Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Seidio now has their Active case on sale.

    Pretty similar to the OtterBox Defender case/holster. It shows now shipping as of today.

    SEIDIO | ACTIVE with Metal Kickstand Case & Holster Combo for LG Nexus 4
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Seidio now has their Active case on sale.

    That price? No way!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Seidio now has their Active case on sale.

    It's the same price it's always been, and the same as OtterBox for that matter. The major protection cases always seem to be in this price range. If it's too high though, just stick with the $9 cases from amazon...any case is better than none. I've got too much crap in my pockets to fit a phone, so I've got to have a holster, which the Seidio can be ordered with. A great quality, secure holster is worth as much to me as the case itself.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Seidio now has their Active case on sale.

    I think you are probably right, I wouldn't mind paying 60 for a case it's just that I haven't seen anything that I really like, all cases cover the magnificent back of the phone
  5. #5  
    MerkurMan's Avatar

    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

    Default Re: Seidio now has their Active case on sale.

    It's expensive, but it looks to be worth it. I've never owned a Seidio case, but I'm confident that it's a quality piece.

    My only concern is that it appears to cover part of the speaker grille.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Seidio now has their Active case on sale.

    Quote Originally Posted by MerkurMan View Post
    My only concern is that it appears to cover part of the speaker grille.
    I just got mine today, and the speaker cutout is slightly smaller, so your phone may not function as well when used as a boom box, but otherwise, I notice no loss of sound.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Seidio now has their Active case on sale.

    Quote Originally Posted by greydarrah View Post
    I just got mine today, and the speaker cutout is slightly smaller, so your phone may not function as well when used as a boom box, but otherwise, I notice no loss of sound.
    Any chance of a mini review of the seido case, what are your thoughts about it and what colour is it?
    im not sure whether to order it or wait for the balistic case which is supposed to be shipping at the end of the month?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Seidio now has their Active case on sale.

    Quote Originally Posted by nigeljennings View Post
    Any chance of a mini review of the seido case, what are your thoughts about it and what colour is it?
    im not sure whether to order it or wait for the balistic case which is supposed to be shipping at the end of the month?
    I'm short on time at the moment, so I can't take/upload pictures, but it looks exactly like it does on Seidio's web site anyway. The form and fit are perfect. Like the OtterBox defender, it's bigger than most of the minimalist cases, but not in any way ridiculously big. Drop protection seems like it would be awesome, but I'm trying hard not to test that part out. It has a rubber cover that fits snugly over the outside of the phone, and a hard plastic cover that snaps on over that. All the cut outs are a perfect fit, except for the lower back speaker. It's maybe an 1/8 inch shorter than the speaker itself. Listening to music with and without the case on, I can tell no difference, so I don't consider this a problem in any way. The protection level, size and feel of the case is pretty much identical to the Ionic Ballistic case that I had, and if I didn't have a dire need of a holster, I would have just stuck with that (especially for around $10). But, I have to have a holster...can't stand to carry my phone in the pocket, which all to often ends up being in your lap when in the car or at a restaurant, which also means that it often times ends up on the ground when you stand up. The holster from Seidio is top notch and really seals the deal for me. Personally, for what I need, I give it a 10 out of 10.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Seidio now has their Active case on sale.

    Thanks for the review but I've since seen reviews of the active for other models where people complain about colour fading on plastic and rubber also where the plastic clips the rubber its prone to ripping the rubber. After seeing the ballistic sg drop tests especially how the reinforced corners add protection, I'm gonna stick with my wallet case till the ballistic sg ships at the end of the month. Shame though cos I like the seido active colours and kickstand. Thanks again for the mini review :-)

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: Seidio now has their Active case on sale.

    Quote Originally Posted by nigeljennings View Post
    Thanks for the review but I've since seen reviews of the active for other models where people complain about colour fading on plastic and rubber also where the plastic clips the rubber its prone to ripping the rubber. After seeing the ballistic sg drop tests especially how the reinforced corners add protection, I'm gonna stick with my wallet case till the ballistic sg ships at the end of the month. Shame though cos I like the seido active colours and kickstand. Thanks again for the mini review :-)

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Looks like they may have a holster for it. If so, I'll get that one too. The protection looks pretty awesome.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Seidio now has their Active case on sale.

    Quote Originally Posted by greydarrah View Post
    It's the same price it's always been, and the same as OtterBox for that matter. The major protection cases always seem to be in this price range. If it's too high though, just stick with the $9 cases from amazon...any case is better than none. I've got too much crap in my pockets to fit a phone, so I've got to have a holster, which the Seidio can be ordered with. A great quality, secure holster is worth as much to me as the case itself.
    The description doesn't mention a built-in screen protector.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: Seidio now has their Active case on sale.

    Quote Originally Posted by FreakyLocz14 View Post
    The description doesn't mention a built-in screen protector.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    It doesn't have one. I've never used a screen protector on any phone I've owned and never had a scratch either. That's the advantage of having a holster...not keeping your phone in your pocket keeps it free of scratches.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Seidio now has their Active case on sale.

    Quote Originally Posted by greydarrah View Post
    It doesn't have one. I've never used a screen protector on any phone I've owned and never had a scratch either. That's the advantage of having a holster...not keeping your phone in your pocket keeps it free of scratches.
    I scratched the display of my old Samsung EPIC 4G (which has Gorilla Glass) because I unknowingly had sand in my pocket.

    The last holster that I owned was always falling off, but I gather that was because I bought a cheap holster.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Seidio now has their Active case on sale.

    I bought the surface combo which is the case and holster I have bought for each of my phones going back to the Curve 8300! Not as bulky as the active, but good grip and protection and of course it protects that glass back.

    I received it today! I bought it here on AC at a good discount over Seidio's website. I had not even taken the back plastic off my phone yet. I did today and the back is beautiful and then the case went on! I am not a phone to pocket man so I love the holster.
    Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8, iPad Air 2
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Seidio now has their Active case on sale.

    For those who have the Seidio active case and want to use their wireless charger? The issue is the metal kickstand which may or may not work with the Orb but I would not use it on my charging mat. I have the surface with metal kickstand. I bought the Acase superleggera pro case for $15 and it is similar to the seidio active and it works fine with my charging mat. I missed the holster so I asked a buddy (who has the active combo) to let me see if the Acase fit in the seidio active holster and guess what? It fits! It's a tiny bit tighter on the sides but still slides in and out pretty easily and the spring loaded clip works fine.

    For those in this situation you may just want to spring for the case for 15 if you wirelessly charge.

    Amazon.com: Acase Superleggera Pro Hybrid dual layer Case for LG Google Nexus 4 (Nexus 4, Black): Cell Phones & Accessories
    Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8, iPad Air 2
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Seidio now has their Active case on sale.

    Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    For those who have the Seidio active case and want to use their wireless charger? The issue is the metal kickstand which may or may not work with the Orb but I would not use it on my charging mat. snip
    Per Seidio: "ACTIVE with Metal Kickstand is tested to be compatible with official Google Nexus 4 Wireless Charge."
    The Practical BBQ'r !
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Seidio now has their Active case on sale.

    Talking about a mat type charger not the orb. I suspect the metal kickstand would get quite warm and with my luck, crack the glass or something.


    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317
    Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8, iPad Air 2

Similar Threads

  1. Yeeso Samsung Galaxy s3 4300 Mah extended battery and tpu case on sale for 12$
    By Soundtrack to Chaos in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-14-2012, 04:22 PM
  2. Seidio Active Case now available
    By ChuckG73 in forum Google Nexus 7 (2012) Accessories
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-22-2012, 11:37 AM
  3. Remarks on Seidio Active case?
    By learntall in forum HTC EVO 4G LTE
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-15-2012, 11:06 AM
  4. Has anyone had issues with the seidio active case holster?
    By MannyZ28 in forum EVO Accessories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-02-2010, 12:11 AM
  5. ATTENTION SEIDIO: We want our 4g cases on the 4th!!!!!
    By eyecon82 in forum EVO Accessories
    Replies: 136
    Last Post: 06-13-2010, 11:02 PM

Posting Permissions