Nexus 4 needing case advice?

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
So i recently just bought a nexus 4 and have been looking into the poetic atmosphere, body glove nova, and the acase superleggera case. I'm looking for a non bulky case and the most attractive looking one..Which would one of you guys recommend?

Links below to take a look :)

(Poetic) Amazon.com: Poetic Atmosphere Case for Google Nexus 4 Smart Phone E960 LG Clear/Gray(3 Year Warranty from Poetic): Computers & Accessories
(Body glove) Amazon.com: Body Glove 9339101 Case for Google Nexus 4 Nova - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Black: Electronics
(Acase) Amazon.com: Acase Superleggera Pro Hybrid dual layer Case for LG Google Nexus 4 (Nexus 4, Black): Electronics

gmurphy0487

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I have the Atmosphere, it fell apart after about 1 month of use. Poetic shipped me another one free of charge, but I am now using a Seidio convert. I can't really speak for the others.

While I was using the Poetic, I did like it. It fit in my pocket with no issue. It is not clear though. It is more of a frosted clear. You can see the Nexus and LG logos, but that's it. You can't really make out the back that everyone wants to show off.

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I have the Acase and I can say without a doubt that it is one of the best cases out for the Nexus 4. I like the fact the case is dual layer and that the outer poly-carbonate layer covers most of the inner silicon layer; compared to the the Ionic or Ballistic case where the outer cover only covers the back and sides. The case is definitely not bulky else I would not have bought it. I like to stick my phone in my jeans pocket this case fits nice and snugly. If you have anymore questions about the Acase feel free to ask.

bassmanxu

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Depends on what you define as "bulky". I also have the Acase and it's somewhat similar to the Otterbox Commuter i had my old EVO 4G, maybe a little more streamlined, but same idea with the soft TPU cover and hard shell on top. It does cover all edges and wraps just over the edges on the front. I was a little concerned that some of the thin cases wouldn't handle a drop that well.

So I'd say if you are first and foremost you are looking for thinness and looks over protection, then don't get the Acase, because it's not as thin as some, and does add a little size to the phone dimensions. Just be aware you get a significant step up in protection from this case vs. some of the very thin ones that are the basic snap-on types . Coming from an EVO with the Otterbox, the N4 with the Acase feels thin and light by comparison, and I know I will drop this phone, it's just a matter of time, so I think this case is a good compromise.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I have the Acase and I can say without a doubt that it is one of the best cases out for the Nexus 4. I like the fact the case is dual layer and that the outer poly-carbonate layer covers most of the inner silicon layer; compared to the the Ionic or Ballistic case where the outer cover only covers the back and sides. The case is definitely not bulky else I would not have bought it. I like to stick my phone in my jeans pocket this case fits nice and snugly. If you have anymore questions about the Acase feel free to ask.

I agree with this case as I have it also and wirelessly charge with it on. I would consider it a bit bulky though.

Everytime I switch my SIM, I check that back glass and it is flawless with this case!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Or join me going naked...

Had it since December & I knowingly the dice each time I leave the house but the thrill makes it all worth it :p

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Or join me going naked...

Had it since December & I knowingly the dice each time I leave the house but the thrill makes it all worth it :p

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

I read the first part, sounds so seedy.
I do the same, If i go out to uni or to coach (year 8s so about 12 year olds) case goes on because when others play with my phone I am going safety first or expect the worse.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non