Anker Astro3 10000mAh external battery pack

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know what the difference is between the Astro3E and the Astro3 (besides $10)?

Also, I'm curious...when/where would you use something like this? I'm asking because I think I want one (I want to want one), but between car chargers and chargers at home and office, not to mention that my battery life usually gets me through the day already, I don't know when/where I would use it.

squirrelproductions

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm often at all-day events in gymnasiums, convention centers, halls, etc where there isn't an outlet readily available. During these events, I often use an external battery pack to power my N4 which serves as a hotspot for our N7. If I didn't have the external battery pack, I wouldn't be able to use the hotspot through the whole day.

And recently, I was in a hospital waiting area (family member in surgery). Again, there weren't outlets readily available. I don't know how I would have been able to sit in the waiting room for over six hours if I didn't have my N4 streaming videos, surfing the web, etc. My N4's battery wouldn't have lasted the over 6 hours of screen time that day. Granted, this particular scenario is a one-off or rare, but I was certainly glad that I had my external battery pack that day.

Personally, I use RAVPower? 10400mAh RP-PB07 External Battery Pack Charger.

Does anyone know what the difference is between the Astro3E and the Astro3 (besides $10)?

Also, I'm curious...when/where would you use something like this? I'm asking because I think I want one (I want to want one), but between car chargers and chargers at home and office, not to mention that my battery life usually gets me through the day already, I don't know when/where I would use it.

mike9186

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I picked the 5100mah Anker charger from Amazon a few weeks ago and am very happy. It is a great size and so far I've never come close to draining it. I do notice that recharging the backup battery is very very slow.