Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Global Posts
    249 Global Posts

Default Re: Nexus Charging Orb Available

ordered mine !!! Almost got 2 .... we will see how much I like it before getting another.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Looks like Google decided to promote its own app instead of a third party. Ha I must admit, I downloaded that battery app because it looked cool in the picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nexus Charging Orb Available-charging-orb.jpg  

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

In Canada, play store is now listing "Nexus 4 Wireless Charger is not available in your country." SOB, I hope that is just temporary. This was one feature I really wanted. I know I can get it through other online vendors or even other Qi chargers but I'm getting impatient and want this one!

Whoever is head of operations at Google tasked with planning needs sacking, rehiring then sacking again as one sacking wouldn't do justice.

Quite why they didn't have a supply of every official accessory (and phones) available in every country from launch I'll never know.

So a number of chargers will be available in one, possibly two countries in the world. Google should check their own prog, Google Earth. They'll find there's considerably more than two countries in the world.

This really is an unsatisfactory chain of events from a huge corporation like that. No phones for ages, no tablets for ages, still no official accessories in 99% of the markets they sell their products in despite these products being out for months.

C'mon. Your gear is truly great, now match that with the kind of service those products and the people that buy them, deserve.

/rant

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

I find that its very expensive add-on. $71 with shipping and tax is pretty steep. going to keep charging it the old way for now...

Also got the ZENS charger last week. It works flawlessly, even with cases. I really like the Orb, but at a difference of $30 it's not worth it.
    Jnorton2724 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Marten View Post
    Whoever is head of operations at Google tasked with planning needs sacking, rehiring then sacking again as one sacking wouldn't do justice.

Quite why they didn't have a supply of every official accessory (and phones) available in every country from launch I'll never know.

So a number of chargers will be available in one, possibly two countries in the world. Google should check their own prog, Google Earth. They'll find there's considerably more than two countries in the world.

This really is an unsatisfactory chain of events from a huge corporation like that. No phones for ages, no tablets for ages, still no official accessories in 99% of the markets they sell their products in despite these products being out for months.

C'mon. Your gear is truly great, now match that with the kind of service those products and the people that buy them, deserve.

/rant
    Wah. It will come...eventually.

- - - Updated - - -

Ordered 2. One for home and office.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless Freep View Post
    Also got the ZENS charger last week. It works flawlessly, even with cases. I really like the Orb, but at a difference of $30 it's not worth it.
    Really, at that price? Have a link?

anyone get a Shipping notice yet? I ordered mine as soon as it became available.

Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    ROM
    t879 rooted aws radio

Got one of these because its half the price works just as good not going to wait for it

Sent from my blazing fast nexus 4 o yeah baby this phone is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by imrgoodbari View Post
    anyone get a Shipping notice yet? I ordered mine as soon as it became available.
    Yes, just got the shipping notice.

Sadly, I'm planning on taking Friday off from work and we get Monday off as a holiday. So I might not get the charger until Tuesday!

Quote Originally Posted by alicklee View Post
    Got one of these because its half the price works just as good not going to wait for it
    How do you know it works "just as good"? Have you read reviews of or used the orb charger?
    Great Googley Moogley!

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB 4.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by VSG28 View Post
    Magnets
    Truly magnets, or rubber O-rings?

I would not trust O-rings to hold a phone at that angle. I am pretty sure the phone has magnets in it.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

Just received my shipping notice this morning.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nytech13 View Post
    Just received my shipping notice this morning.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Me too! Delivery slated for Friday "By end of day", yay! I'm just playing they don't revise it and push it back until Tuesday...

Sent from my Nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by KitN View Post
    Me too! Delivery slated for Friday "By end of day", yay! I'm just playing they don't revise it and push it back until Tuesday...

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Here as well. Odd. First email saying it shipped came thru at 407am today. I went to try and track it a couple times this afternoon and no dice, no updates. Then I just got a My UPS alert Saying delivery tomorrow. 1 day in transit? Not bad lol.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Nexus 5/Moto X

It appears to be shipped ups 2 day. Mine comes tomorrow too. Actually 2.

Holding off on buying until someone can confirm it works with a case on it. If it's using magnets, they might not be strong enough with a Ballistic case on it.

Quote Originally Posted by VSG28 View Post
    Magnets
    How do they work?
    Thanked by:
    deadp1xel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by p00dles View Post
    Holding off on buying until someone can confirm it works with a case on it. If it's using magnets, they might not be strong enough with a Ballistic case on it.
    I doubt it will work with that case. Most of the wireless chargers I have seen dont work with the ballistic case and those don't have magnets.

ROM
    Stock

Out for delivery! But... I've had UPS mess that up before.

Just got mine and set up.... Looks good but it is not held in by magnets. It is held by a "sticky" ring

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Therambler View Post
    Just got mine and set up.... Looks good but it is not held in by magnets. It is held by a "sticky" ring
    I was just about to say the same thing. I don't know how I feel about that. I'm concerned if it will still stick with a case, and the longevity of stickyness in my dusty office.

It also uses a 5v 1.8amp wall wart, stepped down to 5v 1amp in the orb. I would not plug your phone directly into the wall charger.

Currently charging on mine! Works perfectly through the poetic atmosphere case - no slippage - in fact kinda sticky on there. Fairly confident it will sit just fine on all my other cases too. It does feel pretty warm from the charging though.

Funny thing - I can elevate it about 3/4 inch away from it and it still charges.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast