Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default This Bumper Alternative, Similar to Google one

I found this bumper on eBay. New Aluminum Metal Soft TPU Bumper Frame Case Cover for Google Nexus 4 LG E960 | eBay

If you have seen it, or better yet, bought it, is it as much like the official Google Play one as it looks

Any good?

Thanks
    Eric

Default Re: This Bumper Alternative, Similar to Google one

$36? OUCH!

You can have Poetic's bumper within a couple of days for less than 1/3 the price, and be confident that they will be both ready and capable of addressing any product concerns. $36 is a bit steep for a non-OEM bumper with a 2-4 week delivery time.

And typos and spelling can be forgiven, but the fact that they copy/paste most of their auctions (I'm assuming that from the fact that they reference the bumper as being specific to the Galaxy Note II as often as they do it being for the N4) indicates a lack of attention to detail that would leave me a little wary as to whether I'd receive the correct product, much less correct color.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for all the advice guys. I am a big buy and sell guy on ebay. Apex well familiar with the risk. I have a Poetic already. I had heard how nice the Google ones were so I was looking for something in the meantime and wanted to k ow if anyone had gotten one.

$36 is just $36. I am by no means rich but having nice phones and cases is, I suppose, a hobby. Probably like a lot of you

Thanks again. If u do hear back please let me know. I did email them and make sure it was for the N4 and not the Note II

Thx

Comparing to the Poetic bumper is almost apples to oranges: The ebay bumper is made of actual aluminum, while the Poetic is just made from TPU (plastic).

The aluminum one also has silicone rubber trim bonded to it. Given that silicone is softer than TPU, that's probably good that they did that since that aluminum wouldn't be able to absorb shock at all.

$35 for an actual bumper doesn't seem like a bad price if you want a metal bumper.

Hopefully the silicone isn't a dust magnet (it often is).

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

$36 is asking too much for a fake bumper. Based on the picture I don't think the silver part is metal but made of plastic with metallic as these are the exact version selling in China. The Shenit version is selling on amazon for half the price.

Amazon.com: Shenit Bumper Case for Google Nexus 4 TPU Cover LG E960 Protector - Black/Silver: Cell Phones & Accessories