View Poll Results: Are you casing your nexus 4?

Voters
237. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I need to protect the glass.

136 57.38%
  • No. I'm a risk taker.

59 24.89%
  • I'm just using a bumper.

42 17.72%
10-12-2015 06:23 AM
127 1234 ...
tools
    Cool case.I am planning to buy a Nexus 4 and I just want the case like this.
    From Amazon UK. Lots of people selling them.

Rich

Sent from my Nexus 4
    01-22-2013 07:04 AM
    I have a shell case from Rearth (Amazon.com: [SF Matte Navy] -Rearth Ringke SLIM for LG Google Nexus 4 Soft Feeling Premium Hard Case - ECO Package[Revised Version]: Cell Phones & Accessories). It's super thin and light and protects the back and raises the front 1mm off the table top.
    01-22-2013 09:15 AM
    I'm naked!

But I do own two cases... I just rarely use them, lol. A Poetic bumper and a TPU case. I like the bumper the best... when I actually use it.

I'm naked 99.5% of the time.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Do I use protection or go naked? It feels so goood with out, but there are serious dangers to going without. The eternal question of men.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    bobjohnson201 likes this.
    01-22-2013 09:16 AM
    Currently mine is in a 50p phone sock (Which looks like this: Kolay Grey Sock Cover For LG Google Nexus 4: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics ) And I have to say I expected it to be a lot worse than it is for the price, I cant stand to cover my beautiful smooth glass with a horrible bit of plastic so a little pouch is the best way to go
    I do have the Poetic Slimbook case ( Poetic Slimbook Leather Case for Google Nexus 4: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics ) on order as well, im not sure how I will get along with a flip cover, but its worth a shot for a tenner!
    01-22-2013 12:42 PM
    haha no i wouldnt really consider that a case but thanks for sharing, i didnt know about those
    01-22-2013 04:12 PM
    so it looks like there are more than 2x the number of people using a case as opposed to those without one. i guess the majority of us nexus 4 owners are paranoid lol
    01-22-2013 04:14 PM
    difference between paranoid and clumsy :P I drop my phone a lot, already dropped Nexus 4 at break height three times already.
    codeda likes this.
    01-22-2013 04:26 PM
    difference between paranoid and clumsy :P I drop my phone a lot, already dropped Nexus 4 at break height three times already.
    haha you could be paranoid about breaking it because of your clumsiness. :P
    01-22-2013 04:28 PM
    I stuck a Cruzerlite case on my N4 because I'd like to keep the rear glass in as good a condition as i possibly can. Also, since the N4 is so hard to obtain, i don't want to wait forever for a replacement should anything serious happen to it. I'm pretty careful with my gear, but accidents happen.
    01-22-2013 04:30 PM
    Still naked after about a month
    bobjohnson201 and J T M like this.
    01-22-2013 04:31 PM
    Still naked after about a month
    what are the neighbors saying? lol
    J T M likes this.
    01-22-2013 04:32 PM
    I stuck a Cruzerlite case on my N4 because I'd like to keep the rear glass in as good a condition as i possibly can. Also, since the N4 is so hard to obtain, i don't want to wait forever for a replacement should anything serious happen to it. I'm pretty careful with my gear, but accidents happen.
    same for me bro. cruzerlite case here too
    J T M likes this.
    01-22-2013 04:35 PM
    Does anyone make a case that is truly clear without designs, names and logos all over it? because you can still see the glittery back through what is left blank.
    I bought two plastic clear cases from ebay. They do show off the back but they are pretty cheap and don't fit really well. They look okay though and only cost $3 or so. I ended up putting my brown Nillikin back on for now.

I will see about taking a photo for you.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    01-22-2013 04:39 PM
    what are the neighbors saying? lol
    Everyone stares at the sparkles, especially on the bus...I welcome the looks, I've got no shame
    bobjohnson201 and J T M like this.
    01-22-2013 04:41 PM
    I have the I blason TPU case. So far so good. The sides are clear and the back is "frosted" so its somewhat transparent. I also have front and back screen protectors. No problems so gar but I would still like to get an OEM bumper case.

01-22-2013 04:53 PM
    I've got a Zagg protector on the back glass and nothing on the front. All the stories of phones sliding off surfaces and the glass cracking when setting on a counter spooked me. A good side effect is that the Zagg provides more grip than the glass alone.
    pugnuttt and bobjohnson201 like this.
    01-22-2013 05:05 PM
    I have the I blason TPU case. So far so good. The sides are clear and the back is "frosted" so its somewhat transparent. I also have front and back screen protectors. No problems so gar but I would still like to get an OEM bumper case.

yeah i also have the s line tpu case but ruined it cuz i tried to cut out the sides with a razor knife. im waiting for the oem bumper or some other bumper besides poetic
    01-22-2013 05:35 PM
    I've got a Zagg protector on the back glass and nothing on the front. All the stories of phones sliding off surfaces and the glass cracking when setting on a counter spooked me. A good side effect is that the Zagg provides more grip than the glass alone.
    thats good to hear. another possibility for me lol. i ordered the xtremeguard screen protectors for front and back (only like $5 on amazon) and its a wet application guard. i would assume its similar to the zagg?
    01-22-2013 05:36 PM
    Screw getting a case, I want people to be able to see the awesome back and front of the phone properly and sure it always slides around when I have it on the sofa but I just position it now so it can't slide off the sofa onto the floor!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    bobjohnson201 and Lanhoj like this.
    01-22-2013 05:44 PM
    I use a pouch. I can't stand cases and it takes away the whole appeal of having a light nice looking phone.
    01-22-2013 05:58 PM
    I use a pouch. I can't stand cases and it takes away the whole appeal of having a light nice looking phone.
    i dont understand the purpose of the pouch. every time you need to use it you have to take it out, leaving your phone exposed. i hate cases too but am still using one nonetheless.
    01-22-2013 06:40 PM
    I guess I am one of the only ones that likes cases. What is the point of a thin and light phone if the screen is smashed?

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.
    01-22-2013 08:05 PM
    Case? I won't hide the back of the phone I'll do just fine with a couple bumpers
    01-22-2013 08:09 PM
    I guess I am one of the only ones that likes cases. What is the point of a thin and light phone if the screen is smashed?

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.
    to each his own.

- - - Updated - - -

Case? I won't hide the back of the phone I'll do just fine with a couple bumpers
    thats what i intend to do as well
    01-22-2013 08:52 PM
    thats good to hear. another possibility for me lol. i ordered the xtremeguard screen protectors for front and back (only like $5 on amazon) and its a wet application guard. i would assume its similar to the zagg?
    I've been using the xtremeguard screen protectors for both the front and back glass since my 5th day when I shoved my N4 into my jeans pocket and the factory screen protectors (with labels and all) came off. I can't speak for the Zagg never having used them, but the xtremeguard does add a little bit more grip during use (which can take getting used to especially when compared to naked screen).

Coming up on 2 months with the xtremeguard, I have no complaints and recommend them to family and friends. I even picked up an xtremeguard screen protector for our N7.
    01-22-2013 08:54 PM
127 1234 ...