Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Otterbox Petition

This is to petition otterbox to make a case. They keep saying "power to the people". Please sign up if you feel so inclined.

http://www.change.org/petitions/otte...ogle-nexus-4-2
    alvefa and ElJoePR like this.

Default Re: Otterbox Petition

Done, if someone else beats them to making a nice rugged case I will be a buyer. That said I have a ionic guardian ordered but my fiance will need a case for hers.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I am tempted by the ionic guardian but I really want a case with a built in screen protector. Some might think they are careful enough not to need one, but I have a two year old. Enough said.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    bobjohnson201 and mhinc like this.

I signed.
    They just need 91 more

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks guys, up to 83. Getting there, only a few thousand to go to really get their attention...

Am i the only one that doesn't like otterbox? I mean it has great protection but it's ugly as :/. I'm not going to drop the phone any higher than five feet (maybe more if i'm calling) and a normal hard case should protect against that as my hard case has for my ipod forever.

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Even though I don't have the nexus 4 I signed to help you guys out. Hope they make the cases
    Thanked by 3:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I understand that not everyone wants or needs a bulky case but I have A two year old who loves electronics.

Otterbox also has the commuter and reflex series which are each in turn a bit slimmer. But then with the slim form factor you get a lot of options style wise and that is definitely something otterboxes lack, even when colorful or camouflaged.

Of course Otterbox is also going in the other direction with the new armor series. A case for all kinds. Defender is still what one thinks of when you think Otterbox though.

Signed it hope it works out

Thanked by:

I have signed. it says 7 more needed after I signed. I hope they do start making the case for this.
    Thanked by:

I signed, but since otterbox said they weren't even thinking of making a case, I started looking around. I saw the goballisticcase post and read the reviews. I've changed my mind. I think the ballistic case is superior to otterbox. Maybe I'm just one customer. Or maybe otterbox forgot what they're in the business to do.
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by deichenlaub View Post
    I signed, but since otterbox said they weren't even thinking of making a case, I started looking around. I saw the goballisticcase post and read the reviews. I've changed my mind. I think the ballistic case is superior to otterbox. Maybe I'm just one customer. Or maybe otterbox forgot what they're in the business to do.
    For my iPhone 4, I have the Ballistic. Prefer it to the Otterbox I had before. Plan to get it for the wife's Nexus 4.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Unfortunately we need well over 200 to make them take notice. The way change.org works is they make up a goal so it seems you are close. Once you hit it the goal goes up to the next level. It isn't something I or Otterbox set ad a number needed. Right now shows goal as 500. Somewhere between 500-1000 might be needed, or more, to make them notice. Keep up the work guys, Thanks.

I also signed this petition and also let Otterbox know how much i would like to see a case from them for the Nexus 4 by email. Unfortunately the same answer as usual: currently no plans to make a case for the N4.
    For some phones before I used cases from the defender series and was very happy with them. Beside the very good case the holster is pretty good too: the clip is easily detachable and you can screw a standard gooseneck windshield holder to it for use in your car. All buttons and connectors are reachable while it's in holster and it fits perfect!
    No doubt the the N4 with front and back made of glass needs a good case. Probably it's scrath resistant but can be shattered easily! And of course the flat glass makes it slip down from table easily, I saw it already moving with the vibration when theres a callc oming in.
    Thanked by:
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Nearing 600 now. Still drop in the bucket, but getting there.

I've signed but I have a seido active case with kickstand on pre order which I think looks better than otterbox but good ;-)

Thanked by:
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

This just popped up on the interwebs.

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/otterbox-...ack-p37671.htm

dang, thats the case i wanted originally and thats where ive ordered my seidio from i may see if i can change my order as the seidio is still on pre order
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

I would keep my order in. On twitter Otterbox is denying it is theirs and continues to insist they have no plans for either the Nexus 4 or Nexus 10.

Fiddle sticks my order has been cancelled all ready and refund is being processed. I think I'll give it a few weeks and see what's available. Either seido, otterbox or armour!

Otterbox has replied to a post i made on FB showing a link to the pre-order otterbox case saying

" Hi Nigel. Unfortunately, this is untrue. The product they are selling is not an OtterBox and we are looking into the post."

so i it looks as if we need to resound to the fact an otterbox is not going to happen and wait for:
    LG Nexus 4 Ballistic Shell Gel SG Series Case | goballisticcase.com

or

SEIDIO | ACTIVE with Metal Kickstand Case for LG Nexus 4

so im sticking with my cheapo wallet flip style case til they come avaliable

although this one looks interesting, what do you guys think? (im waiting for an answer to see if they ship to uk)
    It may serve as a cheaper alternative?

T-Mobile LG Google Nexus 4 4G E960 Blue on Black Dual Layer Fusion Armor Case | eBay

Well bite the bullet and ordered this
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-LG-Nexus...E:L:OC:GB:3160
    May not be as premium as seido, ballistic or otterbox but it's a sixth of the price :-) let's hope it's okay!

23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

The ONLY bad thing I have seen about that case is a prob with some other generic rubber cases, a bad chemical smell. Washing doesn't do much but I hear leaving in direct sunlight can neutralize the smell some. No personal experience, just what I picked up by forum lurking.

Global Posts
    233 Global Posts

bump.

Give me Otterbox.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I will sign up, you guys need it more than anyone from what I get from the other thread.

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast