Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Review of Halo Brand Dry Application Screen Protectors

If you're planning on buying a Halo Brand Screen Protector, I hope you have the patience of a saint and a cleanroom. This screen protector comes with screen dry application sheets, and the moment that I removed the cover from the first screen protector, it became covered in tiny, floating dust particles. Yuck. I then tried to apply the protector to my Nexus 4 but, despite dozens of attempts, I was unable to remove air bubbles from between the protector and screen using a credit card. This prompted me to eventually throw the screen protectors away. Money wasted.

Conclusion: While this screen protector might be a quality product, I'll never have the chance to find out, since I was unable to apply them to my satisfaction. To be fair, I never contacted their customer support, although I did watch the application tutorial on their website. I doubt doing so would've helped much.

P.S. Shipping took much longer than expected. I don't know if this was due to the manufacturer or the shipper, but be prepared to wait a while for your screen protector to arrive.

Edit: Luckily, Halo was kind enough to send me a new screen upon seeing this review, along with suggestions on how to avoid air bubbles. It's refreshing to do business with a company that stands behind its product.
    Last edited by DownwardFacingDroid; 02-27-2013 at 08:24 AM.

Default Re: Review of Halo Brand Dry Application Screen Protectors

I went through 2 before I got it right on the third try... I always try stuff like that on my phone first... then I move on to my wife's. I got hers on the first shot.

I'm just considering the 3 pack of protectors a 1 pack. Now I have to order another one for myself...

I will say that once you get it right, they really are amazing to look at.