UPDATE: Got my Cruzerlite N4 clear and problem...

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
But I haven't opened it yet. I'm liking my Rearth SLIM case a lot to mess with changing it.
Just seeing if anyone has tried theirs and get opinions and possibly pics.

UPDATE: Did get a chance to try and cutout for mic is not lining up. Got suggestion to adjust the case and will try and update.

Last edited:

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Got my Cruzerlite N4 clear case the other day...

I got a Cruzerlite case in white and I'm liking it. For the price you can't beat it. It has a snug fit, adds little bulk, gives a nice grip and looks nice with the Android stamped on it. I actually got it because you posted a link a while back and ordered it because it was so inexpensive. Make no mistake it's a quality product and the people at Cruzerlite are tops at processing orders and shipping. I also have the OEM bumper and like that as well lol. Do you have a link to Rearth Slim so I can check it out? TIA

Burleson90

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

I got mine yesterday and put it on today. I did the green one and love it. Plus you can still see where it says NEXUS on the back

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site

this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Took mine out of box and gosh it is a nice case in clear and imagine how good it looks to see the Nexus back through it. And looks to not add much bulk at all. I'll probably end up trying it soon. It' amazing really to have a couple of decent cases and they cost me only $9 a piece. In the apple world both could have gone $25+ easy.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Finally got a chance to put on the Cruzerlite and unfortunately I am not happy with it.

The fit of the Cruzerlite it very good as far as nice tight fit... more so than my Rearth because of the material it just hugs it so much better... kinda like my Speck on my 4S.
And the Clear looks great with the Android logo on the back and you get to see the back glass thru the clear. And it only adds a little more bulk to the phone.
I was actually going to keep it on instead of go back to the Rearth because of the nice snug fit and look... And side texture of case gives it a really nice grip.
But checking all the cutouts, I see that the cut out for the bottom mic is not aligned. the hole the mike hole is almost completely covered. Not good.

Last edited:

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

Hey donm527, can you take a pic of the cutout over the mic? Have you tried making a call? Does the other person notice voice quality issues?

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: UPDATE: Got my Cruzerlite N4 clear and NOT happy

Tried but I couldn't get a clear shot. Basically the hole is off and the mic it barely showing at the corner of the cutout. Didn't try call cause its just unacceptable while all the other cutouts are good. Sent them an email... We'll see. Rearth was awesome when they sent me the 1st gen case and shipped a second ASAP.

SOLGarion

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

Got this on Twitter when I asked about the cut outs. I responded and told them all the other cut outs are good but the mic isn't lined up right.

@Nexus4Cases the gloss can stick to the back. It can take a little adjustment to line them up on this case.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for asking and letting me know. I guess I can see the material being rubbery enough to try and adjust... I'll give it a try when I get a chance.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Yeah the one on my gs3 I just had to take off and align it properly and then bam perfect cutouts. Good luck!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Update: I went ahead and followed suggestion and removed and readjusted and that did help in that the mic holes are not covered... not centered but at least the hole is not completely covered.
I really like the fit... I do like the thinness of the Rearth but this hugs so well without being too much thicker that I am going to run with this for a bit.

It did actually lift my zaggs cover off the screen at the some edges because the zaggs is so precisely fitted to the edges and the cruzerlite does just fit over the edge of the glass. I was kinda peeved on that and thought it ruined my protector but i sprayed some of the zaggs liquid and resqueegied it back into place then carefully put the cover back on making sure the lip went over the zaggs and looks good. hopefully it wont lift it off again.

SOLGarion

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a Qi charger? Trying to get confirmation on what cases will charge through.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
sorry i dont. was considering buying one and actually stop by verizons because i like those models to see if by chance pick one up but never any.

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Amazon has them now, so I just ordered mine in red and it will arrive tomorrow. Can't wait!

Edited to add that the case is on and I love it!! All the holes line up perfectly. Now the phone doesn't slide off of everything I set it on. The only thing I don't love are the "suction" marks on the back where the clear part adheres to the glass. Makes it look wet in there.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781