Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: UPDATE: My Ionic Guardian case has arrived!!!

I'm thinking about ordering a screen protector too. I have become used to not having one but I would hate for a little scratch or anything to happen to the screen.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Rbower View Post
    Could you take some pics of the phone and case seperate, just to give people an idea of the thickness it adds? Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails UPDATE: My Ionic Guardian case has arrived!!!-uploadfromtaptalk1355811359357.jpg   UPDATE: My Ionic Guardian case has arrived!!!-uploadfromtaptalk1355811374311.jpg   UPDATE: My Ionic Guardian case has arrived!!!-uploadfromtaptalk1355811385096.jpg   UPDATE: My Ionic Guardian case has arrived!!!-uploadfromtaptalk1355811396980.jpg   UPDATE: My Ionic Guardian case has arrived!!!-uploadfromtaptalk1355811412784.jpg  

UPDATE: My Ionic Guardian case has arrived!!!-uploadfromtaptalk1355811423537.jpg  
    Thanked by:

I want to like this case, but the circles on the back look strange. They remind me of the Star Trek monster that could suck all the salt out of a person's body with suckers on the ends of it's fingers.
    Plano26 and makapav like this.

Quote Originally Posted by deichenlaub View Post
    I want to like this case, but the circles on the back look strange. They remind me of the Star Trek monster that could suck all the salt out of a person's body with suckers on the ends of it's fingers.
    And how does than not ADD to the value of this case?

xdalaw and makapav like this.

It looks from the pictures like if you set the phone on its back, the circles keep the speaker cutout far enough off the table that it'll still be audible. Can someone with this case confirm or deny that? It's really annoying on the 'naked' phone that the speakerphone is useless if you set the phone on its back on a flat surface.

Quote Originally Posted by saeufer View Post
    It looks from the pictures like if you set the phone on its back, the circles keep the speaker cutout far enough off the table that it'll still be audible. Can someone with this case confirm or deny that? It's really annoying on the 'naked' phone that the speakerphone is useless if you set the phone on its back on a flat surface.
    The case does not seal the speaker to a table or smooth surface. I would say it blocks maybe 25% of the sound just because it does leave a very small gap. It is still loud enough with the ringer all the way up while laying on its back.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

I have no complaints about the case so far. Is it made out of silicone, or TPU? It feels like silicone.

Quote Originally Posted by flipflopp View Post
    The case does not seal the speaker to a table or smooth surface. I would say it blocks maybe 25% of the sound just because it does leave a very small gap. It is still loud enough with the ringer all the way up while laying on its back.
    Awesome, thanks! Looks like I'll be getting one of these if I ever see my N4. If I'd have had one a month ago, I might still have an N4, heh.

Still have yet to recieve mine, but for anyone considering this case a different seller has it 200% cheaper on amazon.
    I ordered one last night and will most likely recieve it before the one I ordered a month earlier.

Amazon.com: Exact(TM) Armor Case for Google Nexus 4 Smart Phone Black: Everything Else

I got mine and like it, but I still need something with a holster.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

Do any of you guys have a wireless charger that you could test with this case?

There has been some concern over thicker cases preventing the wireless charging from working, and I wonder if this causes any charging problems.

Got the exact armor case. Ordered yesterday and received today. Seems same as my wife's ionic.

UPDATE: My Ionic Guardian case has arrived!!!-uploadfromtaptalk1356036425914.jpgUPDATE: My Ionic Guardian case has arrived!!!-uploadfromtaptalk1356036435544.jpg

Hey, thanks for posting the pics. Can we get a few more that would show them from direct views of the comparing the side right on top of each other, topside right next to each other, top side by side and topside side by side? I want this case but it looks super bulky and just want to see how much bigger it fits.

Thanks to all - I have been trolling for a while trying to get up to speed and all seem pretty cool.

Global Posts
    4,261 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deichenlaub View Post
    LOL I'm afraid to say I remember that episode...yeah I'm old

How does this case feel on the screen? I really love the screen and how it melts over the sides and don't want to lose that feel. Make sense?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12