Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is anything wrong with having both SuperSU and Superuser installed?

Looking through my apps this morning, I noticed that I have both of these apps installed. I'm sure that I did this myself, maybe through a TiBu restore, maybe via some other way. Does having both installed cause any kind of problem and if so, should I just drag one off to uninstall, or is getting rid of one a little more complicated?
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

Default Re: Is anything wrong with having both SuperSU and Superuser installed?

Quote Originally Posted by greydarrah View Post
    Looking through my apps this morning, I noticed that I have both of these apps installed. I'm sure that I did this myself, maybe through a TiBu restore, maybe via some other way. Does having both installed cause any kind of problem and if so, should I just drag one off to uninstall, or is getting rid of one a little more complicated?
    You only need one, so I'd uninstall one. Having two won't mess anything up that I know of but the app is just used to manage root access so it could get confusing as to which app is managing the access...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Nexus 4 / Nexus 7 / Transformer Prime
    @digitalslacker
    +digitalslacker
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Is there any actual reason why one of these is better (or more stable) than the other? I noticed a few minutes ago, while doing something in the Franco app, I got a Grant or Deny request (see those every once in a while) from Superuser, so I'm guessing that's the one that my phone seems to be using.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

Both are very similar they both do the same thing. I prefer SuperSU's interface and it seems a bit faster than superuser. SuperSU has logging too, I'm not sure if superuser has added that yet.