Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 360Mobiles
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock baby!

Default My Qi Charger Experience

What was your experience like? If you liked this video this video or if it helped you remember to LIKE and Subscribe! Thanks!
    The best Tech videos on the web! www.youtube.com/360Mobiles
    jdauria likes this.

Default Re: My Qi Charger Experience

Good review, very informative. I have a question about these wireless chargers. Do you have any recommendations for a charger around $40 that could charge through a case? I was just wondering, since I am interested in buying one in the future for my Nexus 4
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock baby!

I would check in the Qi charger thread for the Nexus 4, as people there have veer good recommendations.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by 360Mobiles View Post
    I would check in the Qi charger thread for the Nexus 4, as people there have veer good recommendations.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    I already read through that thread. I was just wondering if you had any more suggestions as to which charger I should look at. BTW, great videos. They have good video quality and are very informative.

EDIT: Oops, I thought you were talking about a different thread. I will be going there right now to take a look.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock baby!

Thank You for the compliment, remember to LIKE and Subscribe

Thumbs up Re: My Qi Charger Experience

thorough review , i just ordered a Duracell powermatt. It has coils for two phones and comes with a neat portable battery with built in iphone and mini usb leads. I never thought about how the cover would effect it , glad you got yours working ok. bumper looks nicer anyway.
    here's a link

I've been able to charge on my nexus orb charger through a couple of different cases... no problem.. and it keeps it from SLIPPING OFF THE ORB!!

Just remember that there's a "sweet spot" for charging on the phone that runs in the middle third of the back of the phone.. it's about a 1" area or so.. too high and too low.. no charging.. listen for the beep.. you know you're good!
    Last edited by rserda; 05-21-2013 at 01:49 PM.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock baby!

Yeah I know! It's good that you fixed your orb issue! The problem with this Qi charger though is that it just isn't powerful enough. Other Qi chargers can go through cases such as the iBason. I'm thinking about getting another Qi charger that works well but I will probably wait till the price drops and 3rd partys have better options to choose from(and look better). At the end of the day though it's just a charger so I'm not getting overly concerned with the thing.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock baby!

Quote Originally Posted by WWW_SPORTZER_COM View Post
    thorough review , i just ordered a Duracell powermatt. It has coils for two phones and comes with a neat portable battery with built in iphone and mini usb leads. I never thought about how the cover would effect it , glad you got yours working ok. bumper looks nicer anyway.
    here's a link
    DON'T ORDER IT! THE POWERMAT ISN'T QI ENABLED! I DON'T WANT YOU TO WASTE YOUR MONEY LOL! Ok the caps can stop now but seriously don''t order it.

the wireless charger will charger a long long time ,i would rather use the usb cable

I tried one and personally I like using USB cables better because they simply charge faster.

Yep - if you're looking for a fast charge, the straight in, direct-connect is the choice to make. But - don't forget that there's more friction/damage each time you plug/unplug the hardware. For long-term life of the product, the inductive charger is more likely a better choice. From what I've been able to find about the newer cells in the products, I think there's going to be longer life from the batteries if you don't use the fast charge so often, but infrequently so to "stretch" the "elasticity" of the cells in the battery. So far as I can tell, it's just a theory so far. Time will tell...

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegoman View Post
    Good review, very informative. I have a question about these wireless chargers. Do you have any recommendations for a charger around $40 that could charge through a case? I was just wondering, since I am interested in buying one in the future for my Nexus 4
    I can recommend you CHOE Qi wireless chargers for smartphones,I got one but i am still testing on its performance.