anyone using aokp?

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
So I'm running the latest aokp with the latest faux kernel and the battery is horrible. I mean when the screen is on the battery just plummets! Like 1-2%a minute. The stock ROM was nothing like this. Anyone else setting this or know what to do about it? I really like the customization but can't stand the battery. I would ask over at XDA but i don't have enough post to ask where it matters. How stupid is that?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
So I'm running the latest aokp with the latest faux kernel and the battery is horrible. I mean when the screen is on the battery just plummets! Like 1-2%a minute. The stock ROM was nothing like this. Anyone else setting this or know what to do about it? I really like the customization but can't stand the battery. I would ask over at XDA but i don't have enough post to ask where it matters. How stupid is that?

I prefer franco's kernel. You can grab it from his xda thread but I even recommend spending a couple bucks to get his app from the Play Store: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=com.franco.kernel&hl=en&token=xmxhRG9a

Though I'm sure it would be wise to see how the kernel works on your device for a while before spending the money, if cash is short. Also it is important to note that when you flash a new ROM or new kernel you always have to wait a couple of days or couple of power cycles before you can really judge battery life at all. The ROM and kernel each need time to settle and the battery to properly calibrate before your battery life will approach 'normalcy'.

:)

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I prefer franco's kernel. You can grab it from his xda thread but I even recommend spending a couple bucks to get his app from the Play Store: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=com.franco.kernel&hl=en&token=f4uGtFZr

Though I'm sure it would be wise to see how the kernel works on your device for a while before spending the money, if cash is short. Also it is important to note that when you flash a new ROM or new kernel you always have to wait a couple of days or couple of power cycles before you can really judge battery life at all. The ROM and kernel each need time to settle and the battery to properly calibrate before your battery life will approach 'normalcy'.

:)

Yeah I'm using Franco's kernel on stock and have the app and get outstanding battery. When I flashed aokp and noticed the battery dropping I tried fauxs and it didn't change. Maybe I should try it for a few days, but man it was going down fast as hell!

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm using Franco's kernel on stock and have the app and get outstanding battery. When I flashed aokp and noticed the battery dropping I tried fauxs and it didn't change. Maybe I should try it for a few days, but man it was going down fast as hell!

Did you try franco's on AOKP first? You would have had to flash it yourself after the ROM - ROMs include whatever kernel the dev chooses so it would have overwritten your franco kernel you had on stock. I believe AOKP for Mako is using the stock kernel currently, which I believe Roman had recompiled to include some important qualcomm patches but it hadn't been tested properly. I was never a fan of faux's on my Gnex either, franco's kernels have treated me right on the Gnex, Nexus 7 and Nexus 4.

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I flashed Franco's kernel again. I did read on xda that a few other people had problems with the battery dropping so bad with the screen on and they mentioned some wake lock. Maybe I'll just wait until a more stable build is released.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I flashed Franco's kernel again. I did read on xda that a few other people had problems with the battery dropping so bad with the screen on and they mentioned some wake lock. Maybe I'll just wait until a more stable build is released.

Yeah it's possible, part of the stuff that may happen when you like to flash kernel nightlies. I'm on the r28 version (latest) right now and most people in the thread seem to agree it's fixed whatever issues were present in the last few builds, fwiw.

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it's possible, part of the stuff that may happen when you like to flash kernel nightlies. I'm on the r28 version (latest) right now and most people in the thread seem to agree it's fixed whatever issues were present in the last few builds, fwiw.

And you're running aokp? How is your battery? I know it all depends on what you use and stuff but overall how is it? Cause you would know if it was as bad as mine was.

AbuYazeedUK

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to highjack the thread but how do you flash a kernel? I'm on AOKP mr1 build 1 i have francos kernel downloaded do i just flash via CWM?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Do i need to wipe cache/dalvik cache etc will it delete anything?

You can wipe cache/dalvik, usually don't need to but you don't lose anything if you do so it's not a bad idea.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
On the subject of kernels, how do you decide to use Franco over Faux over stock? I'm still using stock with AOKP. Haven't had any reason to change and I'm not tech savvy enough to reay know what the difference really is between kernels. I hear a lot of good things about Franco, but I recognize Faux from when I had a G2x.

In Faux's thread he uses a car analogy to describe kernels and ROMs and I definitely understand kernels as much as I understand a car's engine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles