Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Default Volume suddenly goes to zero, then have to restart phone

I have faced this issue for a week now. My nexus 4's volume goes to near zero randomly, or atleast I feel so. No sound on the headphones or the speaker. Vibration works. I would then have to restart the phone and it would work again. But some time later back to the no sound state.
    Is anyone else facing this? Also, could anyone help me out with this if they know the solution.

Default Re: Volume suddenly goes to zero, then have to restart phone

You might want to check your headphone port. Why? These ports are built to work with wired headsets, and these headsets have volume controls. If there's something wrong with it (false contact, dirty contacts, faulty wiring, etc.) there might be a stray signal being wrongfully sent to your phone and telling it to drop the volume down to zero. Of course, this would be true if you can't turn the volume up at all. If you can turn the volume up but there's still no sound, then something else is wrong, probably an app taking over the sound drivers.