Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,759 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Default goballisticcase.com

http://www.goballisticcase.com/produ...sg-series-case
    A ballistic gel case is coming soon. For now you can be e-mailed when they come in.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    flipflopp likes this.

Default Re: goballisticcase.com

About time. I'm all over this. I had this case for my Galaxy S2 Epic 4g touch. Adds some bulk but was well worth it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Any ideas if the price will drop? 35$ is pretty pricey. I paid that much for a CaseMate case 2-3 years ago and it ended up cracking the first time i sat on it. Then again a year later as i took the hard shell off.

This case does look awesome though.

how do you think it will compare to an ionic guardian case in protection/durability?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    1,759 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by wahoo25 View Post
    Any ideas if the price will drop? 35$ is pretty pricey. I paid that much for a CaseMate case 2-3 years ago and it ended up cracking the first time i sat on it. Then again a year later as i took the hard shell off.

how do you think it will compare to an ionic guardian case in protection/durability?
    No $34.99 is typical price for cases like this. Otterbox and Seido are priced the same.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I have an Ionic Guardian case on order since Nov 20 before I had the phone. Suppose to be shipped between Dec 4-6. I haven't heard a peep out of the place I ordered from on Amazon. CrazyDigital I think is the place. The Guardian case resembles the Ballistic but I have a Ballistic case for my old phone. The fit was spot on. A rubber inner goes over the phone, then a hard plastic shell snaps over it which has more rubber padding on the outside. I can speak for Ballistic when I say I wouldn't be worried if I dropped my N4 with a Ballistic case. On the other hand, the Guardian looked like a good case for me in the meantime till something better came out. I have had Otterbox also on my Evo 4g. The Ballistic had more protection than the Otter box. As I said in my earlier post, it does add some bulk. At the rate its going I may have a Ballistic case before the Guardian. Who knows.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    1,759 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by wahoo25 View Post

No familiar with that case so I do not know. However the case is on par with otter box commuter and seidio active case. I have had seidio active case for TB and took every drop like a champ. I hoping get balistic case this time around because aesthetic looks better and feels better in the hands. I know this from my friends brand balistic case for his S3.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    1,759 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by flipflopp View Post
    About time. I'm all over this. I had this case for my Galaxy S2 Epic 4g touch. Adds some bulk but was well worth it.

I plan make switch from seido to balistic when I get my N4. The seido I have is durable bit aesthetically did not hold up land think the ballistic will. I love dippled insert on back as well your hands wrap around the plastic rather than rubber which is more secure feeling IMO.

Looks awesome but would be a bit too big for my liking.

I'd rather not go to sites that manufacture those, they sell it a lot more expensive than it should be, I can get on ebay for cheaper ^ ^

This looks pretty much like the perfect case I was looking for. Rugged, but still pocket-able, non slip, and good drop / impact protection. Plus the price isn't totally out of line.

My only real worry is if Qi wireless charging will work through a case this thick. I sent Ballistic an email about that, and I'll post what they say. I hope they test wireless charging before putting these things into production.

NFC communications is also a bit of a worry with cases, but due to this thing being made completely made out of rubber / plastic I don't see if affecting NFC communications all that much.

If I do get my hands on a Nexus 4 and this case I'll try to post a small review on here.

Case looks great, but I've got to have a holster to hold it.