Like Tree91Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Default Re: [GUIDE] Nexus 4 - Factory Image Restore

Quote Originally Posted by cjhudelson View Post
    Just wiped cache and it insta-rebooted. Looking like it is now just stuck on the Nexus X again... Hoping something can be done still....

How about the custom rom idea? Is there any use in trying to load CM10?
    I'd def try it out. I'm actually running AOKP right now and it's very solid. Go to goo.im and under devs look for Roman, download his 12/8 mako preview build. Everything is stable as far as I can tell. Be sure to flash the gapps too, I believe I used the 11/30 signed ones available on that site.

You'll have to adb push them to your phone while in recovery. Same can be done with the CM10 ROMs, just saying what I currently recommend

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by 2defmouze View Post
    I'd def try it out. I'm actually running AOKP right now and it's very solid. Go to goo.im and under devs look for Roman, download his 12/8 mako preview build. Everything is stable as far as I can tell. Be sure to flash the gapps too, I believe I used the 11/30 signed ones available on that site.

You'll have to adb push them to your phone while in recovery. Same can be done with the CM10 ROMs, just saying what I currently recommend

Thanks! I'll try that. Just got back, and I'll let you know how it goes...

Thanks! I'll try that. Just got back, and I'll let you know how it goes...
    I just tried to re-do the whole process on a mac just hoping that it may have been my windows 8 machine. Well, now I get an error when it sends the 'system' to the device. This is what I'm getting:

ERROR: usb_write failed with status e00002be FAILED (data transfer failure (no such file or directory))
    ERROR: usb_read failed with status e00002ed FAILED (status read failed (No such file or directory))
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

I just tried to re-do the whole process on a mac just hoping that it may have been my windows 8 machine. Well, now I get an error when it sends the 'system' to the device. This is what I'm getting:

ERROR: usb_write failed with status e00002be FAILED (data transfer failure (no such file or directory))
    ERROR: usb_read failed with status e00002ed FAILED (status read failed (No such file or directory))
    I'm not mac man, really wouldn't know where to begin there.. I'd say stick with what was working..

I'm not mac man, really wouldn't know where to begin there.. I'd say stick with what was working..

Problem is, nothing seems to be working lol... This is frustrating as all hell. Going back to windows now. Update coming...

Problem is, nothing seems to be working lol... This is frustrating as all hell. Going back to windows now. Update coming...
    Just uninstalled my driver, and reinstalled it (just hoping it had something to do with it). Got through the entire tutorial fine, rebooting now for the second time, and still stuck at the X splashscreen. Man this is frustrating. Is it bricked?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Just uninstalled my driver, and reinstalled it (just hoping it had something to do with it). Got through the entire tutorial fine, rebooting now for the second time, and still stuck at the X splashscreen. Man this is frustrating. Is it bricked?
    No, it's definitely not bricked.

Try using Wug's toolkit... it goes against my standards (no disrespect to Wugfresh.. he does great work, I just hate encouraging the use of toolkits for a Nexus device) but give it a shot and lets just see if that will work for your system:
    Thanked by 3:

No, it's definitely not bricked.

Try using Wug's toolkit... it goes against my standards (no disrespect to Wugfresh.. he does great work, I just hate encouraging the use of toolkits for a Nexus device) but give it a shot and lets just see if that will work for your system:
    I don't know why that worked, because it seemingly did the same things I was doing with your instructions, but THANK YOU SO MUCH! My phone has returned! I really really appreciate all the help.
    Thanked by 2:
    John-Smith likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

I don't know why that worked, because it seemingly did the same things I was doing with your instructions, but THANK YOU SO MUCH! My phone has returned! I really really appreciate all the help.
    By all means, thank Wugfresh for that. There are times it will work seemingly inexplicably when the command line method doesn't, and vice versa. In any case glad you got it back up and running!

Thanked by:

Can confirm say problem on a mac, notice the failure to access system and apply update...

Looks like ill have to use the toolkit too on this one

Samantha-Barsics-MacBook-Pro:fastboot samanthabarsic$ ./fastboot-mac -w update image-occam-jop40d.zip
    archive does not contain 'boot.sig'
    archive does not contain 'recovery.sig'
    archive does not contain 'system.sig'
    --------------------------------------------
    Bootloader Version...: MAKOZ10l
    Baseband Version.....: M9615A-CEFWMAZM-2.0.1700.33
    Serial Number........: 003d73e85c916d1b
    checking product... OKAY
    checking version-bootloader... OKAY
    checking version-baseband... OKAY
    sending 'boot' (6166 KB)... OKAY
    writing 'boot'... OKAY
    sending 'recovery' (6664 KB)... OKAY
    writing 'recovery'... OKAY
    sending 'system' (531285 KB)... ERROR: usb_write failed with status e00002be
    FAILED (data transfer failure (No such file or directory))
    Samantha-Barsics-MacBook-Pro:fastboot samanthabarsic$
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by Fraser Carter View Post
    Can confirm say problem on a mac, notice the failure to access system and apply update...

Looks like ill have to use the toolkit too on this one

Samantha-Barsics-MacBook-Pro:fastboot samanthabarsic$ ./fastboot-mac -w update image-occam-jop40d.zip
    archive does not contain 'boot.sig'
    archive does not contain 'recovery.sig'
    archive does not contain 'system.sig'
    Bootloader Version...: MAKOZ10l
    Baseband Version.....: M9615A-CEFWMAZM-2.0.1700.33
    Serial Number........: 003d73e85c916d1b
    checking product... OKAY
    checking version-bootloader... OKAY
    checking version-baseband... OKAY
    sending 'boot' (6166 KB)... OKAY
    writing 'boot'... OKAY
    sending 'recovery' (6664 KB)... OKAY
    writing 'recovery'... OKAY
    sending 'system' (531285 KB)... ERROR: usb_write failed with status e00002be
    FAILED (data transfer failure (No such file or directory))
    Samantha-Barsics-MacBook-Pro:fastboot samanthabarsic$
    System write fail usually can be fixed by sending the system part separately or using a different usb port as well..

Zee

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

Going to use this guide later this afternoon. A buddy of mine bought a Nexus 4 from some guy, but when I got him to check the about system turns out he's not on stock. Running something called "xylon_mako_007_11_27_2012" in the "Modversion" of about phone. If I follow the steps in this guide he'll be back to stock Android and the other stuff will be totally wiped out?
    A proud former Nexus 4 Limbo level-2 member
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by mzanette View Post
    Going to use this guide later this afternoon. A buddy of mine bought a Nexus 4 from some guy, but when I got him to check the about system turns out he's not on stock. Running something called "xylon_mako_007_11_27_2012" in the "Modversion" of about phone. If I follow the steps in this guide he'll be back to stock Android and the other stuff will be totally wiped out?
    Yep

Zee

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

Yep

You're the best 2def, have I ever told you that? :-)
    zero neck and 2defmouze like this.
    Zee

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

Does it normally take a really long time to boot after the process is done? Stuck on the Nexus X logo
    Zee

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

Well it was a bit touch and go but I'll share my experience.

Followed the steps to a T, but then phone was stuck on Nexus "X" for the longest time (like minutes). Finally decided to reboot, then booted into the recovery that I have (TWRP recovery), and from there did a wipe cache/wipe davlik, then I rebooted from there and it worked.

I was sweating, my buddy was looking at me as if I screwed up his phone.

Quote Originally Posted by mzanette View Post
    Well it was a bit touch and go but I'll share my experience.

Followed the steps to a T, but then phone was stuck on Nexus "X" for the longest time (like minutes). Finally decided to reboot, then booted into the recovery that I have (TWRP recovery), and from there did a wipe cache/wipe davlik, then I rebooted from there and it worked.

I was sweating, my buddy was looking at me as if I screwed up his phone.
    Fussing around with fastboot and recovery stuff is scary at first...I was scared shless when I first started. Just keep at it and it becomes second nature. Its really hard to brick this phone.
    Zee

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

Another update, if anyone knows what's going on.

I set up my buddy's phone with stock, he went away happy. Then when he got home he checked storage info and it's only showing him 5.6GB available space. It's definitely a 16GB model (checked from bootloader says "Mako 16GB" for variant.

When I was flashing with Def's steps there were some "erase" steps first that I did. However after I got stuck at the "X", I flashed again, only the 2nd time I started with the flashing part without the "erase" steps. Is it possible it somehow flashed 2 separate system partitions or something and now only 1 is accessible?? Is there a way for me to restore back to stock and get him the entire 16GB back? (I know it's only like 11GB usable or something).

I'm stuck. He's not here right now so I can't test out stuff on his phone. Anyone who has had a similar experience can you share ?

For the factory imagery the first link isnt working and i cant find nexus 4 for the 2nd link. Is it the same for you guys?
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #45  

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by ting452 View Post
    For the factory imagery the first link isnt working and i cant find nexus 4 for the 2nd link. Is it the same for you guys?
    I'll check the link later.. The second link should take you to the page with all the factory images.. Nexus 4 is there, you aren't looking hard enough, lol. It should say 'occam' next to it as well - that's the factory image codename for the Nexus 4 (mako).

21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #46  

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by ting452 View Post
    I'll check the link later.. The second link should take you to the page with all the factory images.. Nexus 4 is there, you aren't looking hard enough, lol. It should say 'occam' next to it as well - that's the factory image codename for the Nexus 4 (mako).

Sorry just saw that Google apparently pulled the images for some reason. I'm sure they will be replaced very shortly. There are places you can find them in the meantime in an emergency, or I can upload them to my dropbox this evening if you are still in need.

I've already uploaded them to my Box.net account and put a thread for it if it's of any use
    Thanked by 2:
    zero neck and 2defmouze like this.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by peejay1977 View Post
    I've already uploaded them to my Box.net account and put a thread for it if it's of any use
    Much so, thanks!

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

Hey I just tried to do this and got to step 6. Once I got there, whenever I input the code I get "error: cannot load 'bootloader-mako-makoz101,img'

Also, I did have to download the image file through the search on and the file name I downloaded was named "yakju-jop40d-factory-279cdc5d.tgz"

I'm close to getting this done and would appreciate the help to get past this hurdle!
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #50  

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by jlekach View Post
    Hey I just tried to do this and got to step 6. Once I got there, whenever I input the code I get "error: cannot load 'bootloader-mako-makoz101,img'

Also, I did have to download the image file through the search on and the file name I downloaded was named "yakju-jop40d-factory-279cdc5d.tgz"

I'm close to getting this done and would appreciate the help to get past this hurdle!
    You downloaded the image for a Galaxy Nexus (yakju). You need the Mako image for the Nexus 4, which may still be down as Google pulled them last week for unspecified reasons. I believe peejay has a thread with the image shared if you can locate that..

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast