Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By map1978
  • 1 Post By map1978
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts

Default My Clarivue Nexus 4 screen protector (front/back) mini review w/pics

Hey guys and gals, I just wanted to post a quick mini review of the Clarivue screen protectors I received yesterday. I have used there products back in the Nokia N95 days, and figured since there aren't too many screen protectors out there, I'd give them a try again. I did not feel like waiting for Spigen to release front and back SPs. You get 2 front and 2 back protectors. With coupon, it cost less than $15.

I was a little hesitant to put the front on because that N4 glass is buttery smooth. On the other hand, I also didn't want hairline scratches so I slapped the front on too.

First, the screen quality still stays the same and Clarivue has not lost it's touch. Top notch screen protectors like I remembered. As you can see in the pics, it doesn't go to the curve part of the glass. I will tell you this and you can't tell from the pics, you can hardly notice in person. The screen STILL feels buttery smooth, very impressed by that. The sensors are cutout so no worries there. I actually don't mind it going to the curved part because cases might bubble it up for sure. My Diztronic case (check for that review soon) should be here any day now, and believe it will complement the screen protector perfectly.

The back screen protector is simply awesome. You can't even tell there is a protector on the phone. Again, the photos you see pick it up to the extreme. Just wanted to show the detail of the cutouts.

So to wrap up, anyone in the market for front/back SPs, look no further. $15 is better than the OCD people like me who hate scratches on there devices.

Here are the pics, enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Clarivue Nexus 4 screen protector (front/back) mini review w/pics-dsc_0957.jpg   My Clarivue Nexus 4 screen protector (front/back) mini review w/pics-dsc_0962.jpg   My Clarivue Nexus 4 screen protector (front/back) mini review w/pics-dsc_0969.jpg   My Clarivue Nexus 4 screen protector (front/back) mini review w/pics-dsc_0971.jpg   My Clarivue Nexus 4 screen protector (front/back) mini review w/pics-dsc_0974.jpg  

My Clarivue Nexus 4 screen protector (front/back) mini review w/pics-dsc_0975.jpg   My Clarivue Nexus 4 screen protector (front/back) mini review w/pics-dsc_0977.jpg   My Clarivue Nexus 4 screen protector (front/back) mini review w/pics-dsc_0981.jpg  

Default Re: My Clarivue Nexus 4 screen protector (front/back) mini review w/pics

Is that the anti-glare or ultra clear? Also, what coupon are you referring to?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts

Default Re: My Clarivue Nexus 4 screen protector (front/back) mini review w/pics

Quote Originally Posted by minnemike View Post
    Is that the anti-glare or ultra clear? Also, what coupon are you referring to?
    This is the ultra clear version
    Coupon ten2012 gives you 10% off your order
    Thanked by:

That one didn't work for me but "clarivue2012" worked and valid until 12-10.

Thanks for the review. I Have a set of anti-glare on the way. Ill post pics if i remember.

ROM
    KK 4.4.2

Thanks for the review. Were they difficult to apply?

For those wondering, here's a to their Nexus 4 order page.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Coyote View Post
    Thanks for the review. Were they difficult to apply?

For those wondering, here's a to their Nexus 4 order page.
    Thanks man, no they are very easy to apply if you have experience applying screen protectors. The static cling of these SPs are top notch.

After a few days, the clarity is amazing to me.
    Citizen Coyote likes this.

I have the ultra clear.

I found the front protector didn't cover the screen entirely, there is a little open space at the edges. Also, I had a very difficult time getting the air bubbles out. Somehow a small spec of dirt got trapped between the screen and screen protector and I can't get it out. I installed the screen protector immediately after getting the phone and there was no debris on the screen. Also, I find it REALLY attracts fingerprints. Even more so than a naked screen.

Overall not bad, but I would be interested in trying something else for comparison.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

i have the exact same problem, very frustrating, to the point i want to rip this off and trash it. i have a spec of dirt that got caught from the half second i peeled off the OEM cover to applying this one. I also thought there was a back cover, but it appears they are two front covers. very disappointing.

*edit* maybe i was shipped an irregular unit with two fronts and no back covers.

*second edit* I never noticed the option to buy the full set when i ordered. I did not receive an irregular set. These come with 2 front skins, you pay extra for the full set.
    Last edited by m.clizzle; 12-14-2012 at 09:43 AM.

Thanks to your review I ordered my set, should be here soon! I'm actually more concerned with the back than the front, but I'll use both to see how it goes. Thanks!
    The Practical BBQ'r !

Awesome, i'll do a favor and review the nillkin hard case that is going to come soon. Doing a solid for fellow androidcentral members

Quote Originally Posted by mawil1013 View Post
    Thanks to your review I ordered my set, should be here soon! I'm actually more concerned with the back than the front, but I'll use both to see how it goes. Thanks!

Yep - this is the real draw for me - i.e. protecting the back glass. I'll try out the front too though.