Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 43 of 43
Like Tree5Likes
  1. #26  

    Default Re: Cyanogenmod 10.1 Nightlies Discussion

    on the topic of kernels, anyone noticed to min freq on the CM kernel is 1026MHz? This could be causing a battery drain. Typically, and i say typically because this is not always true, but each freq has an assigned voltage, the higher the freq the higher the voltage. I've seen some chips that actually use the same voltage for all frequencies, but it's not common. Even if you change the minimum frequency (Menu > Settings > Performance > processor) down to 384, it doesn't stick. If you leave the screen and come back it's set back to 1026.

    I haven't echoed a min freq of 384 in any of the files in init.d, mostly because i'm lazy, but i wonder if that would force it to 384.
    [CENTER][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KPSmith/posts"]Follow me on Google +
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  
    HAAS599's Avatar

    Posts
    381 Posts
    Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android

    Default Re: Cyanogenmod 10.1 Nightlies Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by KSmithInNY View Post
    on the topic of kernels, anyone noticed to min freq on the CM kernel is 1026MHz? This could be causing a battery drain. Typically, and i say typically because this is not always true, but each freq has an assigned voltage, the higher the freq the higher the voltage. I've seen some chips that actually use the same voltage for all frequencies, but it's not common. Even if you change the minimum frequency (Menu > Settings > Performance > processor) down to 384, it doesn't stick. If you leave the screen and come back it's set back to 1026.

    I haven't echoed a min freq of 384 in any of the files in init.d, mostly because i'm lazy, but i wonder if that would force it to 384.
    In my settings it shows min clock at 1026 but it also shows the current clock speed at the very top and it drops and stays at 384. I can guarantee that it isn't causing any battery drain as if it is stuck on 1026. Might just be a bug in the settings.
  3. #28  

    Default Re: Cyanogenmod 10.1 Nightlies Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by HAAS599 View Post
    In my settings it shows min clock at 1026 but it also shows the current clock speed at the very top and it drops and stays at 384. I can guarantee that it isn't causing any battery drain as if it is stuck on 1026. Might just be a bug in the settings.
    When i manually adjust mine to 384, i agree that while i'm in the screen it does in fact drop to 384 and can be verified by watching the current freq as you said. But if i leave and come back or reboot the phone ... yes the min freq setting changed back to 1026 but it's not a simple display issue, i can sit and watch until i'm blue in the face and the current freq doesn't drop below 1026.

    Reboot your phone, and see if drops below 1026.
    [CENTER][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KPSmith/posts"]Follow me on Google +
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  
    HAAS599's Avatar

    Posts
    381 Posts
    Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android

    Default Re: Cyanogenmod 10.1 Nightlies Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by KSmithInNY View Post
    When i manually adjust mine to 384, i agree that while i'm in the screen it does in fact drop to 384 and can be verified by watching the current freq as you said. But if i leave and come back or reboot the phone ... yes the min freq setting changed back to 1026 but it's not a simple display issue, i can sit and watch until i'm blue in the face and the current freq doesn't drop below 1026.

    Reboot your phone, and see if drops below 1026.
    After rebooting it still drops to 384. I didn't set the min or have the "set on boot" box check though. I am on the 12/10 nightly.
  5. #30  

    Default Re: Cyanogenmod 10.1 Nightlies Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by HAAS599 View Post
    After rebooting it still drops to 384. I didn't set the min or have the "set on boot" box check though. I am on the 12/10 nightly.
    Mystery solved. It was the set on boot box. Leaving it unchecked, against logic, allows the CPU to scale down properly lol. Checking it defaults the min freq back to the 1200
    [CENTER][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KPSmith/posts"]Follow me on Google +
    HAAS599 likes this.
  6. #31  
    squadz's Avatar

    Posts
    156 Posts
    Global Posts
    271 Global Posts

    Default Re: Cyanogenmod 10.1 Nightlies Discussion

    This isn't really CM related, but seems the best place to ask. I'm running the most recent CM nightly, but I'd like to try francos kernel. They're compatible, according to franco.

    Would I just flash the kernel? What happens when there is a new CM nightly, will I have to flash CM then the kernel again?

    First time doing this, so any help is greatly appreciated!
  7. #32  

    Default Re: Cyanogenmod 10.1 Nightlies Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by squadz View Post
    This isn't really CM related, but seems the best place to ask. I'm running the most recent CM nightly, but I'd like to try francos kernel. They're compatible, according to franco.

    Would I just flash the kernel? What happens when there is a new CM nightly, will I have to flash CM then the kernel again?

    First time doing this, so any help is greatly appreciated!
    Yup gotta reflash.
  8. #33  
    squadz's Avatar

    Posts
    156 Posts
    Global Posts
    271 Global Posts

    Default Re: Cyanogenmod 10.1 Nightlies Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by davey11 View Post
    Yup gotta reflash.
    Thanks! One more simple question. Do I only need to wipe cache/dalvik, or do I need to wipe data as well? (I'm using Goo Manager, if that helps any)
  9. #34  

    Default Re: Cyanogenmod 10.1 Nightlies Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by squadz View Post
    Thanks! One more simple question. Do I only need to wipe cache/dalvik, or do I need to wipe data as well? (I'm using Goo Manager, if that helps any)
    Wipe cache and dalvik cache, no need to wipe data.
    [CENTER][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KPSmith/posts"]Follow me on Google +
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  
    HAAS599's Avatar

    Posts
    381 Posts
    Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android

    Default Re: Cyanogenmod 10.1 Nightlies Discussion

    Check out this link to see some of the QS customization. Notice the Nav bar too.

  11. #36  

    Default Re: Cyanogenmod 10.1 Nightlies Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by squadz View Post
    This isn't really CM related, but seems the best place to ask. I'm running the most recent CM nightly, but I'd like to try francos kernel. They're compatible, according to franco.

    Would I just flash the kernel? What happens when there is a new CM nightly, will I have to flash CM then the kernel again?

    First time doing this, so any help is greatly appreciated!
    Check out the free app CyanDelta, it will automatically download the latest nightly delta (10-20mb) instead of the entire rom (180-200mb). It also gives you an option to select a kernel to flash automatically so you don't even have to worry about doing the flashing/wiping of cache.
  12. #37  

    Default Re: Cyanogenmod 10.1 Nightlies Discussion

    Just for Ss & Gs i decided to check out on CM and I'm very pleased with it. I don't believe/buy into the whole artificial benchmark thing so I'm not going to sit here spewing performance numbers but I've seen an improvement in battery life which is important to me. I've noticed with his kernel, which defaults to interactive gov 384 min 1512 max, the device spends a significant more amount of time idling at 384MHz than with the stock kernel.

    Right now I'm running the CM 16 nightly, with Franco #14. He's working on for his next kernel release which sounds very intriguing.
    [CENTER][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KPSmith/posts"]Follow me on Google +
  13. #38  
    squadz's Avatar

    Posts
    156 Posts
    Global Posts
    271 Global Posts

    Default Re: Cyanogenmod 10.1 Nightlies Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by KSmithInNY View Post
    Just for Ss & Gs i decided to check out on CM and I'm very pleased with it. I don't believe/buy into the whole artificial benchmark thing so I'm not going to sit here spewing performance numbers but I've seen an improvement in battery life which is important to me. I've noticed with his kernel, which defaults to interactive gov 384 min 1512 max, the device spends a significant more amount of time idling at 384MHz than with the stock kernel.

    Right now I'm running the CM 16 nightly, with Franco #14. He's working on for his next kernel release which sounds very intriguing.
    +1 I'm running the same thing

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  14. #39  

    Default Re: Cyanogenmod 10.1 Nightlies Discussion

    How do you change Trebuchet launcher for Nova launcher?
    I'm not a root user.
  15. #40  
    2defmouze's Avatar

    Posts
    5,825 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

    Default Re: Cyanogenmod 10.1 Nightlies Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazCruz View Post
    How do you change Trebuchet launcher for Nova launcher?
    I'm not a root user.
    You can just install Nova from the Play Store. Afterwards when you hit the Home button it will give you a choice of what launcher to use and you can select to use whichever you want. If you set one as a default and want to change your mind, just go to Settings > Apps > All, find the launcher and select it, then hit "Clear Defaults".

    Thanked by:
  16. #41  

    Default Re: Cyanogenmod 10.1 Nightlies Discussion

    Your god damn right!
    Eventhought I think that might cause a problem, however I uninstalled nova launcher because now I know how to use trebuchet and it works fine to me so far. I'll be changing to nova launcher when a new rom comes to my attention
  17. #42  

    Post Re: Cyanogenmod 10.1 Nightlies Discussion (DELTA Download Question)

    Quick question to all you ROOT pros out there; I'm running CM10.1 Nightlies and I'm just wondering when I do my daily delta update do I need to check/download the Google Apps everyday as well or is that file the same no matter which CM Nightly I'm running? Thanks everyone
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cyanogenmod 10.1 Nightlies Discussion-deltadownload.jpg  
  18. #43  
    Pre-dawn raid's Avatar

    Posts
    326 Posts
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock 4.2.1; CM7.2(nook)

    Default Re: Cyanogenmod 10.1 Nightlies Discussion (DELTA Download Question)

    Quote Originally Posted by davey0728 View Post
    Quick question to all you ROOT pros out there; I'm running CM10.1 Nightlies and I'm just wondering when I do my daily delta update do I need to check/download the Google Apps everyday as well or is that file the same no matter which CM Nightly I'm running? Thanks everyone
    The GAPPS file stays the same. I had to reflash it though in recovery when updating the nightlies. The GAPPS zip should already be in your file directory.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. [Discussion] CyanogenMod 10 Fixes and Tricks
    By Dark_Knight2 in forum Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 07-29-2013, 08:01 AM
  2. CyanogenMod 10 Nightlies are LIVE!!
    By Kevin O'Quinn in forum AT&T & Rogers One X Rooting, ROMs and Hacks
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-11-2013, 04:27 AM
  3. CyanogenMod 10 Nightly & M Build Change Log and Bug List
    By dano92580 in forum AT&T Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-25-2012, 12:18 PM
  4. [ROM] Official CyanogenMod 10 Nightlies
    By dmmarck in forum Google Nexus 7 (2012) Rooting, ROMs, & Hacks
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 09-24-2012, 11:43 AM
  5. EMERGENCY Pre-ROM ALERT: CyanogenMod 6 Nightly build
    By caliskimmer in forum Epic 4G Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-30-2010, 10:12 AM

Posting Permissions

B