Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ragnarokx
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bumper has arrived! Thoughts?

Ok so my Bumper has shown up and i'm just wondering what everyone thinks about theirs? My thoughts are at this early stage that it actually makes the phone harder to grip, obviously it adds a slight size increase but i mean mainly because it completely covers the rubber backgrip bit that already existed on the Nexus 4. Having said that i think i'll probably get used to it but the phone suddenly feels less solid in my hand now thanks to the material used in the bumper. Hows everyone else going with theirs?

Default Re: Bumper has arrived! Thoughts?

I would definitely assume it should feel less solid since it would be designed as a "bumper and absorb the shock from falls and stuff. For me, I think the deal breaker might be the added width. The phone is just right as is. Fits in the pocket well. Any bigger and there's a tipping point I have to think - but hard to say until I actually try it. No way around that.

You have two options. Either be thankful (Like I would be) to have one and to keep your N4 safe. Or sell that thing on eBay for $100!!! Would be a tough decision to make but I'd probably keep mine if I were lucky enough to have one.

Quote Originally Posted by guinnkevinr View Post
    You have two options. Either be thankful (Like I would be) to have one and to keep your N4 safe. Or sell that thing on eBay for $100!!! Would be a tough decision to make but I'd probably keep mine if I were lucky enough to have one.
    Yeah no kidding. Can't believe the prices on eBay. All the extra profit Google is missing from this. I'm willing to pay 50 but not 100

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    1,945 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

Quote Originally Posted by smartphonedude View Post
    Yeah no kidding. Can't believe the prices on eBay. All the extra profit Google is missing from this. I'm willing to pay 50 but not 100

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    I agree about Google. I don't understand what's going on with them.

On the subject of the bumper, it does make the phone wider but it's still ok to hold for me. I overspent for it on ebay but, I made a nice profit on my Iphone 5 so it all works out.

Funny thing, i want the bumper REALLY bad, not enough to take it on the chin on ebay, but bad. I keep throwing money at my monitor and yet ... no bumper? Stupid Google!

I'm starting to get a case of the "screw-it's" (phrase changed to be family friendly) and am thinking about going with the poetic bumper which will come out Dec. 30

EDIT - P.S. I hate everyone that has gotten the official bumper
    [CENTER][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KPSmith/posts"]Follow me on Google +

Quote Originally Posted by KSmithInNY View Post
    Funny thing, i want the bumper REALLY bad, not enough to take it on the chin on ebay, but bad. I keep throwing money at my monitor and yet ... no bumper? Stupid Google!

I'm starting to get a case of the "screw-it's" (phrase changed to be family friendly) and am thinking about going with the poetic bumper which will come out Dec. 30

Well I don't hate you
    Thanked by:
    promanex likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KSmithInNY View Post

It's back in stock.

Well it's the best thing on the market right now. I think it adds grip and it always your phone to be dropped without it breaking. The main plus of the bumper that a normal case doesn't have is that you can still look at the back pattern (whcih is amazing!). I also adds a lot less girth and it's not bad

I ordered my Nexus 4 bumper with my phone. And it seemed like a well built bumper and would do a nice job protecting the phone. I liked the buttons and the silver edge was kinda nice.

What I didn't like was how the lip around the front glass was rather large, even larger than the back. And it felt like the bumper was kinda getting in the way when I wanted to do side swipes from the bezel for things like YouTube and Dolphin.

So I sold mine on eBay.

I got a $10 Ringke Slim case and a $6 Poetic bumper on the way instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravynmagi View Post
    I ordered my Nexus 4 bumper with my phone. And it seemed like a well built bumper and would do a nice job protecting the phone. I liked the buttons and the silver edge was kinda nice.

What I didn't like was how the lip around the front glass was rather large, even larger than the back. And it felt like the bumper was kinda getting in the way when I wanted to do side swipes from the bezel for things like YouTube and Dolphin.

So I sold mine on eBay.

I got a $10 Ringke Slim case and a $6 Poetic bumper on the way instead.
    CHA-CHING, you just got a $60 profit on that bumper probably. That's the one thing I hate about cases though, it restricts the smoothness of sliding your finger but if it doesn't, then it'll probably not be able to protect your ipod from falls on the screen