1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 4 headphones and mic?

Hey all,

First time post here. Just bought a Nexus 4 and had questions re accessories.

1) Any first or third-party headphones with mics available yet? I like the portability it offers despite looking like a ****** talking into your headphones while walking.
    2) I'm trying to decide between the Poetic bumper or atmosphere. I hear the phone is pretty slippery with the atmosphere. Is this true? I've heard conflicting reports on the forums here to this.

Thanks

Default Re: Nexus 4 headphones and mic?

I carried over my ear pods from my iPhone 5 and they work pretty well. The up/down volume feature doesn't work but using the phillips headset app I'm able to perform a few more functions with series of clicks. They also worked with the old ear buds from my iPhone 4 but not nearly as loud or clear as the ear pods. I'm sure many of the other headphones with mic will work fine and offer some control but none offer the ease of control that the iOS and ear pod combo offer.

I have both the bumper and the atmosphere and thus far I prefer the bumper but it's only been a week with the bumper. I also ordered the LG bumper to compare as well, will see how that turns out.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Awesome, I didn't realize that I could use my ear buds from my iPod and still use the mic. I'm happy to get my first real smart phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Any headphones with a mic will work. Some of them that have FF and RW functions will work, and sometimes they don't (though the earbuds and mic will still work). I believe these work for everything:

Klipsch Image S4A - II In-Ear Headphones (Amazon.com: Klipsch Image S4A - II In-Ear Headphones: Electronics)
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/