Nexus 4 bumper, I'd like to know what the alternatives are. I guess Poetic isn't one of them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod

Quote Originally Posted by AFM1204 View Post
    If you look at the Amazon reviews for the Poetic bumper, a lot of people panned it because it was splitting. I want a bumper case and, besides the official Nexus 4 bumper, I'd like to know what the alternatives are. I guess Poetic isn't one of them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    The first batch were defective. These are suppose to be different. I'd buy one again!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Update on my issue. Poetic sent me a replacement Atmosphere case for free. We'll see how long this case lasts, but definitely giving them props for customer service!
    dmowry7300 likes this.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234