|ROM] Euroskank jellybro and aokp nightly kangs
If you just got your nexus4, you really should consider unlocking the bootloader and flashing a custom rom. They provide a much enhanced user experience. The theme engine alone is worth flashing a rom. These roms are built by Fitsnugly. He has been producing quality roms for quite awhile. The advantage of his roms are that they are produced almost daily and have the latest stuff from the aokp and cyanogen repositories. You can dirty flash (no data wipe, but dalvik and cache wipe) these on top of each other...ie aokp nightly over aokp nightly. Do a clean flash when switching between aokp and jellybro or any other rom. Of course, always have a nandroid handy to keep you safe.
Please read up and follow 2defmouze's excellent unlock and root guide for your initial unlocking and rooting. Do this as soon as you can because unlocking does erase everything, including your sd card.
CM 10.1 (jellybro) kangs:
These roms require a gapps (google apps) package to be flashed right after the rom flash (same flash session).
I am using KonstatinKeller's gapps with good results:
- 12-09-2012, 12:00 AM #2
Re: |ROM] Euroskank jellybro and aokp nightly kangs
The theme engine in these custom roms are apk's that get installed on your phone. Once installed, they show up when you go into settings. The theme will change your status bar icons, softkeys, settings menu, dialer among others. Total eye candy.
This is the settings menu with the theme input.
When you hit that, it takes you to the theme chooser screen and you can scroll and pick. There are tons in the play store.
Hope that answers your question.
- By tcapote in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 1556Last Post: 06-13-2013, 05:53 PM
- By PvilleComp in forum Incredible Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 75Last Post: 04-06-2013, 06:11 PM
- By flyinj54 in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 18Last Post: 09-28-2012, 03:03 PM
- By Dark_Knight2 in forum Epic 4G Touch Archived ROMs and HacksReplies: 537Last Post: 08-25-2012, 12:12 PM
- By Dark_Knight2 in forum Epic 4G Touch Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 536Last Post: 08-17-2012, 10:58 PM