Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default goballisticcase.com

http://www.goballisticcase.com/produ...sg-series-case
    A ballistic gel case is coming soon. For now you can be e-mailed when they come in.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______
    Thanked by:

Default Re: goballisticcase.com

About time. I'm all over this. I had this case for my Galaxy S2 Epic 4g touch. Adds some bulk but was well worth it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Any ideas if the price will drop? 35$ is pretty pricey. I paid that much for a CaseMate case 2-3 years ago and it ended up cracking the first time i sat on it. Then again a year later as i took the hard shell off.

This case does look awesome though.

how do you think it will compare to an ionic guardian case in protection/durability?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by wahoo25 View Post
    Any ideas if the price will drop? 35$ is pretty pricey. I paid that much for a CaseMate case 2-3 years ago and it ended up cracking the first time i sat on it. Then again a year later as i took the hard shell off.

how do you think it will compare to an ionic guardian case in protection/durability?
    No $34.99 is typical price for cases like this. Otterbox and Seido are priced the same.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by bunique4life05; 12-09-2012 at 06:59 PM.
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    ______

I have an Ionic Guardian case on order since Nov 20 before I had the phone. Suppose to be shipped between Dec 4-6. I haven't heard a peep out of the place I ordered from on Amazon. CrazyDigital I think is the place. The Guardian case resembles the Ballistic but I have a Ballistic case for my old phone. The fit was spot on. A rubber inner goes over the phone, then a hard plastic shell snaps over it which has more rubber padding on the outside. I can speak for Ballistic when I say I wouldn't be worried if I dropped my N4 with a Ballistic case. On the other hand, the Guardian looked like a good case for me in the meantime till something better came out. I have had Otterbox also on my Evo 4g. The Ballistic had more protection than the Otter box. As I said in my earlier post, it does add some bulk. At the rate its going I may have a Ballistic case before the Guardian. Who knows.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by wahoo25 View Post

No familiar with that case so I do not know. However the case is on par with otter box commuter and seidio active case. I have had seidio active case for TB and took every drop like a champ. I hoping get balistic case this time around because aesthetic looks better and feels better in the hands. I know this from my friends brand balistic case for his S3.

Solve
    Answer
    ______
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by flipflopp View Post
    About time. I'm all over this. I had this case for my Galaxy S2 Epic 4g touch. Adds some bulk but was well worth it.

I plan make switch from seido to balistic when I get my N4. The seido I have is durable bit aesthetically did not hold up land think the ballistic will. I love dippled insert on back as well your hands wrap around the plastic rather than rubber which is more secure feeling IMO.

Solve
    Answer
    ______

Looks awesome but would be a bit too big for my liking.
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune

I'd rather not go to sites that manufacture those, they sell it a lot more expensive than it should be, I can get on ebay for cheaper ^ ^

This looks pretty much like the perfect case I was looking for. Rugged, but still pocket-able, non slip, and good drop / impact protection. Plus the price isn't totally out of line.

My only real worry is if Qi wireless charging will work through a case this thick. I sent Ballistic an email about that, and I'll post what they say. I hope they test wireless charging before putting these things into production.

NFC communications is also a bit of a worry with cases, but due to this thing being made completely made out of rubber / plastic I don't see if affecting NFC communications all that much.

If I do get my hands on a Nexus 4 and this case I'll try to post a small review on here.

Case looks great, but I've got to have a holster to hold it.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/