How to disable auto update on apps (android newbie)

Jessica Smith

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Re:

Is there a way to keep auto updates except for 1 app? I don't want my Verizon messenger app updated to a newer version but don't want to turn off all the other apps. Thanks.

soshelpme

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Every form mentions to click on the three dots in the upper right corner, in the play store... But I don't see these three dots, I can see them in other places but not where they are supposed to be... Is there another way to get to settings in the play store?
Thanks!

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Tap the 3 lines on the upper left to access settings on the newest Play Store version.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

ks2problema

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
In the play store on your device go to Menu (Top right) > Settings > Auto-update apps > Do not auto-update apps

Offline maps was never removed in any update. They just moved it to a place that is completely unintuitive. If you want to cache an area search for it first in maps then zoom in our out as needed to cover what you need. then in the search bar type in "ok maps" and it'll cache it.
In the most recent update they did supposedly make it a little easier to cache but i haven't found the option. Don't really need it now that i know that trick though.
Thanks for that bit of info. Pretty much every single update to the G Maps update has made it incrementally less usable and less user friendly. I loved it when I first got my phone but it just got worse and worse, slower and slower, and the UI became more and more bizarre.

I've been a longtime G Docs/Drive/Apps user, GP Music All Access subscriber, etc. G really needs to learn about UI design. Desperately.

Happily, when I decided to start yanking supposedly 'vital' G apps and services off my phone, all of a sudden I discovered that my phone actually worked very well -- it was just the bloated Google apps (with their perverse inability to store themselves on SD storage) that was dragging it down. My phone wouldn't even let me add or edit telephone numbers -- the bloated Google apps had so crippled it.

I didn't like getting rid of Google Plus Music -- I pay $10 a month for All Access and this means I can't use it on my phone -- but it was basically breaking my phone. I still use it on the desktop -- but if a 320 kbps or better service comes up with at least as good a queue mechanism as GPM, and it has a decent Android app (unlike the bloated, lame-UI GPM), I will definitely consider switching -- even though I have a substantial sweat equity in 'building' a personal GPM AA library that fits me (comprising about 25,000 tracks). That's not an easy thing to leave behind -- but the GPM AA app so thoroughly annoyed me that I'd definitely consider it.

I don't understand how OTHER companies can field apps that work and don't bring my phone to its knees -- but Google apparently cannot. It's insufferable.

JamesSpizzer

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
My core prime sucks,
I've set to not auto update in Ap Mgr, on Google Play and it still
goes and auto updates all its "native" apps and ends up
making my phone unusable.

What a crappy nazi operating system.