Otterbox Petition

nigeljennings

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Otterbox has replied to a post i made on FB showing a link to the pre-order otterbox case saying

" Hi Nigel. Unfortunately, this is untrue. The product they are selling is not an OtterBox and we are looking into the post."

so i it looks as if we need to resound to the fact an otterbox is not going to happen and wait for:
LG Nexus 4 Ballistic Shell Gel SG Series Case | goballisticcase.com

or

SEIDIO | ACTIVE with Metal Kickstand Case for LG Nexus 4

so im sticking with my cheapo wallet flip style case til they come avaliable :(

although this one looks interesting, what do you guys think? (im waiting for an answer to see if they ship to uk)
It may serve as a cheaper alternative?

T-Mobile LG Google Nexus 4 4G E960 Blue on Black Dual Layer Fusion Armor Case | eBay

SOLGarion

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
The ONLY bad thing I have seen about that case is a prob with some other generic rubber cases, a bad chemical smell. Washing doesn't do much but I hear leaving in direct sunlight can neutralize the smell some. No personal experience, just what I picked up by forum lurking.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't look like this petition is going to get OtterBox moving and the longer they wait, the less likely it will happen. This is because every month that ticks by means less time before the phone is obsolete, meaning no more sales for them. I'd say that 12 months is the max any phone is going to generate case sales these days.

As an alternative, Seidio is now shipping it's Active case (with holster). Personally, I like OtterBox better, but the Active case is almost identical to the Defender, and more importantly, it's actually being manufactured.

nigeljennings

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
That's fantastic news, however ballistic told me on fb that their case should be ready to ship by the end of the month so I think I'd rather wait for that.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

ChewieD2

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I've signed too, i had the bumper for a while but it just doesn't do it for me and i want/need to be able to casually throw my phone around every now and again!

FEDknowsBEST

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I just went through 3 phones in one month, and 5 in one year... finally upgraded to the Nexus 4 but I think its safe to say I NEED AN OTTERBOX FOR IT. Signing petition right now

opteron7

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
If they don't want to make a difference case for Nexus 4, then it's their loss. No petition necessary.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2