Which screen protector are you using with your ballistic case?

duranta23

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys! So I am still waiting for my Nexus 4 (delivery date Feb 6!!). I've ordered the ballistic case from ebay after reading so many great reviews. The only thing I am stuck with right now is which screen protector to get. I am worried because I've seen so many people complain how cases peel the protector on the sides. I've also ordered a Nillkin hard case which will come with a simple screen protector which I'll try to use for now. I was hoping that anyone using the ballistic case on their N4 would share their experiences with screen protectors so I (and others with similar question in mind) can benefit from their experiences. Thanks in advance!

Schwack

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I, too, am thinking about getting a screen protector for my new Nexus 4. However, what's weird is that Zagg and Ghost Armor has screens for the N4 but not the HD screens that is offered for the other phones (ie: SG3). So until they release a HD protector, I won't be buying one.

duranta23

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I, too, am thinking about getting a screen protector for my new Nexus 4. However, what's weird is that Zagg and Ghost Armor has screens for the N4 but not the HD screens that is offered for the other phones (ie: SG3). So until they release a HD protector, I won't be buying one.

So you think its okay to go without a screen protector for a while? This is my first device with Gorilla glass 2. My blackberry curve gets scratched so easily that I'm a little scared. Although I know that the Gorilla glass should be way better!

Cole Richins

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I've got the black on black Ballistic SG case, and am loving it. Additionally I have the Skinomi Carbon fiber body and back protector, along with their screen protector. I'm not clumsy or anything I'm just super anal about my phones, and with this version of the Nexus being glass on glass, I'm even more so.

Mike Dupp

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
So you think its okay to go without a screen protector for a while? This is my first device with Gorilla glass 2. My blackberry curve gets scratched so easily that I'm a little scared. Although I know that the Gorilla glass should be way better!

The N4 ships with protective film on the front and back glass. The film doesn't interfere with any of the phones functions, so you can leave if on for a couple of days if you need to. There is some very small, very light printing on the front film, so you will want to remove it eventually. Try to resist the temptation of removing the film to take a quick look at the glass and put the film right back on. The film will go back on, but it will never be quite the same as it was from the factory.

duranta23

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I've got the black on black Ballistic SG case, and am loving it. Additionally I have the Skinomi Carbon fiber body and back protector, along with their screen protector. I'm not clumsy or anything I'm just super anal about my phones, and with this version of the Nexus being glass on glass, I'm even more so.
Thanks! So the case is playing well with the screen protector? Are you satisfied with the Skinomi screen protector, Its clarity, fingerprint resistance and smoothness? Thanks for sharing :)

duranta23

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
The N4 ships with protective film on the front and back glass. The film doesn't interfere with any of the phones functions, so you can leave if on for a couple of days if you need to. There is some very small, very light printing on the front film, so you will want to remove it eventually. Try to resist the temptation of removing the film to take a quick look at the glass and put the film right back on. The film will go back on, but it will never be quite the same as it was from the factory.
Yes I'm using the phone with the factory protective film right now. (It was very hard to resist to peel it off though). Let us know if you decide on any screen protector for your phone eventually. Thanks for sharing :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci