View Poll Results: Are you casing your nexus 4?

Voters
230. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I need to protect the glass.

135 58.70%
  • No. I'm a risk taker.

57 24.78%
  • I'm just using a bumper.

38 16.52%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Default Re: Are you using a case on your nexus 4?

I've got a case on my Nexus 4, and for a few reasons. Has nothing to do with being clumsy, it's just smart on a phone as fragile, and hard to get as the Nexus 4. With any regular phone that is easily attainable it might not be an issue, but trying getting a broken Nexus 4 repaired. A lot of people are still trying to get there hands on a Nexus 4, with this phone being so fragile anyway you'd be SOL if you dropped your phone, and it shattered.
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosaura1234 View Post
    Cool case.I am planning to buy a Nexus 4 and I just want the case like this.
    From Amazon UK. Lots of people selling them.

Rich

Sent from my Nexus 4

I have a shell case from Rearth (Amazon.com: [SF Matte Navy] -Rearth Ringke SLIM for LG Google Nexus 4 Soft Feeling Premium Hard Case - ECO Package[Revised Version]: Cell Phones & Accessories). It's super thin and light and protects the back and raises the front 1mm off the table top.
    .B

Quote Originally Posted by KitN View Post
    I'm naked!

But I do own two cases... I just rarely use them, lol. A Poetic bumper and a TPU case. I like the bumper the best... when I actually use it.

I'm naked 99.5% of the time.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Do I use protection or go naked? It feels so goood with out, but there are serious dangers to going without. The eternal question of men.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    The Practical BBQ'r !
    bobjohnson201 likes this.

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Currently mine is in a 50p phone sock (Which looks like this: ) And I have to say I expected it to be a lot worse than it is for the price, I cant stand to cover my beautiful smooth glass with a horrible bit of plastic so a little pouch is the best way to go
    I do have the Poetic Slimbook case ( ) on order as well, im not sure how I will get along with a flip cover, but its worth a shot for a tenner!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Rodgers View Post
    Does a sleeve count? I use waterfield designs, with a microfiber case cut specifically for the N4:

haha no i wouldnt really consider that a case but thanks for sharing, i didnt know about those
    Kyocera Marbl >> Kyocera Slider Sonic >> Sony Ericsson W580i >> LG Envy Touch >> Samsung Epic 4G >> LG Nexus 4
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

so it looks like there are more than 2x the number of people using a case as opposed to those without one. i guess the majority of us nexus 4 owners are paranoid lol
    Last edited by bobjohnson201; 01-22-2013 at 04:28 PM.
    Kyocera Marbl >> Kyocera Slider Sonic >> Sony Ericsson W580i >> LG Envy Touch >> Samsung Epic 4G >> LG Nexus 4

difference between paranoid and clumsy :P I drop my phone a lot, already dropped Nexus 4 at break height three times already.
    codeda likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Hubertsng View Post
    difference between paranoid and clumsy :P I drop my phone a lot, already dropped Nexus 4 at break height three times already.
    haha you could be paranoid about breaking it because of your clumsiness. :P

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    ROM
    Franco's Nightly Kernel

I stuck a Cruzerlite case on my N4 because I'd like to keep the rear glass in as good a condition as i possibly can. Also, since the N4 is so hard to obtain, i don't want to wait forever for a replacement should anything serious happen to it. I'm pretty careful with my gear, but accidents happen.
    Thanked by:
    bobjohnson201 likes this.

Still naked after about a month
    J T M and bobjohnson201 like this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Lanhoj View Post
    Still naked after about a month
    what are the neighbors saying? lol
    J T M likes this.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by J T M View Post
    I stuck a Cruzerlite case on my N4 because I'd like to keep the rear glass in as good a condition as i possibly can. Also, since the N4 is so hard to obtain, i don't want to wait forever for a replacement should anything serious happen to it. I'm pretty careful with my gear, but accidents happen.
    same for me bro. cruzerlite case here too
    J T M likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by pugnuttt View Post
    Does anyone make a case that is truly clear without designs, names and logos all over it? because you can still see the glittery back through what is left blank.
    I bought two plastic clear cases from ebay. They do show off the back but they are pretty cheap and don't fit really well. They look okay though and only cost $3 or so. I ended up putting my brown Nillikin back on for now.

I will see about taking a photo for you.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by bobjohnson201 View Post
    what are the neighbors saying? lol
    Everyone stares at the sparkles, especially on the bus...I welcome the looks, I've got no shame
    J T M and bobjohnson201 like this.

I have the I blason TPU case. So far so good. The sides are clear and the back is "frosted" so its somewhat transparent. I also have front and back screen protectors. No problems so gar but I would still like to get an OEM bumper case.

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

I've got a Zagg protector on the back glass and nothing on the front. All the stories of phones sliding off surfaces and the glass cracking when setting on a counter spooked me. A good side effect is that the Zagg provides more grip than the glass alone.
    Thanked by:
    pugnuttt likes this.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by sonicresidue View Post
    I have the I blason TPU case. So far so good. The sides are clear and the back is "frosted" so its somewhat transparent. I also have front and back screen protectors. No problems so gar but I would still like to get an OEM bumper case.

yeah i also have the s line tpu case but ruined it cuz i tried to cut out the sides with a razor knife. im waiting for the oem bumper or some other bumper besides poetic
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by sdoo25 View Post
    I've got a Zagg protector on the back glass and nothing on the front. All the stories of phones sliding off surfaces and the glass cracking when setting on a counter spooked me. A good side effect is that the Zagg provides more grip than the glass alone.
    thats good to hear. another possibility for me lol. i ordered the xtremeguard screen protectors for front and back (only like $5 on amazon) and its a wet application guard. i would assume its similar to the zagg?

Screw getting a case, I want people to be able to see the awesome back and front of the phone properly and sure it always slides around when I have it on the sofa but I just position it now so it can't slide off the sofa onto the floor!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Lanhoj and bobjohnson201 like this.

I use a pouch. I can't stand cases and it takes away the whole appeal of having a light nice looking phone.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #47  

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by pespule View Post
    I use a pouch. I can't stand cases and it takes away the whole appeal of having a light nice looking phone.
    i dont understand the purpose of the pouch. every time you need to use it you have to take it out, leaving your phone exposed. i hate cases too but am still using one nonetheless.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I guess I am one of the only ones that likes cases. What is the point of a thin and light phone if the screen is smashed?

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

Case? I won't hide the back of the phone I'll do just fine with a couple bumpers
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #50  

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    I guess I am one of the only ones that likes cases. What is the point of a thin and light phone if the screen is smashed?

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.
    to each his own.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CrazCruz View Post
    Case? I won't hide the back of the phone I'll do just fine with a couple bumpers
    thats what i intend to do as well
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast