1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What docks are available?

I've just moved from an iPhone 4 to the Nexus 4 and I've been used to doing a search for iPhone Dock on eBay or wherever else and there being about a million different ones. I can't seem to find any for the Nexus 4 though, and those I do find don't seem to be for the Nexus 4 but instead some company's just trying to sell you a dock that may fit the Nexus 4. Does anyone know of any, preferably in the UK. As the battery life isn't great on the N4 I like to have it constantly docked whilst I'm working. Thanks in advance for any help.

Default Re: What docks are available?

There aren't a ton of docks for android devices in general. I'd look at getting one of the Qi wireless chargers or just plugging it in.

Global Posts
    306 Global Posts

Google sells a wireless charging orb, looks nice and works great I'd recommend that if you were gonna buy anything

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

I bought a cheap dock and it works but not great. No support for the phone. All the support is provided by the connector.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I think in the end, everything dockable about this phone will be wireless.

It has miracast wireless monitor support. It has wireless charging. It has bluetooth for everything else. Also, don't forget about programmable tags. So, I imagine the type of docks soon to be available will be aimed at a slew of newer phones coming down the pike with these capabilities.

What function are you looking for in a dock?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I went ahead and purchased . It's actually a KIDIGI dock that can be . It's really good quality and for 12 a pretty good deal. Although it's not made specifically for the Nexus 4 that sort of makes it better as it can be used for other phones with a Micro USB connector. I've just tried it with the original HTC Desire and it works perfectly with that too.

I went between getting and the orb for some time. Finally settled on the orb, but I might pick one of these up too to have at the office. It's a universal dock and is designed to work with any phone with a center mounted USB port. Should work with any kind of case too according to a video interview I saw with them at CES 2013.