Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Default Re: Rearth Hybrid Fusion Case

And now it's showing unavailable. Not even an estimated ship date. Was looking forward to this case. Hope it eventually comes out.

On amazon it seems up for preorder again but has moved from Feb 15 to Feb 20. Why do I feel this is going to be like the ionic guardian case all over again?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

I just put my order and today. Surprisingly, I received an email sayings the product has been shipped. I will let you all know what it's like when I receive it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by eronfaure View Post
    I just put my order and today. Surprisingly, I received an email sayings the product has been shipped. I will let you all know what it's like when I receive it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    ditto, my current status is: Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit to carrier

It looks like it could be very slippery.

Just pre-ordered on Amazon. This is exactly what I'm looking for. Hope it's a good one.

Global Posts
    233 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by minnemike View Post
    Yeah - not available. Although I did find the price will be set at $13.99.
    Available at this price.

Looks good! Just placed an order.

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Looks like Droid Life got their hands on one early. Quick review + video:

Review:
    http://www.droid-life.com/2013/02/13...rkly-goodness/

Video:
    http://www.droid-life.com/2013/02/13...ficial-bumper/

I'm using the Diztronic TPU case now and find the width okay. I hope the Fusion would be the same width.
    Thanked by 2:

Sounds like wireless charging works. FTW!

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

To those who preordered, check the tracking number once more at usps, mine had been shipped and left Texas today.
    Thanked by:

Yeah - mine is en route too.

Got my case today. First impressions, it's nice, the clear back allows me to admire the back of the N4 (which is the reason why I got it). It seems as thick as my Atmosphere case that I've been using.

Gripes:
    Buttons--it's hard to tell if I'm pushing the button properly without looking at the phone. There's no response unlike the Atmosphere.

The back, nice to be able to admire the back of the N4 which was one of the big features of the phone.
    Hole alignment--it looks like all the holes align with the case
    Button construction--unlike my Atmosphere, it seems the buttons are made of the same material as the sides, so less chance of it breaking off.
    Minimal packaging.
    Feet at the bottom of the case so the clear plastic doesn't touch a flat surface
    Do note, there is a film on the bottom of the case (wasn't obvious to me)

I'll be taking the fusion for a spin for the next few days.

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts

Got mine today. Very nice. Plastic is on both front and back of back cover. Works nicely with the orb!

Is there protection to the front of the phone?

Global Posts
    874 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Xoom, Nexus 4 AOKP

Got mine today. Have to say this case feels way better in hand than the OEM bumper. Like that it has feet on the back to keep it up off of surfaces to help avoid scratching the plastic. Adds less thickness than the bumper does, and has more grip. Also there is protective plastic on both sides of the clear back you should remove before using. So far I am really liking this case, will be putting the bumpers in a drawer now. Only negative, is that the buttons are kinda hard to press and there is no feeling when you do. With the bumpers you still could feel a nice click, but not with this case. Not a big deal reminds me of my girlfriends otterbox on her razr m.

Quote Originally Posted by VSG28 View Post
    Is there protection to the front of the phone?
    There is no screen protector with it if thats what youre asking. But it does have a lip on it to keep the screen off of surfaces maybe a mm high.
    Thanked by:
    VSG28 

Ya, that's what I was referring to- that extra 1mm or so of height to prevent a direct collision to the screen. Thanks for that confirmation!

Quote Originally Posted by mattcheung7 View Post
    Do note, there is a film on the bottom of the case (wasn't obvious to me)
    Thanks for the review! Kind of amusing that the case has its own adhesive film protection to keep the back from getting scratched in shipment

Been switching back and forth between the OEM bumper (LOVE the look and natural feel) and the Poetic Atmosphere (great protection), and while I expect I'll miss the natural feel of the buttons they both provide, I've dealt with that with prior cases on other phones and now anticipate the Fusion will offer the better protection without compromising the handset's design's visibility

Global Posts
    874 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Xoom, Nexus 4 AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by VSG28 View Post
    Ya, that's what I was referring to- that extra 1mm or so of height to prevent a direct collision to the screen. Thanks for that confirmation!
    Yeah its there but I don't think its as high as the OEM bumper. It wouldn't do anything to protect your screen if you laid it on rough concrete. But it will help on tables and smooth surfaces.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts

No.

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    Yeah its there but I don't think its as high as the OEM bumper. It wouldn't do anything to protect your screen if you laid it on rough concrete. But it will help on tables and smooth surfaces.

I don't envision any scenario where I would lay my phone on rough pavement, let alone face down. Also, I hate cases with the front edge too high. It messes with edge swipes too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8000 View Post
    Thanks for the review! Kind of amusing that the case has its own adhesive film protection to keep the back from getting scratched in shipment

Been switching back and forth between the OEM bumper (LOVE the look and natural feel) and the Poetic Atmosphere (great protection), and while I expect I'll miss the natural feel of the buttons they both provide, I've dealt with that with prior cases on other phones and now anticipate the Fusion will offer the better protection without compromising the handset's design's visibility
    Which feels better and slimmer between the Google bumper and Poetic? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLibertarian View Post
    Which feels better and slimmer between the Google bumper and Poetic? Just curious.
    To me, the Poetic Atmosphere case is slimmer, the OEM bumper feels better. The Poetic seems like it would be offer better protection from a random drop (I think the bumper would do as well on edge impact, but obviously the case adds rear protection should it land flush or on something), which is good as the Atmosphere is a little too smooth for my taste and more prone to slipping.

Global Posts
    874 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Xoom, Nexus 4 AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by minnemike View Post
    I don't envision any scenario where I would lay my phone on rough pavement, let alone face down. Also, I hate cases with the front edge too high. It messes with edge swipes too much.
    Same here. Was just letting people know because I know of a few people that set their phones down on anything. I agree with you on the lip part too. On this case it does not interfere with swipes.

ROM
    Stock

Mine just showed up. Works well with my charging orb.
    It feels like a plastic cell phone case. But love that it still shows off the back.

For anyone not liking the stiff button feedback, you can help that by getting an exacto knife or razor blade and simply cutting a tiny slash at the button edge side grooves. It really frees up the action.
    Thanked by:
    lmr47 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast