Volume suddenly goes to zero, then have to restart phone
I have faced this issue for a week now. My nexus 4's volume goes to near zero randomly, or atleast I feel so. No sound on the headphones or the speaker. Vibration works. I would then have to restart the phone and it would work again. But some time later back to the no sound state.
Is anyone else facing this? Also, could anyone help me out with this if they know the solution.
- 01-03-2014, 11:25 AM #2
Re: Volume suddenly goes to zero, then have to restart phone
You might want to check your headphone port. Why? These ports are built to work with wired headsets, and these headsets have volume controls. If there's something wrong with it (false contact, dirty contacts, faulty wiring, etc.) there might be a stray signal being wrongfully sent to your phone and telling it to drop the volume down to zero. Of course, this would be true if you can't turn the volume up at all. If you can turn the volume up but there's still no sound, then something else is wrong, probably an app taking over the sound drivers.
- By Adela Corina Marinescu in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 22Last Post: 09-25-2016, 05:41 PM
- By DonnyVantage in forum Kindle Fire HDX TabletsReplies: 1Last Post: 04-05-2014, 12:04 AM
- By DrDiff in forum T-Mobile Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 01-05-2014, 02:47 PM
- By Brett Munro in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 3Last Post: 01-03-2014, 05:42 PM
- By jinjin12 in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 2Last Post: 01-03-2014, 01:19 PM