Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Lanhoj
  • 1 Post By Lanhoj
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry My Invisible Nexus 4.

My Invisible Nexus 4. So Good, Its ******* Non Existent. lol.

Yes this is another rage thread on the fact I haven't received my sexy black slab of glass haha, seriously I'm getting withdrawal from having to wait.

I called Google, they said 2 Weeks for the next shipment. Tell me your story brothers. Or gloat if you have one either way.

This is what I'm rocking whilst I wait.

Default Re: My Invisible Nexus 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Firespasm View Post
    My Invisible Nexus 4. So Good, Its ******* Non Existent. lol.

Yes this is another rage thread on the fact I haven't received my sexy black slab of glass haha, seriously I'm getting withdrawal from having to wait.

I called Google, they said 2 Weeks for the next shipment. Tell me your story brothers. Or gloat if you have one either way.

This is what I'm rocking whilst I wait.
    http://images-shop.vodafone.co.uk/es...5-slide-g3.png
    Why is this in the accessories? Lol...well you did have a specified time to recieve, cant complain that much

Sent from my Nexus 4 (you jealous? :P)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Wink Re: My Invisible Nexus 4.

I actually just realised this is in accessories... Damn It! lol Damn it all to hell. How do I move it?

Well I bought mine off a company called Affordablemobiles.co.uk whilst eating a chocolate cookie so I didn't pay too much attention to jazz going off on the screen as I pressed complete transaction. Good cookie though.

I emailed them this morning and they say im now on Three... cant give me a date my phone will be despatched as they don't know when stock will be coming in. Not even an estimate.

Go figure...and yes I'm jealous... I may hunt you. lol

Is it a nice phone, any problems so far? This will be my first android.

It's a great phone, especially for the price.
    I had to wait 5 weeks but was worth it.

What helped you decide to switch to Android?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

That's good to hear, I think it looks awesome.

I switched because I wanted to try something other than Apple, and the price... I had an Iphone 4 and it got stolen by some Mexican dude on the train to Waterloo Station (London) and I didn't have it insured so I ended up with the piece of crap above.

Iphone 5 isn't really doing it for me I guess. Plus where I work there's a big tech crowd and they say Android is the way of the Jedi.

Plus wireless charging. At the moment I'm so confused with Jelly beans and Ice cream Sandwiches I think I have a lot to learn. haha

Am I the only one who wanted to see a picture of the invisible N4? Photo shop of a cable floating above the table as if plugged into an invisible device, or a video or "demo" of the wonder woman suited device, or even an empty case would have made me laugh. Just another complaint thread.

Nothing wrong with that, just hoping for a bad joke. So much wasted potential. Le sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Firespasm View Post
    That's good to hear, I think it looks awesome.

I switched because I wanted to try something other than Apple, and the price... I had an Iphone 4 and it got stolen by some Mexican dude on the train to Waterloo Station (London) and I didn't have it insured so I ended up with the piece of crap above.

Iphone 5 isn't really doing it for me I guess. Plus where I work there's a big tech crowd and they say Android is the way of the Jedi.

Plus wireless charging. At the moment I'm so confused with Jelly beans and Ice cream Sandwiches I think I have a lot to learn. haha
    How do you know it was a Mexican dude who stole it? Did he take pics of himself and upload them to your account to taunt you? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by minnemike View Post
    How do you know it was a Mexican dude who stole it? Did he take pics of himself and upload them to your account to taunt you? LOL
    I got my stolen device back thanks to PhoneLocator Pro.

Here's what happened-
    He Factory Reset my device (but it was rooted so it survived) & swapped out my SIM which automatically triggered:
    -GPS
    -sent me a pic of him using the front camera
    -sent me his cell #
    -sent me a recording of audio from his surroundings

So I then went to the lobby of the building & when I saw him:
    -locked him out
    -put a message on-screen
    -forced it to ring at full volume the "Dancing Hamsters" song

As he fumbled through his bag to shut off the ringtone I approached him & politely retrieved my property!

He seemed baffled I was able to do that, especially get his picture...he clearly underestimated the power of Android!

Best 5$ ever spent!
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=com.rvo.plpro

Last edited by Lanhoj; 01-14-2013 at 09:53 PM.
    minnemike and Firespasm like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanhoj View Post
    I got my stolen device back thanks to PhoneLocator Pro.

Here's what happened-
    He Factory Reset my device (but it was rooted so it survived) & swapped out my SIM which automatically triggered:
    -GPS
    -sent me a pic of him using the front camera
    -sent me his cell #
    -sent me a recording of audio from his surroundings

So I then went to the lobby of the building & when I saw him:
    -locked him out
    -put a message on-screen
    -forced it to ring at full volume the "Dancing Hamsters" song

As he fumbled through his bag to shut off the ringtone I approached him & politely retrieved my property!

He seemed baffled I was able to do that, especially get his picture...he clearly underestimated the power of Android!

Best 5$ ever spent!
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=com.rvo.plpro

That was a story..
    Definitely best five bucks ever spent, I can't really imagine you going after him like some sort of a spy or something lol

Quote Originally Posted by CrazCruz View Post
    That was a story..
    Definitely best five bucks ever spent, I can't really imagine you going after him like some sort of a spy or something lol
    I had just got it like 2wks earlier & went through the trouble of ditching the Canadian variant of Android for the US one & it was brand new so I wasn't letting them get away with that!
    I would've brought my friends but his picture was some scrawny little South East Asian guy so I wasn't worried.
    I basically asked if he wanted to cause a scene in his job's lobby & told him I had his picture, voice, phone # and SIM details...it's not like I met him in a dark alley, LoL. We were both in suits. Definitely felt spy-ish afterwards though, was awesome!

Last edited by Lanhoj; 01-14-2013 at 11:36 PM.
    Firespasm likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I found out that I can knock people off WiFi hotspots if I Root my phone today. Android 1 Apple 0.

Just got an email reply from the company I purchased the phone from. Yet again no estimate or time frame regarding my dog damn SEXUS 4.

Found this website for disgruntled NEXUS 4 fans

https://sites.google.com/site/nexus4cr/the-letter