Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Seidio Surface case images are up

    Click link for the images:
    SEIDIO | SURFACE with Metal Kickstand Case for LG Nexus 4

    Not cheap. I still don't get why they sell the surface for the same cost as their hybrid Active case.
    Either way, still awaiting patiently for the Otterbox..
    Thanked by:
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Seidio Surface case images are up

    I just want to give a heads up to anyone wanting to buy their "surface" case. It's a 2-piece case that slides on from the top and bottom. If there is sand or dirt on your device, or inside the case when you slide it on or off, it will scratch your phone. I'd wait for the "Active" case
  3. #3  
    TheNDChief's Avatar

    Posts
    28 Posts
    ROM
    4.2.1.

    Default Re: Seidio Surface case images are up

    Its SO nice to see name brand cases start to roll out for the nexus. Bye bye hard earned cash.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  4. #4  
    Sweet Pikake's Avatar

    Posts
    151 Posts
    ROM
    OEM

    Default Re: Seidio Surface case images are up

    Quote Originally Posted by Amiroquai View Post
    Click link for the images:
    SEIDIO | SURFACE with Metal Kickstand Case for LG Nexus 4

    Not cheap. I still don't get why they sell the surface for the same cost as their hybrid Active case.
    Either way, still awaiting patiently for the Otterbox..
    I'm hoping that by the time Otterbox Defender case comes out, my device would still be in pristine condition (I highly doubted). From what I gather, Otterbox seems not interested in producing such a case. Wonder if there is some sort of litigation or licensing agreements that needs to be addressed first. I emailed Trident case and not pruducing one in the near future. Sad but they could be making lots of dough with the amount of Nexus 4 out already. IDK if ballistic case has one coming soon. I'll chk.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Seidio Surface case images are up

    I don't understand why your phone wouldn't be in pristine condition... Just get a decent $10 case likes a Rearth or Cruzerlite in the meantime and you're phone will be pristine... With the cruzerlite you might even not want to go otterbox unless you are in an environment where you are constantly putting your phone under hard conditions. For me coming from iPhones and $30+ cases, $10-12 is nothing for decent quality cases.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Pikake View Post
    I'm hoping that by the time Otterbox Defender case comes out, my device would still be in pristine condition (I highly doubted). From what I gather, Otterbox seems not interested in producing such a case. Wonder if there is some sort of litigation or licensing agreements that needs to be addressed first. I emailed Trident case and not pruducing one in the near future. Sad but they could be making lots of dough with the amount of Nexus 4 out already. IDK if ballistic case has one coming soon. I'll chk.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Seidio Surface case images are up

    I'm just hoping the kickstand doesn't interfere with inductive charging.
  7. #7  
    Sweet Pikake's Avatar

    Posts
    151 Posts
    ROM
    OEM

    Default Re: Seidio Surface case images are up

    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    I don't understand why your phone wouldn't be in pristine condition... Just get a decent $10 case likes a Rearth or Cruzerlite in the meantime and you're phone will be pristine... With the cruzerlite you might even not want to go otterbox unless you are in an environment where you are constantly putting your phone under hard conditions. For me coming from iPhones and $30+ cases, $10-12 is nothing for decent quality cases.
    Thanks for your input, I bought a Nillkin back cover and it came with screen protector but it keeps lifting up even though the case lip is far from the edges of the protector. With Otterbox Defender, screen protector is not needed. I hope this is only happening to me.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Seidio Surface case images are up

    Quote Originally Posted by HTCTundaBow View Post
    I just want to give a heads up to anyone wanting to buy their "surface" case. It's a 2-piece case that slides on from the top and bottom. If there is sand or dirt on your device, or inside the case when you slide it on or off, it will scratch your phone. I'd wait for the "Active" case
    I've had a surface case for my last two phones and loved them. No need to worry about scratching up you phone unless you take off your case everyday lol. I would only remove my surface case maybe a couple times a year if anything. It fits snug and protects very well. Cant wait!
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Seidio Surface case images are up

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Pikake View Post
    I'm hoping that by the time Otterbox Defender case comes out, my device would still be in pristine condition (I highly doubted). From what I gather, Otterbox seems not interested in producing such a case. Wonder if there is some sort of litigation or licensing agreements that needs to be addressed first. I emailed Trident case and not pruducing one in the near future. Sad but they could be making lots of dough with the amount of Nexus 4 out already. IDK if ballistic case has one coming soon. I'll chk.
    I don't think we're going to see an OtterBox, but the Siedio Active is almost identical to it.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
  10. #10  
    Sweet Pikake's Avatar

    Posts
    151 Posts
    ROM
    OEM

    Default Re: Seidio Surface case images are up

    Quote Originally Posted by greydarrah View Post
    I don't think we're going to see an OtterBox, but the Siedio Active is almost identical to it.
    Thank, I'll look into it.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Seidio Surface case images are up

    I've always just bought the Spring-Clip Holster from Seidio, as I love keeping a naked device. But they don't seem to show one for the Nexus 4 as of yet.

    I remember when I got my Galaxy Nexus, I had to send a few emails to Seidio before they actually put the product out. I have done the same for the Nexus 4, but am still awaiting a response.

    I hate having to keep my phone in my pocket!
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Seidio Surface case images are up

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Pikake View Post
    IDK if ballistic case has one coming soon. I'll chk.
    Yes.

    http://www.goballisticcase.com/colle...sg-series-case

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  13. #13  
    kide#WN's Avatar

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

    Default Re: Seidio Surface case images are up

    Seidio Surface case is shipping now.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Seidio Surface case images are up

    When will we see the Spring Clip Holster for the naked Nexus 4 lovers?
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Seidio Surface case images are up

    Waiting on reports of how the surface works with Qi chargers before I buy...
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: Seidio Surface case images are up

    Seidio Active case images are also up now.
  17. #17  
    kide#WN's Avatar

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

    Default Re: Seidio Surface case images are up

    Quote Originally Posted by kjmitch View Post
    Waiting on reports of how the surface works with Qi chargers before I buy...
    Yep. Could be a problem with metal stand.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Seidio Surface case images are up

    Quote Originally Posted by kjmitch View Post
    Waiting on reports of how the surface works with Qi chargers before I buy...
    Confirmed working with the WCP-700 Qi charger. Although the "target" charging area seems to have shrunk now that there's a big bulky case on it.

    Given that the Seidio Surface is on the thicker side of cases for the Nexus 4, it could be good news for those of you considering cases from other providers.

Similar Threads

  1. Seidio Surface Case Review
    By Tarpit_Carnivore in forum Incredible 2 Accessories
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-27-2011, 01:02 AM
  2. Coming Soon! My Seidio Surface Case Review!
    By AndroidXTC in forum Verizon Droid Charge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-06-2011, 03:44 PM
  3. Seidio Surface case and cradle poor fit
    By DrAndroid in forum HTC EVO 3D Accessories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-01-2011, 06:26 PM
  4. Seidio Surface case fit the Samsung Vehicle Mount for Epic 4G?
    By kgilbertsen in forum Epic 4G Accessories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-03-2011, 10:30 PM
  5. Otterbox case pics are up!!!
    By rdandy5875 in forum EVO Accessories
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 09-26-2010, 08:14 PM

Posting Permissions