Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #51  

Default Re: Nillkin Hard Case for Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by moonister View Post
    I bought the Nillkin case but I have to say I am very disappointed. The case is very sturdy however it's extremely slippery! It completely misses the purpose of having a case. I hardly ever dropped my phone in the past but with this case its dead easy. Also, I doubt very much that the case would protect the phone from an impact its basically a thin piece of hard plastic which would pass on the impact force onto the phone.
    Did you get the rugged back or the clean one? I got the rugged one and it is fine. I don't exactly feel the ruggedness on the back but it is there.
    And yes it won't protect an egg if it was in the case but this is the Nexus 4. It isn't that easy to break so it might be able to not break with four feet or so. My ipod did, multiple times with a hard case but there was metal on the back

I'm considering getting one, if only for the fact it looks nice. But how well, if at all, would that protect, say, the screen, if dropped?

I have personaly dropped the Nexus 4 with the Nillkin hard case from about 2-3 ft on hard floor in a restroom. No damages whatsoever.
    Thanked by:

Btw, I own the one with the rugged back and also the tree textured one with a front cover.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #55  

Quote Originally Posted by cookiesui View Post
    I'm considering getting one, if only for the fact it looks nice. But how well, if at all, would that protect, say, the screen, if dropped?
    really late reply but it protects the screen well. I put the phone face down and looked parallel to the desk and i saw a space of light between the screen and the case. The negative is that the sides are surrounding the phone so you don't get the good feel of the curvey glass (which i love) and it gets stopped.

ROM
    cm 7.2

anybody tried the screen protector?

I got one just for looks. Looks good in white, wouldn't trust it to protect much if the phone was dropped though, top and bottom is left opened.

Btw, does anyone know what the blue film that comes with the case is for?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123