Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 4 bumper

Have you used the nexus 4 (just got mine YES!!) and hows is your experience with it. .? Is it sturdy? And also does it make the nexus significantly bigger or not at all. Any info is highly appreciate d.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts

Default Re: Nexus 4 bumper

Not a bit bigger. Just like what others have mentioned in different reviews, it feels like it's part of the phone. Buttons and holes are perfect

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    LG Nexus 4 E960 Occam 44.2.2 JDQ39 / Nokia Lumia 920 / Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 Takju 4.2.2 JDQ39 / Asus Google Nexus 7 4.2.2 JDQ39
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the info, I just ordered one.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock: GNex; dalepl rom

I totally agree with multo--in fact, I think the bumper adds a degree of class to the phone. However, I just got my Diztronic TPU case so I may not use the bumper at all. It's a matter of safety over looks (and a bit of performance because the buttons on the bumper are soooo easy to use). Even though I love the way the bumper looks with the phone, I just was too concerned about how slippery the phone is, and the bumper doesn't help a lot in that area.

Have to disagree just a little. After using my nexus 4 without the bumper then adding one I could definitely feel the difference BUT it only took a short time to get used to.

I'm considering getting this--> http://www.rearthusa.com/google-nexu...id-fusion-case
    Any thoughts?

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Looks like a really good case, but sometimes with cases, its hard to tell how well they'll fit the phone by just looking at a picture you know...

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by maryjane2300 View Post
    Have to disagree just a little. After using my nexus 4 without the bumper then adding one I could definitely feel the difference BUT it only took a short time to get used to.

That's the difference as I got the bumper with the phone (no extra shipping that way) so I never really used it without the bumper. The Diz feels really weird right now, but I don't worry about it being slippery. I haven't put a screen protector on yet. The screen is so smooth. I ordered an Xtreme for $1.50 so not much lost if I don't like it. If I do like it, I may get the whole body kit and then try the bumper again. Who knows?

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts

A bit ot but are you the same rhea in GNF and n4 forums?

LG Nexus 4 E960 Occam 44.2.2 JDQ39 / Nokia Lumia 920 / Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 Takju 4.2.2 JDQ39 / Asus Google Nexus 7 4.2.2 JDQ39

The OEM bumper is great - it looks fantastic, is very well-built, has a natural feel to the buttons. It does make the phone noticeably wider, but not much more than a standard case. I actually find it offers better grip than my early TPU S-line case and my Poetic Atmosphere case (which is too slick) because of the dual-lipped ridge.

As to protection, I hope to never have to find out ;-)

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by multo View Post
    A bit ot but are you the same rhea in GNF and n4 forums?

Yes.

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rhea View Post
    Yes.
    I guess we're both all over. Phantom here

Flowed and Tapped from my Nexus