Best Car Charger?

havanahjoe

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Which one do you use?

Can the Nexus 4 take advantage of rapid chargers? Will providing more than 1A make a difference? I know I at least need one that provides the proper signal to the phone to charge on AC vs USB.

willdogs

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site

shashankmittal

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
i bought 2 of them, and both micrco usb plug became loose after using them for a couple months. it would fall out with the phone. I personally use this one. plug 2 is 1 amp and charge my phone as fast as my home charger.

Amazon.com: PowerGen Dual USB 3.1A 15w High Output Car Charger for Apple iPad 2, New iPad 3 4, iPhone 5 4s 4 3 3Gs, HTC Samsung Motorola Android Phones (USB Cable NOT included) - white: Kindle Store
Are you sure it was not a fake Motorola charger? There are plenty of fakes everywhere, even on Amazon! I always make sure that if I buy something from Amazon, it is sold and shipped by Amazon (like the one I mentioned).

havanahjoe

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure it was not a fake Motorola charger? There are plenty of fakes everywhere, even on Amazon! I always make sure that if I buy something from Amazon, it is sold and shipped by Amazon (like the one I mentioned).

Yeah that's what I noticed on the reviews and pics. I also always make sure I buy from Amazon, always buy Prime eligible items, so that helps narrow them down.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
yeah, it probably was a fake one. but still i really like my current charger.

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Using the AT&T car charger that I got for my girlfriends HTC One X and it seems to work fine but I don't use it that often.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
+1 on that Moto charger. The size and the blue LED that comes on when it's plugged in are garish, but you get used to it. Make sure it's the OEM one that charges at 950 mah.

shashankmittal

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the Motorola charger from amazon and used it twice with my N4, both times it charged the phone to 100%, but for some weird reason the phone discharged at almost double the rate (battery went down to 5% in less than 20hrs, normally it takes about 30hrs based on my usage). When charged with the supplied LG charger, the phone retains the charge MUCH longer. Has anyone seen this behavior before?
The only difference I can think of is that the Moto charger is 950mA and the LG charger is 1200mA.

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I ordered the Motorola charger from amazon and used it twice with my N4, both times it charged the phone to 100%, but for some weird reason the phone discharged at almost double the rate (battery went down to 5% in less than 20hrs, normally it takes about 30hrs based on my usage). When charged with the supplied LG charger, the phone retains the charge MUCH longer. Has anyone seen this behavior before?
The only difference I can think of is that the Moto charger is 950mA and the LG charger is 1200mA.

I can't possibly see any reason for the type of charger to affect battery performance - the only thing that makes sense is either you are missing something that changed your battery usage or your battery has physically gone bad.

HTCTundaBow

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
This one has pretty good ratings and is OEM: Amazon.com: Motorola Vehicle Power Adapter micro-USB Rapid Rate Charger: Cell Phones & Accessories
Its 950mA, so little less than the bundled LG wall charger, but it will work just fine. A good quality branded charger is really important if you want to protect your investment.

Do not buy this charger. The fitment is off. It's too hard to put in and take out of the N4. The plug is different than what comes with the Nexus. Not all Micro USB's are the same.

shashankmittal

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Do not buy this charger. The fitment is off. It's too hard to put in and take out of the N4. The plug is different than what comes with the Nexus. Not all Micro USB's are the same.
Are you sure yours isn't a fake one? Mine fits perfectly and there are absolutely no issues. The size/spec of microUSB is standardized, but the cheap ones may be a little bit off, so I can understand that they may have issues with fitment.

HTCTundaBow

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure yours isn't a fake one? Mine fits perfectly and there are absolutely no issues. The size/spec of microUSB is standardized, but the cheap ones may be a little bit off, so I can understand that they may have issues with fitment.

I'm not sure exactly how tot ell if it's a fake, but I bought it "sold from Amazon"

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Yeah I have it too - no problems at all.... used it few times.

I bet he has something bent on his plug.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante