Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default What are your nexus 4 display control settings

    I just got my nexus today and I picked up the display control app and was wondering what you guys have it set up.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  2. #2  

    Default Re: What are your nexus 4 display control settings

    Going to wait until Franco ads color adjustment to his kernel app, so I don't have two purchased apps that do the same thing. Looking forward to playing with the colors once its updated.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: What are your nexus 4 display control settings

    I thought about that but I don't think I'm going to be doing the ROM and kernel thing this time.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  4. #4  

    Default Re: What are your nexus 4 display control settings

    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    Going to wait until Franco ads color adjustment to his kernel app, so I don't have two purchased apps that do the same thing. Looking forward to playing with the colors once its updated.
    Kinda new to this whole kernel thing, but how long does that take out of curiosity?
  5. #5  

    Default Re: What are your nexus 4 display control settings

    Quote Originally Posted by clayjohn View Post
    Kinda new to this whole kernel thing, but how long does that take out of curiosity?
    He posted recently that he's working on the color control and gamma control for his app. No ETA available yet, but probably not long.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: What are your nexus 4 display control settings

    Franco app now has color control

    Sent from my Nexus 4
    Thanked by:
  7. #7  

    Default Re: What are your nexus 4 display control settings

    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    Franco app now has color control

    Sent from my Nexus 4
    So have you tried his latest kernel running on the stock ROM? If so, what do you think about it?
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
  8. #8  

    Default Re: What are your nexus 4 display control settings

    Quote Originally Posted by greydarrah View Post
    So have you tried his latest kernel running on the stock ROM? If so, what do you think about it?
    I'm actually on Xylon ROM. Haven't been stock for a while. The customizable Quicksettings are just too good. Plus, Xylon is super smooth.

    Sent from my Nexus 4
  9. #9  
    Ukyo's Avatar

    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

    Default Re: What are your nexus 4 display control settings

    I've only recently came back to Android from iOS so bear with me...

    Seems as though there's some kernel devs that have put paid apps up on Play store. Are they worth it? Franco's app cost a cool 5 bones... again I've been out of the Android scene for a while so I don't know who's who or what kernel has a good rep, etc...
  10. #10  

    Default Re: What are your nexus 4 display control settings

    Quote Originally Posted by Ukyo View Post
    I've only recently came back to Android from iOS so bear with me...

    Seems as though there's some kernel devs that have put paid apps up on Play store. Are they worth it? Franco's app cost a cool 5 bones... again I've been out of the Android scene for a while so I don't know who's who or what kernel has a good rep, etc...
    I think it is, but that's because my device seems to like Franco's kernels better than others...yours may not. His app also has many controls that make it easy to update your phone to newer kernel versions, control the color of your screen, make CPU speed adjustments and more. I would recommend trying out his kernel first. It it runs well on your phone, you can decide if you want the features his app provides.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
  11. #11  

    Default Re: What are your nexus 4 display control settings

    Quote Originally Posted by Ukyo View Post
    I've only recently came back to Android from iOS so bear with me...

    Seems as though there's some kernel devs that have put paid apps up on Play store. Are they worth it? Franco's app cost a cool 5 bones... again I've been out of the Android scene for a while so I don't know who's who or what kernel has a good rep, etc...
    For some phones he's got a free version of the app that has less configuration options.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Nexus 4 / Nexus 7 / Transformer Prime
    @digitalslacker
    +digitalslacker
  12. #12  

    Default Re: What are your nexus 4 display control settings

    So back to the OP, what color settings are people considering "optimal"?
    I got my N4 this AM and I'm already running his kernel w/ app.
    Nexus 4 / Nexus 7 / Transformer Prime
    @digitalslacker
    +digitalslacker
  13. #13  

    Default Re: What are your nexus 4 display control settings

    238
    228
    240

    That's what I have on the display control app.
    I'm running stock.
    Thanked by:
    Bar81 
  14. #14  

    Default Re: What are your nexus 4 display control settings

    i'm also using franco kernel, but i can't locate where the display control is located. can someone help me? thanks a lot!
  15. #15  

    Default Re: What are your nexus 4 display control settings

    Quote Originally Posted by strifemiczzz View Post
    i'm also using franco kernel, but i can't locate where the display control is located. can someone help me? thanks a lot!
    You need to be using his app:

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...o.kernel&hl=en

    or

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...from_developer
  16. #16  

    Default Re: What are your nexus 4 display control settings

    Quote Originally Posted by gtamhankar View Post
    238
    228
    240

    That's what I have on the display control app.
    I'm running stock.
    That looks pretty good on first impression.

Similar Threads

  1. What are your must have Nexus 7 Apps?
    By heyitsruss in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 01-02-2013, 08:02 PM
  2. What are your favorite nexus 7 apps?
    By thesocialbatch in forum Tablet Apps
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-21-2012, 02:55 PM
  3. What are your thoughts on GPS settings?
    By PaulQ in forum Verizon HTC Rezound
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-18-2011, 02:35 PM
  4. What are your display Stats
    By asuprice in forum AT&T ATRIX
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-14-2011, 09:09 PM
  5. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-16-2011, 02:59 AM

Posting Permissions