Poetic Bumper & Atmosphere avail. Dec 30

nochange

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Im using the poetic bumper with Clarivue ultra clear screen protectors (front and back) and am loving it. The only issue I'm having is that the first batch of poetic bumpers were defective (its starting to come apart at the seams) they should be replacing mine soon though.

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Im using the poetic bumper with Clarivue ultra clear screen protectors (front and back) and am loving it. The only issue I'm having is that the first batch of poetic bumpers were defective (its starting to come apart at the seams) they should be replacing mine soon though.

I have the same set up. Coming apart? Really? Mine is fine and I have the first batch... I guess I'll have to try and abuse it a bit more to get the replacement. LOL

Jester23

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I also have the poetic atmosphere and like it however it is way too slippery. I ended up having to put pieces of an old XO skin on it in order to give it a bit more grip. Unfortunately this results making case look terrible.

AuntieJimbo

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I returned my Poetic bumper. There was nothing holding the pieces together, so when I removed it to install my new screen protector it came apart. Blarg.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

navedoperez

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I have the atmosphere.

Pros:
The buttons are really nice to the touch. Out of the 3 cases I have, this one has the nicest feelling buttons, giving that definitive "clicking" feeling every time. Also looks kinda neat.

Cons:
WAY too slippery. It's so slippery, in fact, that it made me reduce the amount of times I pull my phone out of my pocket because I'm worried it would slip out of my hand. Also, it's really hard to take the phone out of this case. It may not bother you now that you're reading about it, but when you're in a situation where you wanna take this case off and you encounter the struggle, you'll understand.

Conclusion:
Switched back to my generic TPU case.

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Got my purple poetic bumper today. I love it. It is not as bright as I was afraid it might be. It's a nice rich grape color.

-M

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

skidmark

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I am using the poetic bumper and the rearth screen protector for the front and back. Very happy with both.

Evil_Munki

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Regarding the Poetic Atmosphere, does anybody have 'stretch' or 'stress' marks around the speaker and camera cut-outs?

I read somewhere else they had this problem, but I wanted to confirm if anybody else has the issue to. I like to remove the case every now any then to clean it (particles may scratch the chrome) and was worried these marks may grow when under stress/movement of taking the case on and off.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Regarding the Poetic Atmosphere, does anybody have 'stretch' or 'stress' marks around the speaker and camera cut-outs?

When I received mine, there was a very small flaw on the outside of the camera cutout that, to me, looked like an imperfection from stress. Only a few mm long, but it was 'opaqued' as one would expect this type of plastic to exhibit if bent too far.

I have flipped back and forth several times between the Atmosphere and my bumper case, and haven't noticed this mark getting any worse, so it doesn't appear to be an issue that will easily grow worse.

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Can you post a pic? Hard to tell the true color from the amazon pics.

Not sure how true to color these are. It does give a good idea of overall brightness. I took one with flash, one without. It's on a white sheet of paper also pictured is the black poetic bumper for to try to give some reference. I feel like the picures look a little too blue - it really is a grape purple.

-M

Attachments

• flash.jpg
    flash.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 39
  • noflash.jpg
    noflash.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 39

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I completely agree. I want a colored bumper - it would be nice if the color extended to the front of the phone.

-M

ultraviolet

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Not sure how true to color these are. It does give a good idea of overall brightness. I took one with flash, one without. It's on a white sheet of paper also pictured is the black poetic bumper for to try to give some reference. I feel like the picures look a little too blue - it really is a grape purple.

-M

Thanks! Looks good. I like that you put it next to the black one for comparison.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

I read somewhere else they had this problem, but I wanted to confirm if anybody else has the issue to. I like to remove the case every now any then to clean it (particles may scratch the chrome) and was worried these marks may grow when under stress/movement of taking the case on and off.
I have the Atmosphere and it's ugly. Don't bother with it unless you want your phone to look like it's wrapped in Tupper ware. Horrible.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Awww screw it, I'm just gonna go ahead and order the poetic bumper

Edit: done and done...

Last edited:

skidmark

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Awww screw it, I'm just gonna go ahead and order the poetic bumper

Edit: done and done...

I feel that the poetic case is better because it has more grip compared to the Google bumper. I just wish it looked more like the Google bumper.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I feel that the poetic case is better because it has more grip compared to the Google bumper. I just wish it looked more like the Google bumper.

Interesting... I actually feel less likely to lose hold of my N4 in the OEM bumper than in the atmosphere case. Of course, neither of them have very good traction.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm