- 1 Posts
Flashing CM10.1 Nightly - Status 7?
Hi all, I just got my Nexus 4 & Im trying to install CM10.1 on it.
I rooted it using this guide: [GUIDE] Nexus 4 - Unlock & Root
After that I did this exactly:
1. Downloaded CM10.1 & Gapps from here: [ROM][Official][4.2.1] CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightlies for the Nexus 4 (mako) - xda-developers
2. Copied both to the /sdcard directory
(3. Downloaded ROM Manager when doing the CWM Method)
3. Downloaded TWRP Recovery 220.127.116.11 (Or CWM Recovery 18.104.22.168. CWM didnt work so I tried with TWRP)
4. Booted with TWRP (Or CWM) through fastboot: fastboot boot recovery.img
5. Wiped Cache + Dalvik Cache + Factory Reset
6. Loaded .zip file (CM10.1)
When it starts both TWRP & CWM sayCode:
set_perm: some changes failed E: Error in /sdcard/cm-10.1-20121227-NIGHTLY-mako.zip (Status 7)
Havent seen anybody else with this problem so Im posting it her, Hopefully you guys can help out?
PS: USB Debugging was on, I tried wiping ALL the data & Pushing the CM10.1 through ADB.
I installed CM10 on an LG p506 Thrive some weeks ago, That worked.
I bought the phone 2nd hand when it had CM10.1 installed already, Then I returned to stock using this: [HOW-TO] How to flash a factory image / return to stock / unlock / root # - xda-developers
Everything worked but I decided to install CM10.1 again (Liked it more) but I keep getting that error. Reinstalling Stock JB always works fine.
- 12-28-2012, 02:26 AM #2
- 5,830 Posts
Re: Flashing CM10.1 Nightly - Status 7?
Typically Status 7 error would be from either an outdated recovery or bad ROM download. Since your recovery is up to date based on the info, I'd try downloading the ROM again and check the md5. If it still fails try flashing another ROM such as AOKP (my preference anyway) at least to see if that works and we can narrow it down to being a problem with CM.
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
- 12-28-2012, 03:15 AM #3
- 12-29-2012, 04:36 PM #4
- 01-01-2013, 09:55 PM #5
- 03-04-2013, 08:58 PM #6
- By PsYcHoNeWb in forum Verizon Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 707Last Post: 12-10-2012, 04:04 PM
- By solo1 in forum HTC EVO 3DReplies: 15Last Post: 12-07-2012, 07:21 PM
- By gregs1213 in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 20Last Post: 09-01-2012, 12:07 AM
- By javier180 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 5Last Post: 08-26-2012, 12:23 AM
- By Dark_Knight2 in forum Epic 4G Touch Archived ROMs and HacksReplies: 2447Last Post: 08-25-2012, 12:10 PM