Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 2defmouze
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Need help, rooting nexus 4 with WUGfresh 1.6.1 did not work

i'm completely new to android/nexus 4/ rooting so i used the wugfresh to try to root my nexus 4 since it was supposed to be easy. it was going all good and i unlocked the bootloader and then when i went to root, everything was going good too. however, it did not get passed the twrp menu, it just stayed there and i did not know what to do. so i clicked "reboot system" and when it rebooted it said my nexus4 was rooted but superuser and busybox was not installed. when i ran some apps that needed root to work, they did not work. i tried installing superuser and busybox myself from android google play and it still did not work!

PLEASE HELP

Red face Re: Need help, rooting nexus 4 with WUGfresh 1.6.1 did not work

I will be using same process soon, i hope i have better luck. keep trying..its worth it. when hacks and developing ure phone goes well its SOooo worth it.

Default Re: Need help, rooting nexus 4 with WUGfresh 1.6.1 did not work

Quote Originally Posted by jinjin12 View Post
    i'm completely new to android/nexus 4/ rooting so i used the wugfresh to try to root my nexus 4 since it was supposed to be easy. it was going all good and i unlocked the bootloader and then when i went to root, everything was going good too. however, it did not get passed the twrp menu, it just stayed there and i did not know what to do. so i clicked "reboot system" and when it rebooted it said my nexus4 was rooted but superuser and busybox was not installed. when i ran some apps that needed root to work, they did not work. i tried installing superuser and busybox myself from android google play and it still did not work!

PLEASE HELP
    Did it tell you to flash stuff in the ready to flash folder in TWRP manually?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Nexus 4 / Nexus 7 / Transformer Prime
    @digitalslacker
    +digitalslacker

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Copy this to your device and flash it using TWRP or CWM, whichever recovery you prefer. Then you are rooted :
    zero neck likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by 2defmouze View Post
    Copy this to your device and flash it using TWRP or CWM, whichever recovery you prefer. Then you are rooted :
    sorry, this is old i forgot to update this thread. wugfresh didn't work but i was able to fix it and root it using this nexus 4 root toolkit here:

works perfectly. wugfresh has problems sometimes, many people had the same problem i had before, so if you're having the same problem now, use the tool i posted in the link above, it's way better

I was able to use the WUGfresh to unlock and root my Nexus. I had to redo one of the steps twice but it worked fine.