Voice Commands to open applications?

aappleton

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I am new to the droid world and was fortunate enough to get a Nexus 4. My life will never be the same!

I have a few questions..

Is there a way to voice search for apps/applications on the phone? For example; "Google, open camera?" "Open/go to/play Angry Birds" "Turn on flashlight"

What is the most effective way to get information from an email or text posted on my calendar? I would love to do it by voice but any advice would be great.

I thought I read on a different forum that the Google search bar across the top worked differently than the Google Now feature that you open by swiping up. Is this true? Is one better than the other?

These forums have been so helpfull! Thanks!

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I am new to the droid world and was fortunate enough to get a Nexus 4. My life will never be the same!

I have a few questions..

Is there a way to voice search for apps/applications on the phone? For example; "Google, open camera?" "Open/go to/play Angry Birds" "Turn on flashlight"

What is the most effective way to get information from an email or text posted on my calendar? I would love to do it by voice but any advice would be great.

I thought I read on a different forum that the Google search bar across the top worked differently than the Google Now feature that you open by swiping up. Is this true? Is one better than the other?

These forums have been so helpfull! Thanks!

The voice commands are evolving and a work in progress.. in time Google will incorporate more solid app opening abilities like you mentioned, I'm sure.

In terms of search ability, the search bar on top of the homescreens functions exactly the same as the one in Google Now, if you launch the latter you just see the full Now experience with the cards and stuff like that. But you get the same results and voice search capabilities using either one solely for searching.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674