OEM Nexus 4 Bumper really fragile. and it BROKE!

Morjesta

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I been using my Nexus 4 and bumper since february as my daily phone. This morning i noticed that the bottom part of my bumper was broken. Near the USB port. (Pic)
I always take good care of my phone and havent dropped my Nexus 4 once.

I recall taking off the bumper like 2 times maximum. And i dont think that will be the reason for it to be broken.
I always carry my Nexus 4 on my front jeans pocket. Maybe the pressure or when sitting down cause this.

Any way im kinda disappointed in the quality of this case bumper. Since its a very rare item and expensive for a bumper.

In my last Nexus (GNex) i used a SPG case and still rocks in flawless conditions. (Normal scratches)

I will consider other cases before buying again the OEM Bumper. :'(

Attachments

• Nexus-Bumper-Broken.jpg
    Nexus-Bumper-Broken.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 417

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I been using my Nexus 4 and bumper since february as my daily phone. This morning i noticed that the bottom part of my bumper was broken. Near the USB port. (Pic)
I always take good care of my phone and havent dropped my Nexus 4 once.

I recall taking off the bumper like 2 times maximum. And i dont think that will be the reason for it to be broken.
I always carry my Nexus 4 on my front jeans pocket. Maybe the pressure or when sitting down cause this.

Any way im kinda disappointed in the quality of this case bumper. Since its a very rare item and expensive for a bumper.

In my last Nexus (GNex) i used a SPG case and still rocks in flawless conditions. (Normal scratches)

I will consider other cases before buying again the OEM Bumper. :'(

The bumper is cheaply made and overpriced. You are better off with a case.

Andrw

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I've taken my bumper off every night and there's no crack shown.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Mine broke in the same place. I agree it's over priced and the quality sucks. I just got a Poetic Bumper and it's way better quality than the official bumper and I got it for $9 on Amazon.

jordandj24

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Mine broke in the same exact place too. I've gone back to using cases instead after seeing that is a common problem. Figured no point in investing in another if it will just crack again.

damo

#teamandroid
May 25, 2011
Visit site
I've just put my bumper on after using a Poetic bumper for the last few months. The OEM one feels so much better

Posted via Android Central App

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Mine broke in the same place. I agree it's over priced and the quality sucks. I just got a Poetic Bumper and it's way better quality than the official bumper and I got it for $9 on Amazon.

How is your Poetic bumper holding up?

sent from my Nexus 4; so fresh and so clean

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
To this day is holding up just fine. No regrets in getting it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I like mine a lot too. I hope I don't have the issues that some of the others have had. I got the red one and it is smoking.

sent from my Nexus 4; so fresh and so clean

saadmengal

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Igvqi7eg

After getting the refund, guys try cutting the broken piece like how i did. Feels wonderful..

http://db.tt/Igvqi7eg

I took out the silver layer from the black bumper (quite easy) and then with a hot knife i cut the corners of the bottom.

Easy Peasy. Works good until i get a new one.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Mine split like that after a few months too. It's just the chrome band on the surface, the actual body of the bumper is still intact so I just epoxy'd it back down.
Google offered to refund my money if I RMA'd the bumper, but that was too much trouble when there's a diy fix that took 15 seconds.

xGOMESx

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
That's crazy so many people have the same issue. I got my OEM bumper a week ago and I just noticed it's broken in the exact same spot (USB). I am pretty upset since the phone is very well taken care of.

eco7

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Mine split like that after a few months as well and I really think that it was over priced and cheap quality. I really take care of my phone and just taking it out of my pocket broke one day.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay