Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default XtremeGuard Screen Protector

    Just got my Nexus 4. Had the screen protectors waiting and decided first thing id do before using the device was to protect it. First time using wet application SP... was really unhappy with it so I kept peeling it off and did if like 5 times. Any chance I may have ruined the phone with the water? I'm waiting the recommened 24 hours before turning it on.

    Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Android Central Forums
  2. #2  
    VertigoM's Avatar

    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

    Default Re: XtremeGuard Screen Protector

    Quote Originally Posted by Karrott9 View Post
    Just got my Nexus 4. Had the screen protectors waiting and decided first thing id do before using the device was to protect it. First time using wet application SP... was really unhappy with it so I keot peeling it off and did if like 5 times. Any chance I may have ruined the phone with the water? I'm waiting the recommened 24 hours before turning it in.

    Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Android Central Forums
    As long as you didn't get too much water in the ear piece or speaker areas you should be fine.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: XtremeGuard Screen Protector

    I have the Skinomi Tech Skin on mine as I did for my last phone. As long as you wiped excess liquid from the edges as you worked it out from the center using a credit card, you'll also likely see small bubbles that will work themselves completely out within a few days of usage. You're going to barely notice its there. Enjoy.
    ~~~SANDSTONE BLACK 64GB ONEPLUS ONE~~~
    ~~~WHITE 32GB NEXUS 5~~~
  4. #4  

    Default Re: XtremeGuard Screen Protector

    I have the xtremeguard and i never used water it still went on well and they fit perfect i'll see if i can find the pics from the other thread

    EDIT:

    Just received my screen protector today and couldn't be bothered using soapy water did it within seconds. I think I done a good job Woop
    Attachment 55134
    Attachment 55135
    Attachment 55136

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  5. #5  

    Default Re: XtremeGuard Screen Protector

    the xtremegaurd isn't that good i think because it doesn't have a cut out for the proximity sensor and that creates some problems.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: XtremeGuard Screen Protector

    Quote Originally Posted by Hubertsng View Post
    the xtremegaurd isn't that good i think because it doesn't have a cut out for the proximity sensor and that creates some problems.
    That's inaccurate, the updated screen protector has the cut out for the proximity sensor.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: XtremeGuard Screen Protector

    Quote Originally Posted by Hubertsng View Post
    the xtremegaurd isn't that good i think because it doesn't have a cut out for the proximity sensor and that creates some problems.
    That was the early batch they have all the necessary cut outs now, mine came with cut outs

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: XtremeGuard Screen Protector

    Quote Originally Posted by andr0idralphie View Post
    I have the Skinomi Tech Skin on mine as I did for my last phone. As long as you wiped excess liquid from the edges as you worked it out from the center using a credit card, you'll also likely see small bubbles that will work themselves completely out within a few days of usage. You're going to barely notice its there. Enjoy.
    I wiped around it after I used the card the squeegee it out. Not while doing it. I'm afraid since I did it 5 times.

    Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Android Central Forums
  9. #9  

    Default Re: XtremeGuard Screen Protector

    Quote Originally Posted by AbuYazeedUK View Post
    That was the early batch they have all the necessary cut outs now, mine came with cut outs

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    I got a free replacement and it is fine.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: XtremeGuard Screen Protector

    Quote Originally Posted by AbuYazeedUK View Post
    That was the early batch they have all the necessary cut outs now, mine came with cut outs

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    ah okay neat. I have so many notifications because i spend all my time on my Nexus 4 lol.
  11. #11  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,265 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: XtremeGuard Screen Protector

    Quote Originally Posted by AbuYazeedUK View Post
    I have the xtremeguard and i never used water it still went on well and they fit perfect i'll see if i can find the pics from the other thread

    EDIT:

    Just received my screen protector today and couldn't be bothered using soapy water did it within seconds. I think I done a good job Woop

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    How does it feel compared to the stock glass? I just love how smooth it is that I am reluctant to cover it.



    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  12. #12  

    Default Re: XtremeGuard Screen Protector

    Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    How does it feel compared to the stock glass? I just love how smooth it is that I am reluctant to cover it.
    It will totally change how the glass feels. It is a little tacky (it does get better over time) and will take away the smoothness. I took the front protector off, but I LOVE this protector for the back because you can barely tell it is there and it provides a nice grip so the phone doesn't slide around all the time.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: XtremeGuard Screen Protector

    Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    How does it feel compared to the stock glass? I just love how smooth it is that I am reluctant to cover it.



    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Sorry i didn't reply earlier. I had the stock protector on so i don't know how smooth the screen is but when i put the xtremeguard protector on it wasn't as smooth as the stock protector but now it's been on for a while it's definitely got smoother. I've never actually felt the screen naked.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Similar Threads

  1. Xtremeguard Screen Protector Review
    By Cyrene in forum HTC EVO 4G LTE
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-11-2012, 06:25 PM
  2. 75% off XtremeGuard screen and/or full body protectors
    By Etrain31 in forum AT&T Galaxy S3
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-08-2012, 11:56 AM
  3. XtremeGuard > InvisibleShield screen protectors
    By 916x10 in forum AT&T ATRIX 2
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-12-2011, 04:31 PM
  4. XtremeGuard Screen protectors for Nexus, $1
    By jimmycinla in forum Sprint Nexus S 4G Accessories
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-06-2011, 03:56 PM
  5. Screen protector or flip case for Sprint Hero?
    By dornier in forum HTC Hero
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-04-2010, 09:24 PM

Posting Permissions