Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default XtremeGuard Screen Protector

Just got my Nexus 4. Had the screen protectors waiting and decided first thing id do before using the device was to protect it. First time using wet application SP... was really unhappy with it so I kept peeling it off and did if like 5 times. Any chance I may have ruined the phone with the water? I'm waiting the recommened 24 hours before turning it on.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Default Re: XtremeGuard Screen Protector

Quote Originally Posted by Karrott9 View Post
    Just got my Nexus 4. Had the screen protectors waiting and decided first thing id do before using the device was to protect it. First time using wet application SP... was really unhappy with it so I keot peeling it off and did if like 5 times. Any chance I may have ruined the phone with the water? I'm waiting the recommened 24 hours before turning it in.

As long as you didn't get too much water in the ear piece or speaker areas you should be fine.

I have the Skinomi Tech Skin on mine as I did for my last phone. As long as you wiped excess liquid from the edges as you worked it out from the center using a credit card, you'll also likely see small bubbles that will work themselves completely out within a few days of usage. You're going to barely notice its there. Enjoy.
    ~~~SANDSTONE BLACK 64GB ONEPLUS ONE~~~
    ~~~WHITE 32GB NEXUS 5~~~

I have the xtremeguard and i never used water it still went on well and they fit perfect i'll see if i can find the pics from the other thread

EDIT:

Just received my screen protector today and couldn't be bothered using soapy water did it within seconds. I think I done a good job Woop
    Attachment 55134
    Attachment 55135
    Attachment 55136

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

the xtremegaurd isn't that good i think because it doesn't have a cut out for the proximity sensor and that creates some problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubertsng View Post
    the xtremegaurd isn't that good i think because it doesn't have a cut out for the proximity sensor and that creates some problems.
    That's inaccurate, the updated screen protector has the cut out for the proximity sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubertsng View Post
    That was the early batch they have all the necessary cut outs now, mine came with cut outs

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by andr0idralphie View Post
    I have the Skinomi Tech Skin on mine as I did for my last phone. As long as you wiped excess liquid from the edges as you worked it out from the center using a credit card, you'll also likely see small bubbles that will work themselves completely out within a few days of usage. You're going to barely notice its there. Enjoy.
    I wiped around it after I used the card the squeegee it out. Not while doing it. I'm afraid since I did it 5 times.

Quote Originally Posted by AbuYazeedUK View Post
    That was the early batch they have all the necessary cut outs now, mine came with cut outs

I got a free replacement and it is fine.

ah okay neat. I have so many notifications because i spend all my time on my Nexus 4 lol.

Global Posts
    3,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

I have the xtremeguard and i never used water it still went on well and they fit perfect i'll see if i can find the pics from the other thread

EDIT:

Just received my screen protector today and couldn't be bothered using soapy water did it within seconds. I think I done a good job Woop

How does it feel compared to the stock glass? I just love how smooth it is that I am reluctant to cover it.

Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    How does it feel compared to the stock glass? I just love how smooth it is that I am reluctant to cover it.
    It will totally change how the glass feels. It is a little tacky (it does get better over time) and will take away the smoothness. I took the front protector off, but I LOVE this protector for the back because you can barely tell it is there and it provides a nice grip so the phone doesn't slide around all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post

Sorry i didn't reply earlier. I had the stock protector on so i don't know how smooth the screen is but when i put the xtremeguard protector on it wasn't as smooth as the stock protector but now it's been on for a while it's definitely got smoother. I've never actually felt the screen naked.