Bumper finally back in stock! (12/11/12)

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
What is point of the bumper? The back isn't protected with it, and that's the most fragile area, being made of glass and all.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Bar81

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
What is point of the bumper? The back isn't protected with it, and that's the most fragile area, being made of glass and all.

The point of the bumper is so that you can have some protection from damage regarding the most common drop problems (edge/corner) and still show off the sexy back panel. It is an intentional compromise on the part of Google.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

Actually, it does offer some protection for the back -- it raises the glass above any flat surface upon which you place it, rather than laying it against it, so your rear glass will be less likely to be scratched.

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
The point of the bumper is so that you can have some protection from damage regarding the most common drop problems (edge/corner) and still show off the sexy back panel. It is an intentional compromise on the part of Google.

I see. I'd probably pair it with some Zagg skin on the back, though. That won't provide shock protection, but at least it will provide scratch protection.

davela72

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Received mine yesterday, have mixed feelings about it. It fits nice but I'm not too sure about the chrome strip that goes around the sides. I love the way the bumper fits around the back of the phone, looks very nice. The thing with the chrome strip though is that you lose the soft touch feeling on the sides making it a tad slippery. The power and volume buttons look very nice and work well, no problems there. I'll keep using it for a few days and decide if I'm keeping it or not.

Tacoman667

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Mine makes the sides feel HUGE compared to a naked phone. I am starting to get used to it though but that was my initial impression...

javierlp

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Bumper arrived last night.

It really is sleek looking, although you lose a bit of grip compared to the TPU S type case I had.

Still, this case is legit.

Love it.

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I see. I'd probably pair it with some Zagg skin on the back, though. That won't provide shock protection, but at least it will provide scratch protection.

That's what I did. ZAGG on the front, ZAGG on the back, and Bumper all around :)

It'll be great and it's not like I'm taking this to go hiking or paragliding......I'll wait for Otterbox or Urban Armor Gear for that.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I would have missed it again, I'm happy with mine and glad I got it. At least the prices are coming down on Ebay now, I saw some selling for $50..00. It's still over double the price but half of what it was.

BeverageNinja

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Probably not. I mean it's going to get out of stock right? Dunno, not checking because I don't want it but the orders might get backordered again.

I thought with as long as it took for them to go on sale again that they'd acquire a massive stock pile of the damn things. Enough to cover the phones they already sold and the new ones coming in. I mean, how hard is it to make a rubber bumper? Apparently it's extremely difficult. But I don't know what I was thinking, Google doesn't plan that far ahead when it comes to selling merchandise.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I thought with as long as it took for them to go on sale again that they'd acquire a massive stock pile of the damn things. Enough to cover the phones they already sold and the new ones coming in. I mean, how hard is it to make a rubber bumper? Apparently it's extremely difficult. But I don't know what I was thinking, Google doesn't plan that far ahead when it comes to selling merchandise.

Lol. if it's so hard then why are they selling it for $20? Either it's good material or something or it's just a complete rip off, that's why i got another case.
Well i'd rather have google make phones instead of bumpers :D