Google wallet

EVO28312

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
OK so I'm fully aware of Google wallet being broken after root but still worked after logging in on my s3. Now on my nexus 4 is not working to the point where i try and sign in with my gmail it forces closeS. Anyone know a workaround this? Used it a lot before so wanted to keep using it.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Rooting does not break Wallet at all, it merely triggers the disclaimer banner warning you at the top of the app, it still works 100%.

Not sure why you are getting FC's. If, and only if, you have not yet set it up on your phone, you can try clearing its data and cache. Do NOT do that if it's been activated already without first hitting Reset Wallet from within the app's settings.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Russ Dill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that the version I installed from the market was able to initialize and all that, but always failed to add cards. I backed up the version from the stock rom, and restored that on CM. That works. The version that came with the stock rom was 1.5-R87-v15 (230). I notice the one from the market is 1.5-R81-v4.

Perhaps it is just a system app thing though, in which case, TB does have a 'Convert to system app' option.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Please forgive the noob - how did you back up Wallet from an unrooted phone? What app did you use?

Never backup or restore gWallet. You can destroy the secure element which is apparently irreversable. Always reset app/delete data/uninstall before flashing and always let the app initialize as if you never had it on your device. Google stores all of your information in the cloud anyway, so once you enter your gmail/password it'll download your info and/or cards (just select setup and it does it).