screen protector SPIGEN SGP

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I want to buy this one ...

SPIGEN SGP Google Nexus 4 Screen Protector Clear Steinheil [Ultra Oleophobic] [2-PACK] Clear Oil-resistant Film Cover Shield ***Proximity Sensor Cutout*** from Amazon for $ 13.99.

Is it worth it ? Did anybody used it ?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

SPIGEN SGP Google Nexus 4 Screen Protector Clear Steinheil [Ultra Oleophobic] [2-PACK] Clear Oil-resistant Film Cover Shield ***Proximity Sensor Cutout*** from Amazon for $ 13.99.

I had one of these in the past but it wasn't the clear one, it was the anti-glare I think. They make some high quality stuff. It was my favorite protector on my Nexus S.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I've got the crystal clear I'd on my RAZR Maxx and it's awesome. Can't tell it's on there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
SGP and the Zagg HD are the best in the business. However, as there is not a Zagg HD version available at this time, yes, buy the SGP.

They actually just came out with a pack that covers both the front and rear of the Nexus 4, I've ordered mine and I highly recommend buying that one.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I tried to find anti-glare one but i couldn't find one.

I've heard people say they love clear. As far as the one I had, I believe they call it "oleophobic". That one isn't as crystal clear as the "Clear" version, but it keeps fingerprints off and prevents that rainbow effect. It just comes down to personal preference.

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Do we need a protection at the back ? I am planning to have one cover .

SPIGEN SGP Nexus 4 Screen Protector Clear Steinheil [Ultra Crystal Dual] Clear Front and Back Protector [1-SET] Clear Film Cover Shield -- Do you mean this one ?

What is the difference in quality between this and what I am planning ?

NexusOneto4

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I have the dual on mine, ultra clear. Love it, when I first put them on you couldn't even tell they were there. A little bit of fingerprinting but I prefer clear to the anti-glare, oleoph versions. Highly recommend them.

pespule

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
How do you guys feel that it doesn't cover the curved edges? can someone post a picture in good lighting so I can see how much the screen protector actually covers? I might consider getting this one...never used dry screen shields.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It is good quality and everything but it's a bit pricey for a screen protector, I mean $14 is insane. I'm not sure but get an xtreme gaurd, the ones that are on sale for $1 right now. They are said to be pretty good and it's cheap too.

pespule

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
It is good quality and everything but it's a bit pricey for a screen protector, I mean $14 is insane. I'm not sure but get an xtreme gaurd, the ones that are on sale for $1 right now. They are said to be pretty good and it's cheap too.

Well you do get two so it's $7 a piece and they are of higher quality. XtremeGuardz is decent for the price, but the thing is a dirt/lint/fingerprint magnet. And it has a rubbery feel. I installed the damn thing in the bathroom after taking a hot shower (steam removes all dust particles) and after I set it on my table the thing is full of lint/dust on the edges. Even trying to wipe it down with a fresh microfiber cloth just shuffles the lint around.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Well you do get two so it's $7 a piece and they are of higher quality. XtremeGuardz is decent for the price, but the thing is a dirt/lint/fingerprint magnet. And it has a rubbery feel. I installed the damn thing in the bathroom after taking a hot shower (steam removes all dust particles) and after I set it on my table the thing is full of lint/dust on the edges. Even trying to wipe it down with a fresh microfiber cloth just shuffles the lint around.

Huh. Well the site lied to me XD. Well I mean it's still expensive, more expensive than a poetic bumper that can protect your phone too (but not really from scratches but hey gorilla glass II is ing tough)

XxTacticS

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
For the Spigen protector do you have to apply it using a liquid? I've never done that before and I don't want to mess it up. Is it easy to install? Thanks

DogPsyche

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

I'm just awaiting delivery of mine (UK).

Edited today: Definitely not worth it. I had hoped to cover the glass back as well in my dual pack but the cutouts are only for the front screen. Applying is as finicky and difficult as an ordinary protector. Oleophobic finish is good but overall this isn't enough to justify the expense :what:

Sent from my Nexus 4

Last edited:

n3wDaddy77

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I have the dual on mine, ultra clear. Love it, when I first put them on you couldn't even tell they were there. A little bit of fingerprinting but I prefer clear to the anti-glare, oleoph versions. Highly recommend them.

Do you have any pics of the install on your N4? I'm considering the Spigen Dual and the Zagg full body protector.

I've read elsewhere that the Spigen doesn't cover the curved edges of the screen (actually leaves quite a gap) so it's prone to peeling off.

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD