- 48 Posts
[WARNING]Factory-reset through settings menu
Okay so I'm selling my LG Esteem since I got my Nexus 4. Deciding to reset everything, I decided to perform a factory reset through the settings menu. (FYI I was rooted and had CWM unlocked). Well once I did this, the phone would turn on. It would just go straight to CWM. After some searching, I read that you can't perform Factory Resets from the settings menu if you have CWM. You have to do it straight from CWM or what happened to me could happen to anyone else. Don't know if this is with all phones but it's something worth knowing just in case.
BTW I got the phone working again with a zip file I got from the phone's forums so I was pretty fortunate.
- 01-06-2013, 06:03 PM #2
Re: [WARNING]Factory-reset through settings menu
Yea, a factory reset happens in recovery. When you select it from the menu the phone just reboots into the stock recovery and completes the reset.
When you have a custom recovery that process is messed up because it's not stock.
You could just fire off a factory reset from CWM manually and reboot, it'll do the same thing.
- By KSmithInNY in forum Virgin Mobile Optimus SliderReplies: 44Last Post: 05-14-2013, 12:38 PM
- By pcguys in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 24Last Post: 08-09-2012, 11:53 PM
- By jerry 12 in forum Droid RAZR MAXXReplies: 1Last Post: 07-04-2012, 10:47 PM
- By spooksmcgee in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 4Last Post: 10-10-2010, 11:14 AM
- By PaulDroidR2D2 in forum Motorola Droid 2Replies: 0Last Post: 08-19-2010, 11:53 AM