Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default After unlock install ROM

    Hey guys well I just received my Nexus4 and right after one charge I decided to unlock the boot-loader and succeeded.
    Know I'm trying to install a custom rom but when I click on Recovery Mode (after pressing Power + Volume down) I don't see Recovery options, Wipe, Install rom from SD after the green robot disappears, it just runs the phone regular way. Why?

    -I used the famous Toolkit to unlock the boot-loader.
    -Android 4.2
    -I already put the gapps-jb-20121212-signed and the rom I want inside the memory.
    -NO ROOT is my choice.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: After unlock install ROM

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazCruz View Post
    Hey guys well I just received my Nexus4 and right after one charge I decided to unlock the boot-loader and succeeded.
    Know I'm trying to install a custom rom but when I click on Recovery Mode (after pressing Power + Volume down) I don't see Recovery options, Wipe, Install rom from SD after the green robot disappears, it just runs the phone regular way. Why?

    -I used the famous Toolkit to unlock the boot-loader.
    -Android 4.2
    -I already put the gapps-jb-20121212-signed and the rom I want inside the memory.
    -NO ROOT is my choice.
    Did you install a custom recovery?
    Sounds like you didn't and are just booting up into the stock recovery which doesn't have the options you need to flash things.

    Run through this thread [GUIDE] Nexus 4 - Unlock & Root
    It'll help explain how this all works.
    Nexus 4 / Nexus 7 / Transformer Prime
    @digitalslacker
    +digitalslacker
    Thanked by:
  3. #3  

    Default Re: After unlock install ROM

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazCruz View Post
    Hey guys well I just received my Nexus4 and right after one charge I decided to unlock the boot-loader and succeeded.
    Know I'm trying to install a custom rom but when I click on Recovery Mode (after pressing Power + Volume down) I don't see Recovery options, Wipe, Install rom from SD after the green robot disappears, it just runs the phone regular way. Why?

    -I used the famous Toolkit to unlock the boot-loader.
    -Android 4.2
    -I already put the gapps-jb-20121212-signed and the rom I want inside the memory.
    -NO ROOT is my choice.
    If you're using the toolkit there's an option on there (i think number 6) it does everything unlock the boot loader, root and install CWM

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: After unlock install ROM

    I read it. As I said the bootloader is already unlocked by the XDA Toolkit the thing is I don't know where to type the commands..

    I know... Is hard for you
  5. #5  

    Default Re: After unlock install ROM

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazCruz View Post
    I read it. As I said the bootloader is already unlocked by the XDA Toolkit the thing is I don't know where to type the commands..

    I know... Is hard for you
    Root and install custom recovery are the same option in Wugs toolkit, which are you using?

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Nexus 4 / Nexus 7 / Transformer Prime
    @digitalslacker
    +digitalslacker
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: After unlock install ROM

    The mskip toolkit V1.3.0
    I solved the whole thing, It was actually the number 6 option but I couldn't install the custom recovery that I wanted (TWRP 2.3.3.2-marko)
    There was two recovery options to choose:
    CWM 6.0.1.9
    TWRP 2.3.2.3
    The one that worked for me is CWM, after that I could install my room.

    Can you finish this thread with any recommendations or finals thoughts? I really want to keep learning.



    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  7. #7  

    Default Re: After unlock install ROM

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazCruz View Post
    The mskip toolkit V1.3.0
    I solved the whole thing, It was actually the number 6 option but I couldn't install the custom recovery that I wanted (TWRP 2.3.3.2-marko)
    There was two recovery options to choose:
    CWM 6.0.1.9
    TWRP 2.3.2.3
    The one that worked for me is CWM, after that I could install my room.

    Can you finish this thread with any recommendations or finals thoughts? I really want to keep learning.



    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Once you are rooted you can update twrp by downloading too manager from the play store. Its under menu the install open recovery. That'll get you the latest version.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Nexus 4 / Nexus 7 / Transformer Prime
    @digitalslacker
    +digitalslacker

Similar Threads

  1. weird email after installing rom
    By R3dM0nd in forum Thunderbolt Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-29-2011, 10:22 PM
  2. question after root and rom install
    By zachs in forum Thunderbolt Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-20-2011, 04:31 PM
  3. Updating Apps Freezes EVO After Installing Rom
    By Brcub in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-03-2011, 05:52 PM
  4. Restoring apps after installing ROM(Apex)
    By alphabets in forum Motorola X Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-24-2011, 03:37 PM
  5. No update after installing rom
    By I am138 in forum Incredible Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-08-2010, 01:13 PM

Posting Permissions