|ROM] Euroskank jellybro and aokp nightly kangs

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
If you just got your nexus4, you really should consider unlocking the bootloader and flashing a custom rom. They provide a much enhanced user experience. The theme engine alone is worth flashing a rom. These roms are built by Fitsnugly. He has been producing quality roms for quite awhile. The advantage of his roms are that they are produced almost daily and have the latest stuff from the aokp and cyanogen repositories. You can dirty flash (no data wipe, but dalvik and cache wipe) these on top of each other...ie aokp nightly over aokp nightly. Do a clean flash when switching between aokp and jellybro or any other rom. Of course, always have a nandroid handy to keep you safe. :)

Please read up and follow 2defmouze's excellent unlock and root guide for your initial unlocking and rooting. Do this as soon as you can because unlocking does erase everything, including your sd card.

CM 10.1 (jellybro) kangs:
Euroskank website: euroskank
Goo.im: Goo.im Downloads - Browsing mako

Aokp kangs:
Euroskank website: euroskank
Goo.im: Goo.im Downloads - Browsing mako

These roms require a gapps (google apps) package to be flashed right after the rom flash (same flash session).
Euroskanks gapps: euroskank
I am using KonstatinKeller's gapps with good results: Goo.im Downloads - Browsing gapps

Happy flashing. :)

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Does it have built in theme support for icon themes etc?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Not sure what you mean by icon themes. I'm thinking the themes supported by your launcher. Any launcher that supports 4.2.1 will work fine.

The theme engine in these custom roms are apk's that get installed on your phone. Once installed, they show up when you go into settings. The theme will change your status bar icons, softkeys, settings menu, dialer among others. Total eye candy.
This is the settings menu with the theme input.

Screenshot_2012-12-08-19-21-08.png

When you hit that, it takes you to the theme chooser screen and you can scroll and pick. There are tons in the play store.

Screenshot_2012-12-08-19-22-57.png

Hope that answers your question.